Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | What would make your ideal bot?

AuthorMessageTime
UserLoser
I'm looking for ideas of some features for a unannounced project that's currently under development.  What kind of things would you want a bot to do?  What do you ('the community') want out of your ideal bot to use on Battle.net?

A little list of some of the features already underway:
- Support for logging on every Battle.net product using local version checks and password hashing
- Multiple profiles running per executable, the user should never need more than one executable running at a time.
- Powerful plugin system, based off of BinaryChat
- Ability to host/join UDP games (Diablo, Starcraft, Warcraft II)
- Ability to host/join Diablo II games and Warcraft III custom/arranged team games
- Complete Diablo II realm support
- Complete ladder listings for each product as well as news and tournament listings for The Frozen Throne
- Complete support for Battle.net clan management on Warcraft III
- Battle.net icon file (.bni) reading for the channel userlist.
- Support for downloading from Battle.net's internal file server (both versions 1 and 2)
- RTF-style chat logs for ease on the eyes reading chat logs
- Automated spambot/floodbot filtering ('short visit protection')
- Support for the Valhalla Legends BotNet for easy communication and database accessibility/syncronization between bots and other users
- Built in Telnet server for access from remote locations (such as work/school/friend's house)

Last but not least, the uniquest idea of all that has never been seen before on any bot to the public's eyes (this isn't really an idea, it's already been implemented and functions correctly):
- Automatic version check file patching upon new game version releases.  The bot will automatically download the patch file and execute it appropriately to patch your version check files to rid of any version check file/version code headaches.  The bot will optionally bruteforce the latest version code, however, a fingerprint searching formula is being considered to locate the version code automatically.

I pretty much think I hit all the huge features right on the head, I'm just not sure what else there is to do.  Let me know.  Please, no tacky ideas like built in AIM support or "Tic Tac Toe" like StealthBot or something.  BNLS/JBLS support will not be considered because it is not always gauranteed to be there.  I know you can say the same for BotNet, but implementing a BNLS client will totally change the entire client-side interface for the Battle.net chat server

Official status thread: here
February 26, 2007, 11:38 PM
rabbit
Dissociative GUI.

[edit]
Tic Tac Toe :P

But really, also support for additional protocols, like IRC or what not.
February 26, 2007, 11:47 PM
l2k-Shadow
p2p file transfer
February 27, 2007, 12:00 AM
LockesRabb
Suggestion: finish the ideas you have now, complete v1.0, and release it. Once you have generated a good amount of interest, you can then begin to harvest ideas.

Also, for plugins, make sure the plugins are able to access the web and download pages into variables. I regularly make use of this capability in StealthBot because it allows my site and my bot to remain in sync.

I see you said multiple profiles and a powerful plugin system; I assume you're putting in safety measures to ensure people cannot abuse the bot? sounds like there's a potential for abuse there.

I also assume there's an option to prevent the bot from making use of BotNet? (this is in case BotNet dies)
February 27, 2007, 12:03 AM
BreW
Document the UDP game protocol on Bnetdocs? =/

And by the way, everyone here made their own chatbot. If they want a certain feature in a chatbot, they look no further then to their own bot.

EDIT* To be honest, I don't think game support would be such a great idea. Noobs would download your bot and abuse it as much as possible. If I were you, I would leave game support of anything OUT.
February 27, 2007, 12:28 AM
LockesRabb
[quote author=brew link=topic=16401.msg165892#msg165892 date=1172536118]
Document the UDP game protocol on Bnetdocs? =/
[/quote]

1. Bnetdocs is down.
2. If you're referring to the Starcraft game protocol, while it's not documented on bnetdocs, it's already available for public viewing on the forums. A few clicks, and I'm looking at  documentation galore.

https://davnit.net/bnet/vL/index.php?topic=12107.0
February 27, 2007, 12:32 AM
BreW
Thank you, Kyro. I will check that link out.
February 27, 2007, 12:45 AM
UserLoser
[quote author=Kyro link=topic=16401.msg165889#msg165889 date=1172534609]
Suggestion: finish the ideas you have now, complete v1.0, and release it. Once you have generated a good amount of interest, you can then begin to harvest ideas.
[/quote]
Most of the ideas have already been completed.  The only things really left is to finish writing the rest of the actual network client and begin on the fun things.

