Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Alternative BNLS server is being hosted by Ringo

AuthorMessageTime
LockesRabb
An alternative BNLS server has been established by Ringo. People can access BNLS at bnls.dementedminds.net. The port remains the same (9367). The address is permanent. The BNLS server works with lockdown, so you can use it with all game products that were previously supported by Skywing's BNLS. Ringo says that the BNLS server will stay up until Skywing's BNLS comes back online. Hopefully Ringo will reconsider and permanently host BNLS. We sure could use a BNLS server with excellent uptime. Enjoy.
February 21, 2007, 10:24 PM
Barabajagal
Might I suggest we get a mod/admin to move the off-topic posts from https://davnit.net/bnet/vL/index.php?topic=16351 to here?

Also, two questions for Ringo...
1) Would it be possible to add DRTL/DSHR/SSHR support to your server?
2) Could I get a copy of your CRev Cache to add to my database, please? (Or, alternatively, could you set my database AS your cache, if that's possible? It's a standard MySQL database, and I can give you all the login info you need for it.)

[size=1]Edit: If you do the second part of the second idea, the first idea will be mostly complete as well, as my database currently works about 90% of the time for DRTL/DSHR/SSHR logins.[/size]
February 21, 2007, 10:51 PM
UserLoser
Hmm, I've thought of possibly writing NBNLS (New Battle.net Logon Server :P) which emulates BNLS as well as supports D1 and such (perhaps).  If I did persue such a thing, it'd be hosted on my dedicated Windows server at userloser.org
February 21, 2007, 11:11 PM
Barabajagal
JBLS used to support d1 until lockdown. You could help Blake out with it and get JBLS running again... It seems sort of silly to have so many different wheels being invented all over the place. Especially when none of the wheels are perfectly rounded...
February 21, 2007, 11:19 PM
LockesRabb
So the software Ringo is running is JBLS? And who is Blake?
February 21, 2007, 11:34 PM
Ringo
[quote author=Kyro link=topic=16367.msg165388#msg165388 date=1172096659]
An alternative BNLS server has been established by Ringo. People can access BNLS at bnls.dementedminds.net. The port remains the same (9367). The address is permanent. The BNLS server works with lockdown, so you can use it with all game products that were previously supported by Skywing's BNLS. Ringo says that the BNLS server will stay up until Skywing's BNLS comes back online. Hopefully Ringo will reconsider and permanently host BNLS. We sure could use a BNLS server with excellent uptime. Enjoy.
[/quote]
Cool :)
Just a minor note tho, my IP changes each time I reconnect, but as long as the main BNLS server come back up soon, it should be nothing to worry about :)

[quote author=[RealityRipple] link=topic=16367.msg165390#msg165390 date=1172098304]
2) Could I get a copy of your CRev Cache to add to my database, please? (Or, alternatively, could you set my database AS your cache, if that's possible? It's a standard MySQL database, and I can give you all the login info you need for it.)

[size=1]Edit: If you do the second part of the second idea, the first idea will be mostly complete as well, as my database currently works about 90% of the time for DRTL/DSHR/SSHR logins.[/size]
[/quote]
Ye I have 99-100% of all the formulas, but they are in a differnt CRDB.bin to the one im useing atm, so I need to compile them into one.
I dont really want to give out the CRDB.bin for a number of reassions, as im sure you can understand :)
Hopefully the main BNLS will be back up soon, and it will be as normal.
February 21, 2007, 11:38 PM
LockesRabb
Ringo, make your IP static then. If need be, I will personally fund it.
February 21, 2007, 11:40 PM
Barabajagal
[quote author=Kyro link=topic=16367.msg165399#msg165399 date=1172100868]
So the software Ringo is running is JBLS? And who is Blake?
[/quote]
No, it's not JBLS, and Blake = HDX.

