Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | MBNCSUtil 2.0.0.10 (Beta) Posted

AuthorMessageTime
Myndfyr
MBNCSUtil 2.0.0.10 has been uploaded.  This update is not required; it does not yet fix the Lockdown MPQ issue.  However, it adds new functionality: it supports reading files from MPQ archives, and provides classes to make BnFTP requests.

This update supports only the .NET Framework 2.0.  Updates will not be made to older releases.

The following is the list of updates in this release:

[color=red]IMPORTANT - Battle.net has again changed the way the CheckRevision implementation functions for down-level clients (Warcraft III and the expansion are not affected). This is a pre-release version of MBNCSUtil 2.0 that previews the MPQ and BnFTP functionality of MBNCSUtil 2.0. Before the final release (2.0.1.12), MBNCSUtil will support the new lockdown MPQ via BNLS. It is hoped in the future, additional research will yield an independent solution to this problem.

IMPORTANT - MBNCSUtil 2.0 does not support the .NET Framework 1.x; clients that wish to use MBNCSUtil 2.0 should target the .NET Framework 2.0. [/color]

MBNCSUtil 2.0 includes the ability to open MPQ archives! See the MBNCSUtil.Data namespace for implementation details.

MBNCSUtil 2.0 includes an integrated ability to download files from Battle.net via the proprietary BnFTP protocol. See the MBNCSUtil.BnFtp namespace for implementation details.

Planned Updates:
BNLS integration (due for version 2.0.1.11, the last 2.0 beta release, and 2.0.1.12, the final 2.0 release) for lockdown MPQ support. (These will be the next two releases).

BLP and BLP2 image processing.  (This will come in 2.1.0.13).

One more 2.0 Beta release is planned before it will be considered "final" and this will include several changes to the CheckRevision class, which will enable CheckRevision to be peformed via BNLS at the option of the caller, or automatically if MBNCSUtil cannot perform it locally (for example, if the product is unsupported).

For those of you who are still using Visual Basic 6 - remember that if you have the .NET Framework 2.0 on your computer, you can use this library too!  gacutil -i mbncsutil.dll, then regasm mbncsutil.dll.  Then you can import it into your VB6 project.
December 28, 2006, 10:10 AM
UserLoser
There's another versioncheck change or this finally just supports the last one?  What about Diablo II, last time I checked that did not use lockdown.
December 29, 2006, 3:35 PM
Myndfyr
I haven't released a version of MBNCSUtil that supported the lockdown MPQs, so that's what the note about Battle.net changing that means.  To my knowledge there has not been another change, and I was referring to lockdown.
December 29, 2006, 5:31 PM
MyStiCaL
Good Job, Guess i'll wait till the BNLS release part to test it, since im thinkin about switching on over to it.. if no ones going to be picking up the BNCSutill project.
December 30, 2006, 1:59 AM

Search