Also, for plugins, make sure the plugins are able to access the web and download pages into variables. I regularly make use of this capability in StealthBot because it allows my site and my bot to remain in sync.

I see you said multiple profiles and a powerful plugin system; I assume you're putting in safety measures to ensure people cannot abuse the bot? sounds like there's a potential for abuse there.
[/quote]
The plugins are able to do whatever you want.  That is why it's a plugin.  Check this out, it tells a bit about how the plugin system from BinaryChat works.

I also assume there's an option to prevent the bot from making use of BotNet? (this is in case BotNet dies)
[/quote]

If you don't want to use the BotNet, then don't connect it.  It won't connect it unless you tell it to.
February 27, 2007, 12:59 AM
LockesRabb
How can I tell it to connect if I don't have the program in the first place? You haven't even released a beta version. ;)
February 27, 2007, 1:02 AM
UserLoser
[quote author=rabbit link=topic=16401.msg165887#msg165887 date=1172533648]
Dissociative GUI.

[edit]
Tic Tac Toe :P

But really, also support for additional protocols, like IRC or what not.
[/quote]

IRC is strongly being considered.
February 27, 2007, 1:04 AM
LockesRabb
Why?
February 27, 2007, 1:05 AM
dlStevens
Userloser, May I ask what langauge this will be written in? I'm automatically assuming Visual Basic 6.
Also, Why add IRC support, Why don't you leave that up to the plugin support? Actually, Nevermind IRC support would be wicked easy to do anyways.

Sounds good Userloser
February 27, 2007, 1:53 AM
UserLoser
[quote author=dlStevens link=topic=16401.msg165902#msg165902 date=1172541235]
Userloser, May I ask what langauge this will be written in? I'm automatically assuming Visual Basic 6.
Also, Why add IRC support, Why don't you leave that up to the plugin support? Actually, Nevermind IRC support would be wicked easy to do anyways.

Sounds good Userloser
[/quote]

C++...I was shocked to see you assume Visual Basic.  Doing things like version check file patcher/lockdown/hashing/such in VB is stupid.
February 27, 2007, 1:55 AM
LockesRabb
Mmm. Again, why would you add in IRC support when that could be best left as a plugin?
February 27, 2007, 1:57 AM
UserLoser
[quote author=Kyro link=topic=16401.msg165904#msg165904 date=1172541452]
Mmm. Again, why would you add in IRC support when that could be best left as a plugin?
[/quote]

I doubt there's anyone out there who would want to write the plugin (and do it good)
February 27, 2007, 2:13 AM
dlStevens
[quote author=UserLoser link=topic=16401.msg165903#msg165903 date=1172541345]
[quote author=dlStevens link=topic=16401.msg165902#msg165902 date=1172541235]

Sounds good Userloser
[/quote]

C++...I was shocked to see you assume Visual Basic.  Doing things like version check file patcher/lockdown/hashing/such in VB is stupid.
[/quote]

True, True..

Somereason I thought BinaryChat was in Visual basic 6, and you said you were using a plugin system simmilar. Hah, Bad assumption.

[quote author=UserLoser link=topic=16401.msg165905#msg165905 date=1172542393]
[/quote]

I doubt there's anyone out there who would want to write the plugin (and do it good)
[/quote]

Hell, I know IRC is pretty simple, I could check it out. I'm new at C++ though

<< C# <3
February 27, 2007, 2:24 AM
Barabajagal
do it *well. And you could write it yourself, and just release it as a plugin, so the users that have no use for it won't have to download the code for it.
February 27, 2007, 2:27 AM
dlStevens
But honestly, IRC is extreamly simplisitc it's one of the easiest things to do in sockets. It wouldn't require much time, space, nor effort.
February 27, 2007, 2:31 AM
LockesRabb
[quote author=[RealityRipple] link=topic=16401.msg165908#msg165908 date=1172543264]
do it *well. And you could write it yourself, and just release it as a plugin, so the users that have no use for it won't have to download the code for it.
[/quote]

Agreed.
February 27, 2007, 2:31 AM
Spht
Option to run as service so that when logging on/off on Windows the bot remains running, as well as option to hide the bot completely (from task bar and system tray) and restore it using command line or telnet