[quote author=Ringo link=topic=16367.msg165400#msg165400 date=1172101106]
[quote author=[RealityRipple] link=topic=16367.msg165390#msg165390 date=1172098304]

[/quote]
Ye I have 99-100% of all the formulas, but they are in a differnt CRDB.bin to the one im useing atm, so I need to compile them into one.
I dont really want to give out the CRDB.bin for a number of reassions, as im sure you can understand :)
[/quote]

I wasn't asking for the formulas, I was asking for the result values from your server's cache. I completely understand nobody wants to publicly release the formulas, and giving them to me is the same as publicly releasing them.
February 21, 2007, 11:45 PM
HdxBmx27
All his server is is a cached database.
Thats the point, he dosen't wana share the values, Why, iono, but meh.
~Hdx
February 21, 2007, 11:54 PM
Barabajagal
In that case, "Formulas" is the wrong word entirely.
February 21, 2007, 11:56 PM
BreW
Wait! HDX = Blake? Not what he told me
Caught 'ya in a lie, Blakie!
Anyways, is this server going to be permanent, like BNLS is?
Is the real BNLS ever going to get back up? Why so much downtime?
February 22, 2007, 12:05 AM
LockesRabb
It'll be permanent if I can convince Ringo. His main issue is that his IP is dynamic, so I suggested he make it static, and that I'd foot the bill.

BreW, see link: http://www.bnetwiki.org/wiki/User:Hdx
February 22, 2007, 12:08 AM
Spht
[quote author=[RealityRipple] link=topic=16367.msg165396#msg165396 date=1172099982]
It seems sort of silly to have so many different wheels being invented all over the place. Especially when none of the wheels are perfectly rounded...
[/quote]

I like that
February 22, 2007, 12:17 AM
Ringo
[quote author=Hdx link=topic=16367.msg165408#msg165408 date=1172102059]
[/quote]
I stoped working on a massive project to update my little temp BNLS server for everyone to use. Why would I then want to give away the only part of it that is usefull to me?
I dont wanna have to gather aload of values again, because of loaders and flooders forcing blizzard to change them again.
I said last time i posted that 1mb BW CRDB.bin, I wont be posting anymore values.
Any of you can gather these values the same way I did. :)  Then you can do with them as you see fit :P

[quote author=Kyro link=topic=16367.msg165411#msg165411 date=1172102903]
It'll be permanent if I can convince Ringo. His main issue is that his IP is dynamic, so I suggested he make it static, and that I'd foot the bill.
[/quote]
But I injoy the freedom of a dinamic ip :P
Lets just see how long it takes for the main BNLS servers to come back up? :)
February 22, 2007, 12:46 AM
Barabajagal
[quote author=Ringo link=topic=16367.msg165419#msg165419 date=1172105164]
[/quote]
[/quote

*enjoy and *dynamic.
February 22, 2007, 12:52 AM
Ringo
[quote author=[RealityRipple] link=topic=16367.msg165420#msg165420 date=1172105577]
[/quote]
[/quote]

*enjoy and *dynamic.
[/quote]
Thanks for the english lession.
February 22, 2007, 12:55 AM
LockesRabb
[/quote]
I stoped working on a massive project to update my little temp BNLS server for everyone to use. Why would I then want to give away the only part of it that is usefull to me?
I dont wanna have to gather aload of values again, because of loaders and flooders forcing blizzard to change them again.
I said last time i posted that 1mb BW CRDB.bin, I wont be posting anymore values.
Any of you can gather these values the same way I did. :)  Then you can do with them as you see fit :P

[/quote]
[/quote]

Understood. That is your right. As soon as BNLS comes back up, I'll disable the bnls.dementedminds.net redirection then. Perhaps if we're lucky, someone (glances at userloser) will host a new BNLS with excellent uptime, or perhaps Hdx and his JBLS will find a way to work with lockdown.

The Battle.net community needs alternatives.

Edit: Actually, I'll just redirect the BNLS sub-domain to Skywing's BNLS rather than deleting the sub-domain. if it goes down again, I'll just have it redirected to whatever alternative there is at the time, even if it's JBLS. Hopefully by then JBLS will support lockdown.
February 22, 2007, 12:59 AM
Explicit[nK]
An alternative, yes, but abuse, no.
February 22, 2007, 1:08 AM
Ringo
[quote author=Kyro link=topic=16367.msg165422#msg165422 date=1172105996]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Understood. That is your right. As soon as BNLS comes back up, I'll disable the bnls.dementedminds.net redirection then. Perhaps if we're lucky, someone (glances at userloser) will host a new BNLS with excellent uptime, or perhaps Hdx and his JBLS will find a way to work with lockdown.

