Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | ISO Images / CDRom drive

AuthorMessageTime
FrostWraith
Is there a way to make your computer think that the drive that has a mounted ISO image is the default cdrom drive? I made ISOs of some of my games and I would like to run them with no cd, but it keeps checking D: (My default cdrom drive) and the ISO is mounted on Z:.
Any help appreciated!
November 27, 2006, 6:48 AM
l2k-Shadow
try registry, CD Path is often stored there.
November 27, 2006, 6:57 AM
Stealth
Assuming you're running Windows XP, this is a pretty quick and easy process.

Go to your Control Panel and open up Administrative Tools. Double-click on Computer Management, then click on "Disk Management" under "Storage" on the left. In a scrollable pane at the bottom you should see an icon with information about each drive that has a drive letter on your computer. Right-clicking these drive icons allows you to change their letter.

Just switch your real CD drive to some other letter, like Y:, then change your Z: drive to D:.

If your games aren't old ones that check the first CD drive in the system only, I'd recommend taking Shadow's advice and either doing some registry digging or reinstalling the games from the CD so they look to the right drive, but this will give you a short-term fix.
November 27, 2006, 7:06 AM
Grok
Daemon Tools

Description: DAEMON Tools is a virtual cd/dvd-rom emulator. It is able to emulate nearly all known copy protections on the market today.
November 27, 2006, 7:52 AM
warz
Oh yes, Daemon Tools is a must have.
November 27, 2006, 8:54 AM
rabbit
New Daemon Tools is packed with WhenU, so get an old version only (3.4X).  I prefer Alcohol 52% (or 120%).
November 27, 2006, 12:17 PM
FrostWraith
Well, what this does I could do before. It still doesn't pass the cd check pass.I even went into device manager and disabled my main cdrom drive, leaving only my new mounted drive. Thanks for the help anyway guys.

Edit: I even went into the registry and saw the value W3CD=D:\, so i changed it to G:\, but to no avail. I'll try rebooting

Edit: Maybe that will reset everyting.
Edit: Nope!
November 27, 2006, 3:18 PM
Myndfyr
[quote author=rabbit link=topic=16080.msg161896#msg161896 date=1164629874]
New Daemon Tools is packed with WhenU, so get an old version only (3.4X).  I prefer Alcohol 52% (or 120%).
[/quote]
I just set the Deny-Run permission for Everybody on the WhenU executable.  8)
November 27, 2006, 3:50 PM

Search