Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | What bnet bots are available for linux platforms?

AuthorMessageTime
LockesRabb
What bnet bots are available for linux-based platforms?
March 9, 2007, 6:26 PM
dlStevens
JavaOp.
March 9, 2007, 6:44 PM
Explicit[nK]
There's Slackchat, although it doesn't support lockdown.
March 9, 2007, 7:17 PM
BreW
zDs
March 9, 2007, 8:24 PM
rabbit
JavaOp2 and Prolix.
March 9, 2007, 8:51 PM
K
You should be able to run almost any .NET bot using a recent version of mono/libgdiplus.  Of course, theis requires that the author was careful about not using platform specific idioms such as using the '\' character combine directories instead of Path.Combine() or Path.DirectorySeparatorChar).

March 10, 2007, 2:29 AM
Myndfyr
Heh, I shudder to think of the work that would be involved in getting my bot to run on Linux.  Not even because of the path kinds of things, but because I do a TON of Win32 interop stuff in various capacities.
March 10, 2007, 4:34 AM
Smarter
I think the only .NET bot is JinxBot, and that's not even public, although there is Smart`Chat (C#), and Brutal Bot which myself and DDA-Trick-E are creating in C#/VB.NET. What other .NET bot's are there?
March 11, 2007, 9:11 PM
K
[quote author=Smarter link=topic=16457.msg166596#msg166596 date=1173647466]
I think the only .NET bot is JinxBot, and that's not even public, although there is Smart`Chat (C#), and Brutal Bot which myself and DDA-Trick-E are creating in C#/VB.NET. What other .NET bot's are there?
[/quote]

kBot was a bot I wrote a while ago that no longer works (and the download links are broken).  It ran fine using mono.

Just recently I made some fixes -- notably using BNLS for checkrevision -- and created a Gtk# GUI plugin, but I haven't got all the kinks worked out, and I'm not really working on it.
March 11, 2007, 9:36 PM
Ersan
Some guy from these boards wanted me to test a bot called Aegis, it seemed to work well enough.

Note this thread has nothing to do with .NET bots...
March 11, 2007, 9:42 PM
Hell-Lord
Aegis OPS was made in RealBASIC by i forget who :P
March 12, 2007, 1:11 AM
Barabajagal
BaDaSs made Aegis.
March 12, 2007, 2:02 AM
Hell-Lord
Yea thats it :)
Thanks Andy
March 12, 2007, 3:02 AM
DDA-TriCk-E
RealBASIC is compatible on non-Windows OS' correct?
March 12, 2007, 6:11 AM
Hell-Lord
Hi Chris  ;D
And indeed it is Thats its only good point  :P
March 12, 2007, 6:16 AM
Barabajagal
It's compatible with Windows, Linux, and Mac computers. However, the end result is usually not very good. It sort of sucks equally on all OS's for different reasons.
March 12, 2007, 8:06 AM
raylu
Assuming I don't want to use .NET/mono, you guys have listed:
Prolix, zDS, Aegis, JavaOp2

I'm pretty sure that none of these will work with lockdown, so...
April 24, 2007, 7:49 PM
HdxBmx27
JavaOp2 supports BNLS.
~Hdx
April 24, 2007, 8:17 PM
raylu
I can't get it working. I cannot edit the settings with the GUI editor because "number of rows cannot be negative." I also cannot use BNLS for an unknown reason with my connection. If you could tell me how to force it to use hashing for WAR3, that'd be great.

I'm about to try mono.
EDIT: ...um...what bot's are .NET again?
April 25, 2007, 9:45 PM
MyStiCaL
BNLS was down for a short time, maybe it'll work now, but if you can't access BNLS i don't see how you can even access Battle.net, why don't you check your FIREWALL configuration.

JavaOp or SphtBotv3 Seem to be your only options, also make sure that you are indeed running the latest version of the bot that you have selected to download.

EDIT: if your trying to connect to WAR3 on BNLS it will not work, I suggest using JBLS.org as your BNLS server if thats the case, but if your trying to connect STARCRAFT PRODUCTS or WARCRAFT II then use BNLS.
April 26, 2007, 1:48 PM
BaDaSs
Aegis is no longer an active project but yes it will run on multiple platforms including linux.
I don't think that it had many flaws other than the simple ones that I created (meaning it had nothing to do with the language it was coded in).
There were, however, a few workarounds for certain things that didn't really NEED them if it hadn't of been a REALbasic app.

But, all in all, it was a good bot. Runs in command line interface, uses virtually no resources, and can maintain a steady connection with multiple profiles loaded. It also had a unique configuration method which I think was very useful and convinient to people. :\
May 10, 2007, 3:43 AM
dlStevens
Whoa, hey Jason.
May 12, 2007, 1:21 AM

Search