[/quote]
Well, the class im useing (with this BNLS server) is here
When I first posted it along with most of the values, blizzard then went and changed them.
Right after, I posted another one, that was used shortly after in a load bot. So im not giving out the .bin anymore. :) At least, not over these forums with some of the new members that have signed up lately.
Also warz posts some stuff about lockdown on the next page, that might be worth a look.
Like I said tho, I can keep it up until the main ones come up, but im already starting to wish i never even opened the damn thing :P
February 22, 2007, 1:24 AM
Gangz
[quote author=Ringo link=topic=16367.msg165428#msg165428 date=1172107455]
[quote author=Kyro link=topic=16367.msg165422#msg165422 date=1172105996]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Well, the class im useing (with this BNLS server) is here
When I first posted it along with most of the values, blizzard then went and changed them.
Right after, I posted another one, that was used shortly after in a load bot. So im not giving out the .bin anymore. :) At least, not over these forums with some of the new members that have signed up lately.
Also warz posts some stuff about lockdown on the next page, that might be worth a look.
Like I said tho, I can keep it up until the main ones come up, but im already starting to wish i never even opened the damn thing :P

[/quote]

The way you are running this login system does it have to be run from a windows server or can i run it off my 3rd party web server? If so, I would be willing to host it and keeping up a permanent server. The choice is yours just let me know whats up.
February 22, 2007, 2:10 AM
Barabajagal
He said he doesn't want to give out the database which is the backbone of his server...
February 22, 2007, 2:16 AM
Ante
[quote author=Ringo link=topic=16367.msg165400#msg165400 date=1172101106]
[quote author=Kyro link=topic=16367.msg165388#msg165388 date=1172096659]
[/quote]
Cool :)
Just a minor note tho, my IP changes each time I reconnect, but as long as the main BNLS server come back up soon, it should be nothing to worry about :)

[/quote]
Hopefully the main BNLS will be back up soon, and it will be as normal.
[/quote]

about 2 weeks ago, crdb.bin you uploaded was about 1 meg (for sexp). i dunno if its still there, but it works 80-90% of the time

February 22, 2007, 2:20 AM
Gangz
[quote author=[RealityRipple] link=topic=16367.msg165442#msg165442 date=1172110609]
He said he doesn't want to give out the database which is the backbone of his server...
[/quote]

LOL I said I would host. I could care less about the file. I'm just down to help out on getting up another reliable, permanent, server. Yes, it would take a little trust, but it's up to him. He could have full credit and call it his server or whatever, I just want to be able to use it all the time, and if that means I would have to host it then so be it. it his choice I'm just throwing out the option.
February 22, 2007, 2:59 AM
LockesRabb
He won't do it, Gangz. Trust me on that one. If you really want to host a BNLS type of server, there's always JBLS that you can download from Hdx's site. It doesn't work with lockdown though.

And also, the correct phrasing is: 'I couldn't care less about the file'. :)
February 22, 2007, 3:02 AM
Gangz
Thanks for the grammar check  :P

LOL he doesn't have to. If I was good enough to edit JBLS to work for lockdown I'd do it. Since I can't, I figured to throw it in. :D. Does anyone else host a working server?
February 22, 2007, 4:22 AM
JoeTheOdd
Kyro, stop with the grammar checks. It makes me cry inside when people force me to recognize their mistakes -- I can usually just read over them. :P

As far as I know, lockdown can not be implemented in native Java. Through use of a DLL, perhaps JBLS can work again on Windows, but it will be breaking compatability with Linux, so theres no reason for using a slow, cross-platform language anyhow.

