Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Re: Leaglize marijuana in election

AuthorMessageTime
Twix
It's official today the votes came in that pot will not be legalized in both states that voted for it, If you ask me this was really a win for both states they got more votes to legalize it then anybody every thought they would, This is just the first step in people realizing it's time to just legalize it. Here is the vote results in both states.

Nevada
[url]http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2006/pages/results/states/NV/[/url]

Colorado
[url]http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2006/pag...lts/states/CO/[/url]

November 8, 2006, 10:21 PM
Topaz
Yes, people want to legalize marijuana so much the votes failed.
November 8, 2006, 11:38 PM
Arta
Actually, I agree with Details. 44% of the vote in favour is highly significant -- only a 12 point difference. I bet the pro lobby could get that by persuading all their lazy pothead friends to go vote :)

I'll be interested to see the results next time a state votes on it.
November 10, 2006, 8:50 AM
Rule
How ironic that the more one uses marijuana the less capable he is at arguing in favour of its legalisation.

(Source:  Topic title).
November 10, 2006, 9:52 PM
HeRo
They need to hurry up and legalize it.
November 11, 2006, 12:40 AM
Myndfyr
[quote author=Rule link=topic=16004.msg161099#msg161099 date=1163195542]
How ironic that the more one uses marijuana the less capable he is at arguing in favour of its legalisation.

(Source:  Topic title).
[/quote]
lmao.

Seriously though, I'm pretty sure it's a federal issue, so even if the states legalized it for recreational use, it wouldn't matter much.
November 11, 2006, 4:59 AM
Zakath
If it does get "legalized" that won't give people carte blanche to do whatever they want with it, you realize. It'll be subject to the same controls other legal drugs are: most likely age limitations as well as restrictions on places of purchase - and you can bet "driving under the influence" will be extended to cover pot as well as alcohol.

And I think Myndfyre is right: I believe it's considered a controlled substance under Federal law.
November 11, 2006, 5:00 AM
LoRd
You're both correct: The Controlled Substance Act addresses the use of illicit drugs at the federal level.

The proposed limitations on marijuana use in the state of Nevada are listed on the proposition's main page, which can be found here.
November 11, 2006, 5:11 AM
Disco
You're harshing my buzz, man.
November 11, 2006, 5:31 AM
warz
Guys guys guys. I've been up for like 48 hours straight. I beat gears of war, and ive been high, If I could have legally beat gears of war while high that would have not been as cool as it was while it was illegal. Its like drinking under age. Smoking if it were legal would not be near as cool. I vote we keep weed illegal in the US, but create a fraternity for potheads. Id be grandmaster potsmokey McCheif. Torque could be Chiefy McAdams SirSmoke Alot. Guys, we have opportunities here. Legal weed vs. illegal weed. Lets vote to keep it illegal!
November 11, 2006, 8:44 AM
HeRo
[quote author=warz link=topic=16004.msg161114#msg161114 date=1163234682]
Guys guys guys. I've been up for like 48 hours straight. I beat gears of war, and ive been high, If I could have legally beat gears of war while high that would have not been as cool as it was while it was illegal. Its like drinking under age. Smoking if it were legal would not be near as cool. I vote we keep weed illegal in the US, but create a fraternity for potheads. Id be grandmaster potsmokey McCheif. Torque could be Chiefy McAdams SirSmoke Alot. Guys, we have opportunities here. Legal weed vs. illegal weed. Lets vote to keep it illegal!
[/quote]
Lay of the dro.
November 11, 2006, 10:40 AM
Quarantine
[quote author=warz link=topic=16004.msg161114#msg161114 date=1163234682]
[/quote]

ROFL!!!!!!!
November 15, 2006, 12:46 AM

Search