BNLS/NBNLS support for quick installations

This level of icon support

Battle.net user profiles which contains information like if they're filtered, custom description, custom color, custom icon that overwrites icons.bni icon, etc
February 27, 2007, 2:47 AM
BreW
I think IRC should be a plugin. But then again, plugins are (kind of) excuses for the bot creator to leave certain features out. For example, Fleet-'s new chat bot has an advanced plugin system. Whenever I ask him to add a certain feature, he would just say "code it yourself". And UserLoser, can't you just make a .dll with C++ for functions such as hashing, lockdown, etc? Then code the rest of the bot in vb6. (just because!) But seriously, I think the udp game support has great potential for abuse. Leave that out!
February 27, 2007, 3:00 AM
rabbit
When did he ever say this bot was going to be public?  And what motivation does he have to release a lockdown compatible hashing library?

Anyway, @Spht, my dissociative GUI remark was along the lines of what you said, only less detailed.  I'd definitely like the bot to focus on doing bot things, and having a separate thread handle the GUIness.

@brew: That's just cause Fleet-'s an ass.
February 27, 2007, 3:09 AM
LockesRabb
Good point rabbit. But also consider: it appears that he is coding a plugin system. Based on prior experience with other kinds of software, usually plugins indicate that the software is intended for eventual public release. I'd think it's safe to assume that while the software won't be released for the public anytime soon, the ultimate intention is to. The only question here is when.
February 27, 2007, 3:14 AM
MyStiCaL
lol @ brew saying code the bot in vb6..

Im not sure if i misunderstood about the BNLS, but maybe a optional BNLS or Local hashing would be good idea.

also like what i did in my bot a few years back, multi profile with each profile holding there own database, but for the ones that could be on moderation including differnt channels will work with each other banning ect.. ie; loads, with out affecting the profiles you are switched to chatting on :P

February 27, 2007, 3:23 AM
LockesRabb
Idea: custom packet editor, the capability to customize response and types of packets to expect, and the ability to modify even the header/footer of a packet. This would allow plugin authors to further update the bot long beyond your intent to maintain.
February 27, 2007, 3:26 AM
JoeTheOdd
I want to see you do it in .NET, UserLoser. That way plugins aren't nearly as much of a headache.
February 27, 2007, 5:02 AM
UserLoser
[quote author=Joe[x86] link=topic=16401.msg165919#msg165919 date=1172552575]
I want to see you do it in .NET, UserLoser. That way plugins aren't nearly as much of a headache.
[/quote]

They are not a headache at all.  The bot passes over a structure that the plugin returns full of function addresses (or null if the plugin doesn't support it).  Upon an event, the bot calls that address and the plugin acts upon it.  It's a rather easy system.

Writing a program that requires another big thing such as .NET framework to be installed is just silly
February 27, 2007, 5:21 AM
Ringo
[quote author=UserLoser link=topic=16401.msg165886#msg165886 date=1172533131]
- Support for logging on every Battle.net product using local version checks and password hashing
- Multiple profiles running per executable, the user should never need more than one executable running at a time.
- Ability to host/join Diablo II games and Warcraft III custom/arranged team games
[/quote]
Way to screw over bnet.
Anyone with the abbilty to add such support should know its not fit for public domain. show some repect :P
That last thing battle.net needs is ingame massloaders. (that is what it will be used for)

Just my 2 cents -- I thought you had more sence than that :)
February 27, 2007, 7:34 AM
UserLoser
[quote author=Ringo link=topic=16401.msg165933#msg165933 date=1172561685]
[/quote]
Way to screw over bnet.
Anyone with the abbilty to add such support should know its not fit for public domain. show some repect :P
That last thing battle.net needs is ingame massloaders. (that is what it will be used for)

[/quote]

We'll see.
February 27, 2007, 7:42 AM
Barabajagal
If you add P2P File Transfer, add Secure Instant Messaging over IP as well. A simple XOR encryption is good enough. Also, it might be fun to add customization to the icons used (like my bot). Just have all the icons in a zip file or something, so that people can edit them, and have your bot extract and read from it. It also cuts down on the file size of the EXE. And if you add Clan support, make displaying the clan tag in chat optional. In fact, as many options as possible is always almost a good idea. Any feature should be optional/changeable.

