Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Open source D2GS project: Contributions welcome!

AuthorMessageTime
ShadowDancer
[QUOTE=antirush]
We're a small team (currently 2) working on implementing a d2gs server for Diablo II 1.10 and later.  We're still in the early stages and could certainly use contributions.  If you're interested check out our sourceforge page here https://sourceforge.net/projects/d2gs/.  There's a very early prototype there for download (in delphi).  Please leave commments/feedback/help/whatever you want!
[/QUOTE]
February 8, 2007, 2:49 PM
dRAgoN
[quote author=ShadowDancer link=topic=16272.msg164310#msg164310 date=1170946178]
[QUOTE=antirush]
We're a small team (currently 2) working on implementing a d2gs server for Diablo II 1.10 and later.  We're still in the early stages and could certainly use contributions.  If you're interested check out our sourceforge page here https://sourceforge.net/projects/d2gs/.  There's a very early prototype there for download (in delphi).  Please leave commments/feedback/help/whatever you want!
[/QUOTE]

[/quote]
They also have plans to port it to C.
February 9, 2007, 8:18 AM
ShadowDancer
[quote][bold]They[/bold] also have plans to port it to C.[/quote]
I am ktion23 in sf ^^, but i quoted he bcoz he writes better english than me.

i have posted it here to see it someone from here is also interested in the project.
February 9, 2007, 12:48 PM
E.T.
I don't know Delphi (and don't really want to learn it  :-\), but the project is interesting. I might want to help you guys sometime if you port to C/C++. With the current state of Bnet's servers, I'm sure we could do better  ::) Plus modding is fun, a server supporting extra stuff would be cool to work on. Anyhow in the mean time maybe I can help by helping to document the protocol and expected behavior... I'll take a look at it later. Good luck!
February 9, 2007, 3:24 PM
ShadowDancer
Well, Delphi is not necessary... There's a lot of work to do; if you want to contribute, you are allways welcome. :)

Current tasks:

- Php a site.
- Research some packets.
- Do some analysis about posible game mechanisms.
- And a lot of other things.

^^

Shadow Dancer.-
February 9, 2007, 7:30 PM
Barabajagal
By "PHP a site", do you mean turn a static HTML site into a dynamic PHP site? I might be interested in helping out with that...
February 9, 2007, 9:10 PM
dRAgoN
[quote author=ShadowDancer link=topic=16272.msg164402#msg164402 date=1171025336]
[quote][bold]They[/bold] also have plans to port it to C.[/quote]
I am ktion23 in sf ^^, but i quoted he bcoz he writes better english than me.

i have posted it here to see it someone from here is also interested in the project.
[/quote]
If they were porting it to .Net I may have been interested.
February 9, 2007, 9:40 PM
ShadowDancer
l)ragon
:S why they instead you (?) i tried to make you figure that i am one of those two developers ^^

[RealityRipple]
d2gs.sourceforge.net
-we will make a webinterface like bnetdocs to document related info
-also a small forum better than the one that sourceforge provides (it sucks)
February 9, 2007, 10:13 PM
Barabajagal
Well.. I'm currently working on writing my own forum system based on PHP and MySQL. Big project to be doing alone, though, so it probably won't be done for a long time. And for the documentation, is it all going to be stored in a DB and such?
February 9, 2007, 10:20 PM
ShadowDancer
I think a lot of people can make a better forum than sourceforge provides in some weeks ^^

I'm currently working on writing my own forum system based on PHP and MySQL < will be opensource or pay2use ?

db mysql
February 9, 2007, 10:48 PM
AntiRush
Finally registered here  8)  Anyway I'm working on porting the code to c++ asap :P.  Especially if it'll attract more team members.  We'd love to have you onboard E.T. - release a new version of d2smells :P
February 10, 2007, 8:11 AM
Barabajagal
Seeing as nearly everything I do is open source freeware, it'll be the first one. I wasn't originally planning to release it publicly, since there's quite a few Forum systems out there already... but I might as well.
February 10, 2007, 8:26 AM
Ersan
If you do it in C/C++ I'll help.  Most of the research is already done.  Me and warz were gonna try and do this a few months ago, iirc, so maybe ask him.

But since you want people to "PHP a Site" before you have any working prototypes (or even concepts), this project will probably never get anywhere...
February 10, 2007, 12:34 PM
ShadowDancer
But since you want people to "PHP a Site" before you have any working prototypes (or even concepts), this project will probably never get anywhere...

^^

If u think that i just come with this idea yesterday and today i have started a thead and a web u are totally sad xD.

I work in a group of coders as project manager / analyst so i have a small experience in it, a dedicated forum is absolubtly needed bcoz the computer time of all will never match, so we'll talk better in a forum.

Also a small page for docs / news / task / rel code is requested if it is a big group bcoz if it dont exists people will do the same thing each time.

But those dont need to be wonderfull pages ^^ for example "a small page for docs / news / task / rel code " can be a "longtext, title, date" in a database :D

February 10, 2007, 2:06 PM
dRAgoN
[quote author=ShadowDancer link=topic=16272.msg164470#msg164470 date=1171116407]

^^

If u think that i just come with this idea yesterday and today i have started a thead and a web u are totally sad xD.

