Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Computer Support Issues | Networking Problem

AuthorMessageTime
FrostWraith
Hi.

My dad has a project in which it has two offices, both across town from eachother.  These two offices use the same program and need to be connected with eachother.  He has a switchboard on the host site. He would like to know if he could run a t1 between the two and successfully work together with a switchboard on the other end. This would make them all on the same LAN and ISP. This would be done without using a bridge or router.

If this is possible, would he need any appliance (Ex. CSU/DSU) between both switches and the t1? If an appliance is needed, is this the one he will need?

Any input appreciated!
November 8, 2006, 11:48 PM
Grok
Is it necessary for them to have 100% connectivity 24 hours per day?  If not, and if periodic random nonconnectivity is permitted, just use the internet and a VPN.
November 9, 2006, 8:19 PM
FrostWraith
That's what my dad's second option would be. Performance in his case really isn't quite an issue. I believe they are just sharing a common database. It is a dental company and they have hundreds of clients. What would seem more of a correct path to go, t1 or VPN. Is t1 getting outdated?
November 9, 2006, 8:42 PM
LoRd
He also has the option of renting a dedicated line from an ISP.
November 9, 2006, 9:06 PM
FrostWraith
Well, would anyone know if my little scenario above would work?
November 9, 2006, 9:41 PM

Search