And... [quote author=Kyro link=topic=16401.msg165916#msg165916 date=1172546788]... ability to modify even the header/footer of a packet.
[/quote]

BNet is NOT going to modify the backbone of their packet system. There's no reason to.
February 27, 2007, 9:09 AM
rabbit
[quote author=Kyro link=topic=16401.msg165914#msg165914 date=1172546044]
Good point rabbit. But also consider: it appears that he is coding a plugin system. Based on prior experience with other kinds of software, usually plugins indicate that the software is intended for eventual public release. I'd think it's safe to assume that while the software won't be released for the public anytime soon, the ultimate intention is to. The only question here is when.
[/quote]Nope.  He even said his plugin system was based off of BinaryChat's (which is BCP).  BinaryChat was never public, and IIRC no bot UL's ever made has been public.

@Ringo: see "not public".
February 27, 2007, 11:47 AM
Arta
Assuming the fruits of this this project will be made public, bear two things in mind:

- Ringo is right;
- Blizzard are fairly easy-going on bots (at least so far) but suspect they will take a dim view of software that can join and host games: they'd consider it to be a hack program.

That said, it's an impressive feature list you've got there. Hope it all comes together nicely!
February 27, 2007, 12:17 PM
bethra
[quote author=UserLoser link=topic=16401.msg165905#msg165905 date=1172542393]
[/quote]

[/quote]Wow, if or when this bot is finished, it'll be awesome.  Are you going to obfuscate the code?  If not, I'd be interesting in decompiling it to take a look at the patcher code, as well as your lockdown implementation :P.

EDIT:  Oh if it's not going to be made public... :(.  I've kind of retired from botdev (too busy with school), but I'm looking for a nice full-featured non-VB bot... this would probably be my choice of a bot to use...
February 27, 2007, 6:44 PM
LockesRabb
[quote author=[RealityRipple] link=topic=16401.msg165935#msg165935 date=1172567364]
And... [quote author=Kyro link=topic=16401.msg165916#msg165916 date=1172546788]... ability to modify even the header/footer of a packet.
[/quote]

BNet is NOT going to modify the backbone of their packet system. There's no reason to.
[/quote]

I was referring to other protocols. What if Blizzard comes out with a new game and UserLoser is no longer maintaining it? Users would be able to then add the new packet system for that game thus make the bot support that game as well. By implementing the ability of users to modify even the header/footer section of the packets as well as customizing the packet itself, UserLoser would be definitely extending the life of the bot long way past the point UserLoser stops maintaining it.

[/quote]
Way to screw over bnet.

[/quote]

I agree with Ringo. Perhaps if you coded in security measures? For instance set it up so the program will allow only one instance per server to enter a UDP game. This way, you'd be giving the users this ability, but also at the same time restricting their ability to massload.
February 27, 2007, 7:18 PM
BreW
There will always be some way to bypass that. I recommend scrapping udp support for any public version completely. Or perhaps port the code for it to a private plugin.
February 27, 2007, 8:47 PM
MysT_DooM
even if he restricts the udp port to just one, it would stop 1 user from creating more than 1 game but look at it at this way. If one person has a userloser bot and another person and another person and another person, etc and all different people, and there all using it to advertise something like "JOIN CLAN BLAH" or something of that spamish nature than the gamelists would just be messy if you get what i mean.  And since blizzard cares about its gamers and something like i mentioned above would affect gamers, than blizzard would step in and do something.
So your best off leaving it out and it be used as something to brag about, like "HAHA my bot can host and join games and yours cant! noob"

Catch my drift ;)
February 27, 2007, 8:49 PM
inner.
UserLoser should just give out his bot to people that he trusts. That would save him less worry.
February 27, 2007, 9:08 PM
Spht
Go ahead and write the game client if you haven't already just for the learning experience, but keep it to yourself

Sounds like it's going to be a great product anyway without it
February 27, 2007, 9:14 PM
warz
My suggestion would be to leave out the extra networking related protocols. Since this is a bnet client, and not mainly an irc, or botnet client, I don't see any need for the protocols for any of those to be included with the initial download. Include those in separate plug-ins.

Edit: As well as in-game protocol support. Allow users only looking for a bnet chat client to have just that, a simple chat client. I, honestly, view in-game support as extra junk - nobody joins games strictly for chat purposes anyways.

