Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Visual Basic Programming | Problems with Winsock control and Javascript

AuthorMessageTime
laurion
I am trying to access a website using the winsock control. Apparently, the website uses javascript. I can connect fine, and I receive the data fine. However, right after I connect, I get these 3 things:
[code]
HTTP/1.1 100 Continue

[/code]

[code]
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Content-Type: text/html
Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0
X-Powered-By: ASP.NET
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 22:16:51 GMT
Connection: close

[/code]

[code]

<script language="JavaScript">
<!--

function SymError()
{
  return true;
}

window.onerror = SymError;

var SymRealWinOpen = window.open;

function SymWinOpen(url, name, attributes)
{
  return (new Object());
}

window.open = SymWinOpen;

//-->
</script>

<script src=../i.txt></script><script>st()</script>

[/code]

After receiving this data, I am disconnected. I cannot figure out why. Am I supposed to re-connect and continue sending my data? Or am I missing something? All help is appreciated :)

edit: if you think it has something to do with the "i.txt", you can view it at http://racewarkingdoms.com/i.txt
January 24, 2007, 10:19 PM
Myndfyr
It looks like your Norton Internet Security firewall is intercepting your HTTP data and injecting the JavaScript popup blocker that sucks balls.
January 24, 2007, 10:47 PM
laurion
hmmm...well, when i disable Norton, I get this data instead:

[code]
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Content-Type: text/html
Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0
X-Powered-By: ASP.NET
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 11:33:12 GMT
Connection: close

<script src=../i.txt></script><script>st()</script>

[/code]
But the connection still closes. :( If you look at st(), it is the function that draws out the html for the game interface. Perhaps I should elaborate. I am trying to login to the game using a winsock control and then perform actions... but I can't even login lol.

When I packetlog a browser logging in, it looks like after it receives that, it does a GET for i.txt. Should I be doing this as well?
January 25, 2007, 11:34 AM
rabbit
Yes...
January 25, 2007, 12:15 PM
Myndfyr
Just a thought, in your first <script> tag, the one with src=, add type="text/javascript".
January 25, 2007, 3:28 PM
laurion
im not sure if this is supposed to happen or not but i just re-connect, request i.txt, and proceed from there. i randomly get HTTP error 400 though
January 25, 2007, 4:50 PM

Search