I'm personally looking forward to CBLS. :P
February 22, 2007, 5:40 AM
HdxBmx27
Once a working implementation of Lockdown is posted, I am damen sure I can convert it into a working format for Java.
We'll see, we jsut need someone to work on revsering and posting lockdown OS instead of re-making BNLS servers.
~Hdx
February 22, 2007, 5:45 AM
JoeTheOdd
You need to map game files to memory, execute functions within them, and then grab chunks of memory and checksum them. I'm mostly worried about the second step.
February 22, 2007, 6:05 AM
TheMinistered
Userloser, thats a pretty good idea... and a simple route would be to stub the bnls and just extend it to D1 and anything else it doesn't support (maybe even wow auth? ;p)  but the more elite and faster route would be to do everything on the server locally ;)
February 22, 2007, 6:21 AM
Barabajagal
You don't have to do all of that. You can just save the memory as a file, decompile the functions, rewrite them to read from the "memory file" instead of actual memory, and you're temporarily set.
February 22, 2007, 7:07 AM
iCe
Does anyone know what caused BNLS to go down?
February 22, 2007, 7:50 AM
Ringo
[quote author=Gangz link=topic=16367.msg165440#msg165440 date=1172110220]
The way you are running this login system does it have to be run from a windows server or can i run it off my 3rd party web server? If so, I would be willing to host it and keeping up a permanent server. The choice is yours just let me know whats up.
[/quote]
Cool, thanks for the offer.
I currently have afew people willing to host it if need be. But hopefully BNLS will be back up soon, and the fuss will die down :)
Failing that, im possibly just going to send hdx the db and he can use it in JBLS and I can be done with it.

On another note, has anyone had a problem with being ip banned from 84.9.75.83?
after waking up and checking, 100's of ips were banned last night, but it didnt seem to effect the request counts, just the incoming connections.
It looks like it blocked around 80% of useless connections (from r/cing bots or w/e) so im just wundering if anyone has had problems with it?
It seems to be working 100% flawless, but i need some feed back. :P
February 22, 2007, 8:47 AM
MyStiCaL
Nah i've reconnected a few times becuz comp problems and restarting but works fine and dandy for me =)

screw it we all soon will have our own private JBLS , BNLS , CBNLS imma slap one on my server soon when i figure it out. ahah and not tell anyone =)
February 22, 2007, 10:02 AM
rabbit
[quote author=Joe[x86] link=topic=16367.msg165457#msg165457 date=1172122808]
Kyro, stop with the grammar checks. It makes me cry inside when people force me to recognize their mistakes -- I can usually just read over them. :P
[/quote]It's not a grammar check.
"could care less" and "couldn't care less" mean two entirely different things.  It's not like he said "you mean 'could not care less', not 'couldnt care less'".  FFS.
February 22, 2007, 11:50 AM
Quarantine
[quote author=[RealityRipple] link=topic=16367.msg165463#msg165463 date=1172128039]
and you're temporarily set.
[/quote]

Problem.

Additionally, what they're suggesting sounds a hell of a lot easier than what you're suggesting.

UserLoser: If you do it don't write it in a dumb language like Java, use a mans language.
February 22, 2007, 9:27 PM
UserLoser
[quote author=Warrior link=topic=16367.msg165494#msg165494 date=1172179669]
[quote author=[RealityRipple] link=topic=16367.msg165463#msg165463 date=1172128039]
[/quote]

Problem.

Additionally, what they're suggesting sounds a hell of a lot easier than what you're suggesting.

UserLoser: If you do it don't write it in a dumb language like Java, use a mans language.
[/quote]

C++ or C# are the choices at the moment, leaning towards C# because it seems fun and it's new to me kind of.  But then again, my patcher code is written in C++
February 22, 2007, 9:45 PM
JoeTheOdd
You don't have to do all of that. You can just save the memory as a file, decompile the functions, rewrite them to read from the "memory file" instead of actual memory, and you're temporarily set.
[/quote]

That makes sense, but it can't possibly be that easy though. Lockdown probably also hashes the area that it loaded itself into, so that the memory image changes with each MPQ. If that's so, you'd need 2000 memory dumps -- enough to make anyones hard drive scream, weighing in at 30MB each (if I remember correctly), and would be better off just making a table of the results from each MPQ.
February 22, 2007, 9:52 PM
LockesRabb
[quote author=Joe[x86] link=topic=16367.msg165500#msg165500 date=1172181173]
[/quote]