People still write bnet bots? :(
February 27, 2007, 9:47 PM
UserLoser
[quote author=Kyro link=topic=16401.msg165949#msg165949 date=1172603881]
[quote author=[RealityRipple] link=topic=16401.msg165935#msg165935 date=1172567364]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I was referring to other protocols. What if Blizzard comes out with a new game and UserLoser is no longer maintaining it? Users would be able to then add the new packet system for that game thus make the bot support that game as well. By implementing the ability of users to modify even the header/footer section of the packets as well as customizing the packet itself, UserLoser would be definitely extending the life of the bot long way past the point UserLoser stops maintaining it.

[/quote]
Way to screw over bnet.

[/quote]

I agree with Ringo. Perhaps if you coded in security measures? For instance set it up so the program will allow only one instance per server to enter a UDP game. This way, you'd be giving the users this ability, but also at the same time restricting their ability to massload.
[/quote]

I still maintain some things from nearly 6 years ago, and I'm not going anywhere soon :)

As far as the game stuff, I don't see it being THAT much of a threat.  The only real abilities is to chat/read chat (your characters/items/objects/units/etc would be idle in game unless you wrote a plugin to manage them).  I do plan on implementing the same exact anti-flood/spam system for chat in games that I will have on for Battle.net (which is a modified version of reversed Warcraft III's built in anti-flood system).  It's not like the bot is going to be a spam bot/automated in games.
February 27, 2007, 10:33 PM
ArtofMurder
Useless post alert:

I'm looking forward to the release of UserBot.

P.S.: Do you have any screen shots of UserBot that you'd like to share?
February 28, 2007, 8:11 PM
UserLoser
[quote author=ArtofMurder link=topic=16401.msg166012#msg166012 date=1172693471]
Useless post alert:

I'm looking forward to the release of UserBot.

P.S.: Do you have any screen shots of UserBot that you'd like to share?
[/quote]

Keep your eye on this thread.  There is one screenshot (so far) of the system tray interface where you can control the profiles (similar to SphtBotv3's profile launcher, but based off of Skywing's BinaryChat).  The other dialogs are still being worked on so there isn't much to see yet.
February 28, 2007, 9:24 PM
ArtofMurder
Edit:

I'm stupid.
February 28, 2007, 9:31 PM
Barabajagal
If you need a good list of game icons, you can get one here. I created d2 icons with dots for what act/difficulty they're in. Also includes w3 and clan icons, and Away/DND/Away+DND icons I made for friend listings... May save you some time...
February 28, 2007, 10:27 PM
rabbit
UL likes to download the BNI's and unpack them himself, using drawing API to create anything else he needs (like ladder ranks).
March 1, 2007, 1:12 AM
Barabajagal
I wasn't aware BNI files had d2 character icons...
March 1, 2007, 3:16 AM
Denial
*yawns* i havent read anything yet on this post except the main topic.

The look of the bot must be professional and user friendly. So anyone who knows little about a bot can easily get the bot working. A nice gui would be a good idea to invite users to want to use the bot.

The bot should be able to login to any game that battle.net has available. Through hashes and bnls or just something they can add like lets say someone else makes a type like bnls you can put in that url and the bot will be able to connect to that instead of bnls.

Easily edited Configuration for the bot while it is connected to battle.net. A reload setting while the bot is connected.

Can be edited from the bot itself or from a txt in the bot's folder.

Should be able to support mp3 as well. As well as come with its own controls maybe. As well as have commands for the user to skip songs and such or playback or move to another song by requesting it.

For example: .play *seether*  would bring up the first song it finds with *seether* in it * being wildcard. Could read the music from a specific folder.

Games: alot that are popular are tic tac toe, connect 4 and trivia. Maybe adding these three would be a good idea as well as being able to play other people who have this bot in tic tac toe and connect 4. Vindication did something along these lines.

Being able to add plugins to the bot which is mostly featured in the binarychat.

Custom scripting Which came out with nbbot as well as vindication being able to add scripting to the bot for custom commands and such.

Examples are available if needed for scripting.

For moderation the bot should watch the other bot that has operator status and make mental notes of who gets banned and unbanned like a companionship. Should work well in clan channels as well as being able to follow clan commands in a clan channel. IE warcraft 3 channels. Knowing how to make a channel private and public as well as promote and demote someone and being able to invite someone into the clan.

