Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Need help on UDP.

AuthorMessageTime
G-Unit
I have spent weeks trying to get some info on UDP but I havent been able to find any.

1. Can someone please tell me what UDP is?
2. What packet/info must I send to enable UDP support for starcraft?

Thanks.
June 17, 2003, 1:46 AM
UserLoser
Assuming your using VB...
1) Add a Winsock object to your form.
2) To 'enable' it, use this example below
[CODE]
With frmBot
.sckUDP.RemoteHost = Server
.sckUDP.RemotePort = 6112
.sckUDP.Bind 6112
End With
[/CODE]
3) You should do that at the same time, if not before your main socket connects to Battle.net
4) On the UDP socket, you will recieve the UDP Code [0x5] which is the UDP Code used for 0x14, which is usually always 'tenb', or 'bnet' backwards
5) Upon recieving 0x50, send UDP packet 0x9, which is the 3rd, and 4th DWORD of the 0x50 response from the server.

Game) To establish a UDP connection for in a game, send 0x09 to request the game info about the game you are wanting to join, in the packet yo get back, Battle.net will send you the game info, including the IP address and the port to use (Usually 6112). After you binded the connection to the host of the game, [This is the way I take it], you keep sending UDP packet 0x3 [Ping] until the host replies with it (This way you get their ping)...

After that, there is a lot more to it, I'm just doing this all from memory, so don't expect it all to be correct

----
Don't know why [CODE] tags are not working...Disable smilies is checked...
June 17, 2003, 1:54 AM
G-Unit
June 17, 2003, 1:57 AM
UserLoser
[quote author=G-Unit link=board=17;threadid=1646;start=0#msg12471 date=1055815030]
[/quote]
Thanks with no +1 is rude :P
June 17, 2003, 1:57 AM
DaRk-FeAnOr
Why would you want to use UDP support on a battle.net emulation client?
June 17, 2003, 10:49 AM
St0rm.iD
Perhaps to join games?

It's not hard at all to respond to the basic game list pings.
June 17, 2003, 7:24 PM

Search