That makes sense, but it can't possibly be that easy though. Lockdown probably also hashes the area that it loaded itself into, so that the memory image changes with each MPQ. If that's so, you'd need 2000 memory dumps -- enough to make anyones hard drive scream, weighing in at 30MB each (if I remember correctly), and would be better off just making a table of the results from each MPQ.
[/quote]

While I know I'm not even hardly qualified to theorize, what if the process was like this:

1. Save memory as file
2. Decompile functions, make them read from memory file
3. Copy memory file to a separate file
4. When getting MPQ, 'load' MPQ into the memory file copy (akin to patching it?)
5. Connect
6. Delete patched file

Wouldn't that work? And wouldn't that save memory, since you'd be patching the original memory file, and hashing it?
February 22, 2007, 10:03 PM
Quarantine
[quote author=UserLoser link=topic=16367.msg165497#msg165497 date=1172180746]
[quote author=Warrior link=topic=16367.msg165494#msg165494 date=1172179669]
[/quote]

Problem.

[/quote]

C++ or C# are the choices at the moment, leaning towards C# because it seems fun and it's new to me kind of.  But then again, my patcher code is written in C++
[/quote]

Just use Interop Services if you use C# with a C++ Patcher DLL :P
February 23, 2007, 9:37 PM
Ringo
Yay, the main BNLS server is back up :)
I sent my CRDB.bin to hdx yesterday, so if BNLS goes down again, use jbls :P
I think he said he will have time to apply it on monday.

[code]
[15:29:26] BNLS Stats: 25323 Connection Requests, 67 Ip Bans Issued (1 Still Banned), 370 Rejects, 18805 CR Requests, 18503 success, 302 failed, 1481 Mins UpTime
[/code]
<3 My IP Ban mod :)
February 24, 2007, 3:44 PM
LockesRabb
bnls.dementedminds.net has been updated to redirect accordingly. I'm writing a script that will test connection to bnls.valhallalegends.com twice daily, and upon connection failure, it'll modify the CNAME record for the bnls.dementedminds.net sub domain and have it start redirecting to jbls.org, when connection is reestablished to bnls.valhalllegends.com, it'll automatically update the CNAME record to redirect back there.

This way, bnls.dementedminds.net should be reliable... Or at least that is my goal.
February 24, 2007, 3:54 PM
HdxBmx27
Once I figure out how to automatically edit the CName of one fo my sub-domains I can jsut interlace that with my BNLS Status checker, and yours would be obsolete :P
And im out of town for busniess this week, but i will be getting back in sunday at midnight, then I got school so the soonest I would be able to work on JBLS is monday.
Probably upgrading my main server to use lockdown monday night 11ish.
~Hdx
February 24, 2007, 4:54 PM
LockesRabb
I know how to automatically edit the CNAME for the sub-domains. I'd be happy to assist you. I do not mind making bnls.dementedminds.net obsolete. My only intent was to provide the bnet community with a reliable bnls address that works with lockdown. If I had the skills and the knowledge, I'd have programmed my own BNLS server. Unfortunately my knowledge/skills are severely limited in that aspect. Shall we speak on IM? I have all of the services, so it doesn't matter which IM service you use. I emailed you my contact info. 
February 24, 2007, 6:16 PM
Elneroth
I have a 100% uptime 100MBPS dedicated server if you guys need a reliable server to host one on.
February 24, 2007, 6:56 PM
LockesRabb
Hdx has denied my request for permission to have bnls.dementedminds.net redirected to JBLS.org automatically when bnls.valhallalegends.com goes down again. Hdx has stated that people should just go directly to JBLS. Since there are no other alternative servers, there is no point to hosting a redirector.

I emailed the automatic CNAME editing information to Hdx, so you can expect him to implement that as well.

Until Hdx gets around to implementing lockdown support, use bnls.valhallalegends.com. When Hdx has implemented it, you can use JBLS as an alternative (jbls.org). Bnls.dementedminds.net has been shut down. Thank you for your patience with my amusing amateurish antics/attempts to assist the bnet community.
February 24, 2007, 7:05 PM
MyStiCaL
Yeah so what its a bump, Ringo help it out! i don't have a w3/d2 key to connect local hash or jbls lol. =(
April 27, 2007, 1:39 AM

Search