Flood protection is a must The bot must have a high quality ban command as well as being able to detect a load or a flood and do it's best to take care of it if the user decides to activate this.

Being able to customize the bot with the users own font like chat font.

Whisper Windows can be turned on and off as well. A seperate window for someone who whispers you. Vindication has this option as well as people who whisper you it be seperate from where you chat. Chatting on top and whispers in another box below it.

Auto connect feature as well as a reconnect feature.

Also could have a lag spoof button which can get: The plug, Negative one, No lag bar and the normal lag you would get.

The bot database should be stored in a txt with a flag based user setting.

Notifications of a user joining the channel should be able to be turned on and off as well as if the bot detects a floodbot it should automatically turn off for a period of time and turn back on.

There should be an option to ignore talking and anything that rejoins or speaks and leaves the channel in under a second.

The notifications should be pretty normal

[23:51:57] Vladimeir joined the channel with a ping of 31 using Starcraft Brood War: 58 normal game wins..

Would be a good example showing the ping of the person what they are on and how many wins.

Userloser made a really good thing on diablo II users which was very intresting.

A website for tech support also a forum for the bot to give future suggestions and such.

A statstring update option to have it on or off.

Could also include a debugging in the bot.

The bot must be able to make accounts and register them to a specific email. for all clients that support it.
Account email: The option to change your email the account is registered to or send for a password.

The command logging and user chat should be able to have an option to be logged not in 1 txt because after a while it will be to big to open. I would say by date for a txt. As well as a user with master flags should be able to turn on and off the command and chat logging via from battle.net. IE: ?cmdl on/off

A help button on the bot which they can get help for the bot from a txt or visit the home website of the bot as well as check for updates from the bot itself.

The bot must be able to minimize to the tray.

An option to be able to display chat or not.

An option to be able to display anti-idles Custom mp3 or just a normal one that says i am this type of bot version # and made by.

A thing on the bot so you can display news to the public letting them know what is going on with the bot or any major updates battle.net is doing. This command is optional.

Foward whispering - When this option is enabled it will foward all whispers to a specific username.

Botmail - Being able to mail a user a message alot of bots these days have this option the first one i saw having this was dark`bot made by zonker.

Message bans - If a user types a certian thing it autobans them but not if they are safelisted.

normal - Sets the channel to normal.

silent- Any unsafelisted user who speaks is banned.

lockdown - Any unsafelisted user who enters the channel is banned.

private- Uses the Clan channel capabilities to make the channel exclusive to only Clan members.

guard - Removes bans from the queue of users who have already left the channel.

Ipban - a user on the same ip is autobanned when trying to enter the channel.

Tagban - anyone fitting the wildcard of that tag will be banned

Autoban - the name will be banned automatically when entering in the channel.

Idle ban - anyone who stays in the channel longer then X amount of time is either kicked or banned unless they are safelisted.

Massloadban - Bans any suspicous users which may be a massload, such as but not limited to, multiple users joining too quickly, an account logged on multiple instances.

Latencyban - Bans users whose ping is greater than the set limit.

dodgeban - Bans users whose names already appear in the ban list.

clientban - Bans a user who is logged on a Blizzard Product which is banned.

kickreturnban - Bans a user who automatically rejoins the channel after being kicked.

friendunban - Unbans a safelisted user when they are banned.

normal - Sets the queue to normal.

priority - Pushes all bans to the front of the queue to be executed
first.

filter - Filters out bans of users which are already queued.

refresh - Clears the queue every 20 seconds to ensure the queue doesn't get locked up.

[06:53:22] Account name: Denial
[06:53:22] Account created: Friday, December 05 1998 05:49:29 PM
[06:53:22] Time logged on: 3 years, 5 months, 0 weeks, 0 days, 7 hours, 26 minutes, 44 seconds
[06:53:22] Last logged on: Tuesday, October 31 2006 12:58:36 AM
[06:53:22] Last logged off: Tuesday, October 31 2006 12:53:14 AM

Also i know dark`bot had a way to get ip's of people that create games this is a very optional command but it could come in use just crossed my mind it goes something like this

[20:31:20] Game SNIPERS's stats:
[20:31:20]      Creator - Suicidal (IP: 24.174.179.180)
[20:31:20]      Map Name - Sniper Bald + Extras v308 (un-official)
[20:31:20]      Game type - use map settings
[20:31:20]      Max Players - 8
[20:31:20]      Map Size - 64x64
[20:31:20]      Game Speed - fastest

Webbot feature is an option as well but not a requirement.

