Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Would someone

AuthorMessageTime
MarkDeduct
Would someone be willing to edit the Prolix bot to work w/ the new current versions of brood war??? if so I would really like this. maybe I'll throw in a lil cash....

prolix.sourceforge.net

Or even the zDS to work with the new bw version would be cool.
March 1, 2007, 9:10 AM
rabbit
Why don't you do it?
March 1, 2007, 11:34 AM
MyStiCaL
probley cuz he doesnt program? atleast he offerd money for it and not asking for source code
March 1, 2007, 2:55 PM
MarkDeduct
Why bother posting if you think its stupid or anything, fuck. I want it done. Don't ask dumb questions lol
March 2, 2007, 1:07 AM
LockesRabb
Mark, most programmers here aren't willing to assist in updating bots. The programmers on the forums prefer to only assist those who attempt to assist themselves. So if you'd like any assistance from the programmers here, it'd be very much recommended that you at least make a token effort to update the code yourself. If you run into difficulties, feel free to ask for assistance then. But it'd be ill-considered to expect anyone to code anything or spoon feed free code.

If you truly are sincere about paying someone to update the bot, you should PM UserLoser, as he usually is willing to work for hire, providing you pay the right price. He usually doesn't come cheap.

Good luck.
March 2, 2007, 2:37 AM
LockesRabb
Yes, it came off as offensive. But it doesn't mean we have to become offensive in response.

I understand about your not wanting to hear about it, but consider: the name of this forum is 'Bot Development', and his request proactively had to do with bot development, or specifically bot re-development. So the thread was posted in the correct forum, however lukewarm the response it had garnered.

As to the joke -- yes, it was a joke, slightly amusing, but this isn't the general forum, so no; in most cases for this forum, jokes usually don't happen. Jokes usually are reserved for more appropriate forums such as the General forum or the trash can.
March 2, 2007, 3:36 AM
LordNevar
I thought he asked a valid question, and it was a simple request. I personaly didn't feel any negativity towards him for asking. I am sure there is someone that would be willing to do it for a price. Mark, don't let Brew throw ya, he's a member of this forum for his ability to click "register account", and "post reply".
March 2, 2007, 4:38 AM
Denial
If you would like i can contact the original owner and ask him to update the bot himself. Which version do you want updated and how much are you willing to pay and i can forward that to him to see if he be intrested.
March 2, 2007, 4:48 AM
Kp
[quote author=Kyro link=topic=16421.msg166153#msg166153 date=1172867976]
Mod Recommendation: As the author has abandoned this thread, I'd recommend this thread be moved to trash can.[/quote]

Though this thread has deteriorated, that's mostly because of brew and the responses to him.  The author may yet return, and he made a reasonable request and received some reasonable responses.
March 3, 2007, 5:51 AM
MysT_DooM
[quote author=Denial link=topic=16421.msg166133#msg166133 date=1172810936]
If you would like i can contact the original owner and ask him to update the bot himself. Which version do you want updated and how much are you willing to pay and i can forward that to him to see if he be intrested.
[/quote]

Even if eurjk wants to update it for sc, its alot harder to do it, unless he adds bnls support. or unless he updates it for other non-lockdown clients
March 3, 2007, 5:02 PM

Search