I work in a group of coders as project manager / analyst so i have a small experience in it, a dedicated forum is absolubtly needed bcoz the computer time of all will never match, so we'll talk better in a forum.

Also a small page for docs / news / task / rel code is requested if it is a big group bcoz if it dont exists people will do the same thing each time.

But those dont need to be wonderfull pages ^^ for example "a small page for docs / news / task / rel code " can be a "longtext, title, date" in a database :D

[/quote]

http://assembla.com <- better than source forge, free, live chat and offline chat, etc, etc, etc...
February 10, 2007, 2:14 PM
ShadowDancer
http://assembla.com is like a contact point xD. sf provides you with 100mb of webspace, php and mysql, shell access, cvs and a good release system, also their servers are most the time working fine, the only problem is that their web system sucks xD.

http://assembla.com/space/d2gs
February 10, 2007, 2:49 PM
Ersan
Use trac... http://tools.assembla.com/d2gs
February 10, 2007, 4:54 PM
dRAgoN
[quote author=ShadowDancer link=topic=16272.msg164473#msg164473 date=1171118987]
http://assembla.com is like a contact point xD. sf provides you with 100mb of webspace, php and mysql, shell access, cvs and a good release system, also their servers are most the time working fine, the only problem is that their web system sucks xD.

http://assembla.com/space/d2gs

[/quote]
You can add images and such to that lol.
February 11, 2007, 1:27 AM
AntiRush
[quote author=Ersan link=topic=16272.msg164465#msg164465 date=1171110863]

[/quote]

There actually is a working prototype (and therefore concepts) - check out the sourceforge page. 
February 11, 2007, 8:45 AM
Ersan
Eh, seems flakey... Port it to C and I'll help out.
February 12, 2007, 6:41 PM
UserLoser
I think this is a bad idea.
February 12, 2007, 7:08 PM
dRAgoN
[quote author=UserLoser link=topic=16272.msg164633#msg164633 date=1171307326]
[/quote]
Not realy, theres allready a server yes but there's never any updates for it.
February 12, 2007, 8:10 PM
UserLoser
[quote author=l)ragon link=topic=16272.msg164638#msg164638 date=1171311040]
[quote author=UserLoser link=topic=16272.msg164633#msg164633 date=1171307326]
[/quote]
Not realy, theres allready a server yes but there's never any updates for it.
[/quote]

Yeah, but remember it wasn't a problem for the developers of BnetD?  Hmm, I think it was.
February 12, 2007, 9:17 PM
ShadowDancer
[QUOTE]Not realy, theres allready a server yes but there's never any updates for it.[/QUOTE]
the group that maked it have said that they are no more interested in d2 or blizzard games.

[QUOTE]Yeah, but remember it wasn't a problem for the developers of BnetD?  Hmm, I think it was.[/QUOTE]
You are talking about blizzard legal actions to stop the bnetd developing ?

if yes, then think that wow emu servers are a reallity and d2 is deading.
February 12, 2007, 10:59 PM
Quarantine
WoWEmu servers are sent C&D letters every single day.
February 12, 2007, 11:01 PM
ShadowDancer
WoWEmu servers are sent C&D letters every single day. < Yes but not to the developers (?)
February 12, 2007, 11:37 PM
UserLoser
[quote author=ShadowDancer link=topic=16272.msg164668#msg164668 date=1171323456]
WoWEmu servers are sent C&D letters every single day. < Yes but not to the developers (?)
[/quote]

I think the author of WoWGlider was shutdown, also things like D2JSP can't be updated anymore (from what I've heard).  Rumored that Blizzard came knocking on their door forcing them to sign agreements?  Not sure how true that is though
February 12, 2007, 11:51 PM
ShadowDancer
[QUOTE]I think the author of WoWGlider was shutdown, also things like D2JSP can't be updated anymore (from what I've heard).  Rumored that Blizzard came knocking on their door forcing them to sign agreements?  Not sure how true that is though[/QUOTE]

mmmm the blizzhackerz owner have said something like that... guys travelling from us to europe just to know his door and make him some questions ^^.

Well in that case, i will be the only listed as project admin and blizzard guys will come to know my door (?) what is the problem.
February 13, 2007, 12:21 AM
E.T.
That may be a problem  :-X

Did they have any claims of copyright infringement or did they actually patent the d2gs protocol, or what?
February 13, 2007, 12:23 AM
ShadowDancer
Well, pvpgn said that they reversed the protocol and not the program as a legal argument, and it was valid. But i think that if they send "guys" to "make u visits" then there is not something related with copyrigth laws.
February 13, 2007, 8:41 AM
Ersan
If you don't live in the US then they can't do anything, find a Canadian guy to take all the credit for the program.
February 13, 2007, 4:21 PM
AntiRush
Software patent laws are pretty slim in South America, so I think we'll be ok. :)
February 13, 2007, 8:44 PM

Search