Being able to load multi-profiles into one exe so you don't have to have 10 exe's running for the bot but being able to click a tab on that one bot and being able to go to another bot.

I believe Damnbot had a good thing for that back when it was popular. I also believe binarychat supports that as well.

/hex *** Toggles hexchat
/encrypt *** Toggles DMEncrypt-compatible text scrambling
/des *** Toggles 3DES encrypted chat
/rsa *** Toggles RSA encrypted chat
/settarget <user> (user to encrypt rsa to, and for sending deskeys)
/listkeys *** Lists 3DES keys
/key *** Displays active 3DES key
/randomize <type stuff for randomizing deskey>
/sendkey <keyname or wildcard mask>
/makekey <keyname> (use randomize first)
/delkey <keyname or wildcard mask>

Encryption would be nice as well to talk to as well as maybe make another encryption so people who use this bot can talk to each other.

Binarychat has alot of these commands that are very nice to have. Like being able to login to your character.

/setcharactername <charactername>
/setclass <amazon|sorceress|necromancer|paladin|barbarian|druid|assassin>
/setcharflags <hardcore|expansion|none>
/unsetcharflags <hardcore|expansion>
/interactiverealm <on|off> *** Enabling this prevents the bot from automatically logging in when connected to the realm, so that you can use the character management functions.
/createchar <charactername> *** Creates a character
/logonchar <charactername> *** Logs on a character
/delchar <charactername>
/convertchar <charactername>
/listchars *** Can be used even after logging on as a character
/realmladdersearch <charactername> <type> *** Types are: standard/expansion softcore/hardcore - ie, /realmladdersearch standard hardcore

As well as a list game function

/listgames *** Realm only
/gameinfo <game name> *** Realm only

the botnet commands as well would be nice to have i know people who use it. But i would suggest having an option to be able to turn on and off botnet so people see it and don't see it. Most users who would use a bot could care less about botnet.

Hotkeys:
ALT-N: Copy name of selected user to the input box.
ALT-X: Squelch selected user.
ALT-U: Unsquelch selected user.
ALT-I: Copy information about the selected user to the main chat output.
ALT-UPARROW: Move the user selection up one item.
ALT-DOWNARROW: Move the user selection down one item.
ALT-HOME: Move the user selection to the top item.
ALT-END: Move the user selection to the bottom item.
These hotkeys can be used from any window in the dialog.

User-input specific hotkeys:
UPARROW: View a previously sent command in the command history.
DOWNARROW: View a command sent after the one being viewed in the command history.
The command history has a maximum limit of 100 commands.

Options in the Window menu:
Always on Top: Checking this causes the bot to be on top of other windows, even when not active.
Black Background: This option enables or disables a black background edge for the main dialog.
Detect URLs: Check this to enable automatic URL detection in the main output.
Enable Tooltips: Set this option to enable user-information tooltips for the channel list.
Gray Tooltips: Enabling this will make the user-info tooltips colored white-on-gray.
24-hour Timestamps: Setting this option will enable 24-hour timestamps.
Allow Total Resizing: Turning this on will disable the minimum window size.
Set Font: Display a dialog allowing you to pick the font and size for the main chat output.

Profiles:
Profiles are displayed in a popup window.  You can edit your own profile through these.
Profile queries issued by a telnet user are displayed in the main screen.

Game stats:
Game stats (including Ladder information) are displayed in popup windows.
Stats queries issued by a telnet user are displayed in the main screen.

The bot must be able to be used as a moderation bot as well as a chat bot. Both able to be fully used as either or. An idea that is just an idea is maybe to have two different gui's so when you pick which option you would like the bot to be it can switch gui's to more better the bot. Which is just an idea that is intresting since no other bot has ever thought about doing this.

In reality this bot should be able to fully be a chatbot as well be a moderation bot being able to be both without any problems.

Also you could have it so the bot switches gui's when its turned into a chat bot or a ops bot.

Kinda like a transformer bot?

