Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Reverse engineering Myth War logon sequence

AuthorMessageTime
warz
I'm not sure if anyone here knows what Myth War is, but it's a rather cartoony, possibly even japanimation almost, MMORPG. My room mate playes it all the time, but wonders if it'd be possible to make a bot that could connect to their game server. I've been looking over their logon sequence, and it's a pretty basic connection. There's one packet to initialize the connection and verify the game version, one packet to verify the logon credentials and one packet to select your character. After those three packets - you're online.

I've already figured out the first packet, and am working on the logon verification packet. It uses a modified SHA1 function. Right away I can see their SHA1Init function does not initialize the 5 context struct values to their 'standard' values. It initializes the last one to 0 - the rest are standard.

The game is similar to Diablo 2, and has thousands of players over three different servers. It even has a seperate chat connection for people only interested in chatting. It just came to north america, and looks like it'd be very easily hackable. I've disassembled the main game exe file, as well as its "storm.dll" similar dll, titled "client_net.dll". I have many interesting functions commented in my IDA db file.

I'm just wondering if anyone would be interested in collaborating efforts on a emu client for this game. Like I said, I'm already connected, passing version check and processing ping packets - waiting to send logon info packet. The game's website is www.mythwaronline.com if you're interested.

Just contact me on here, or msn preferably, if you're interested. betawarz@hotmail.com
December 7, 2006, 10:56 PM
Topaz
It looks fun at any rate
December 10, 2006, 8:11 AM
JoeTheOdd
Hm, you would think this would be long in the reversing forum, eh?
December 10, 2006, 12:13 PM
warz
[quote author=Joe[x86] link=topic=16119.msg162423#msg162423 date=1165752820]
[/quote]

Oh, the reversing forum, eh? Yeah, the imaginary reversing forum - sounds like a good place to me, too.
December 10, 2006, 6:28 PM
Kp
I'd be happy to forward this to the reversing forum if we had one.
December 10, 2006, 6:31 PM
Newby
[quote author=warz link=topic=16119.msg162430#msg162430 date=1165775301]
[quote author=Joe[x86] link=topic=16119.msg162423#msg162423 date=1165752820]
[/quote]

Oh, the reversing forum, eh? Yeah, the imaginary reversing forum - sounds like a good place to me, too.
[/quote]

You gotta know the password.
December 17, 2006, 3:43 AM

Search