Also the way the bot logs you should be able to have a search feature that can run through the logs by dates or by months. Cause you can't always remember what you want to find or the specific
day.

Could also come with an account keeper that updates names from a list which prints out a success.txt and a failed.txt with timestamps.

Ok...  First, when one of these new bots joins a channel with another one that has ops, the ops bot can be asked to share databases so that if you designate the one that just came in, it's up to date.  It will support a .changeprofile so you can do that without actually having to switch to the bot.  Will have the ability to change passwords, create accounts, etc.  A scripting language for making commands, a way to "identify" your names so that when you join a channel on a different name, you can whisper the bot "identify <YourNameWithAccess> <YourPassword>" and the bot will know that it's you on a different name and give you access.  Now, for the truly revolutionary idea--worker bots.  Worker bots are bots that sit in your channel with your main bot and they do stuff for you.  Example: .changepassword <name> <old pass> <new pass> and a worker bot logs off, changes the password, and comes back.  .createaccount <Name to create> <Password> a worker bot leaves, creates the account, comes back.  They can perform any function you want, and (I'm still thinking of how to do this) but suppose you want to paste something big.  It divides the lines between the worker bots, so like line 1 by worker 1, line 2 by worker 2, all right after one another so it's much faster than worrying about flood protection.
March 1, 2007, 12:18 PM
rabbit
Denial, your ideas suck.
March 1, 2007, 2:28 PM
HdxBmx27
@Denial: 90% of everything you just said has already been done in one bot or another.
The other 10% was just you repeating yourself.
Yes there are actually some decent ideas there.
But, like I said, its all been done before. And most of everything you have said has already been suggested.
(You're so-called "revolutinary" multi-GUI suggestion, been done, and been suggested)
I've already made all my suggestions to UL over botnet so :/
~Hdx
March 1, 2007, 4:06 PM
UserLoser
Bot is not going to have any built in moderation features, there's already existing plugin out there (oper) to use for that
March 1, 2007, 9:30 PM
ArtofMurder
Denial, we all miss Vindication.  Get over it.  -.-
March 1, 2007, 11:11 PM
BreW
Apparently he still has Fluffybot so why does he ask so much of UL? Denial's not even going to ever see it
March 1, 2007, 11:12 PM
Denial
Well if useloser makes his bot public with good features i can send idiots to him instead of them bugging me :)

So in reality me helping him ultimately helps me.
March 2, 2007, 4:50 AM
inner.
[quote author=Denial link=topic=16401.msg166134#msg166134 date=1172811017]
Well if useloser makes his bot public with good features i can send idiots to him instead of them bugging me :)

[/quote]
You'll probably be the reason why he won't make it public now for saying that.
March 2, 2007, 5:01 AM
Spht
[quote author=Denial link=topic=16401.msg166134#msg166134 date=1172811017]

[/quote]

Wasn't that the purpose of your "list of bots" thread?
March 2, 2007, 1:59 PM
crankycefx
if you could make a viable key exchange system, and encourage a web of trust system in bnet users, as well as key signing (I guess keygen too) would be pretty neat. That would be far better and far more secure than some "encrypted chat" enable/disable feature.
I'd be curious to see your implementation of the exchange of keys, given that that is where most security issues lay.
And not using existing exchange systems.  I hate them.
March 2, 2007, 4:25 PM
Sixen
I would have to suggest Scripting Support, as well as Battle.net FTP support. Being able to browse the Public FTP for files is a very simple thing to do, yet it has not been done AFAIK...
March 5, 2007, 5:47 AM
Barabajagal
browse the public ftp...? how would you plan on doing that? As far as I know, there's no file listing.
March 5, 2007, 6:03 AM
UserLoser
[quote author=[RealityRipple] link=topic=16401.msg166255#msg166255 date=1173074617]
browse the public ftp...? how would you plan on doing that? As far as I know, there's no file listing.
[/quote]

I think he means the actual FTP server, as in, ftp://ftp.blizzard.com
March 5, 2007, 6:07 AM
Barabajagal
oh, that one. Easy enough to view it through http://ftp.blizzard.com
March 5, 2007, 6:31 AM
JoeTheOdd
I think anything you want would be on http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub which does list it's files.
March 8, 2007, 3:05 AM

Search