Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Gaming Discussion | My first battle.net game

AuthorMessageTime
MyStiCaL

When I first came to battle.net i was playing WarCraft II, as i recall; i had an expansion pack before i knew about playing online for Warcraft II, when i found out how to use the online i had lost it, I was wondering; if anyone could remember if the expasion of WarCraft II was avalible on battle.net? and if so how come there was no seperate icons for it =O
November 3, 2006, 12:34 PM
Disco
iirc there was a seperate "Battle.net Edition" entirely.  I think they sold them in the same box set though.
November 3, 2006, 5:29 PM
Ersan
http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=awb0116p
November 3, 2006, 6:29 PM
MyStiCaL
Hmm yeah i see what it says but i don't see anything about if the expansion was or is playable on battle.net, and if it is.. why not a different icon for it.
November 3, 2006, 10:50 PM
Zakath
Um...because there's no difference between the expansion and the normal game? No new units, etc...

The only actual gameplay addition in the War2 expansion was a new tileset, the "Orc Swamp" from Draenor.

If anyone ever wants to mess around in War2 on Bnet, I have a large collection of maps from way back that are quite fun.
November 3, 2006, 10:52 PM
MyStiCaL
alright you win, its been so long i couldn't remember. Figured maybe it had somthing else besides maps.
November 3, 2006, 10:55 PM
Quarantine
I can testify on the maps part, we should play again sometimes Zak! :D Fun fun
November 3, 2006, 11:07 PM
Ersan
I'll pwn you war.
November 3, 2006, 11:09 PM
Disco
[quote author=Zakath link=topic=15949.msg160582#msg160582 date=1162594363]
Um...because there's no difference between the expansion and the normal game? No new units, etc...

The only actual gameplay addition in the War2 expansion was a new tileset, the "Orc Swamp" from Draenor.

If anyone ever wants to mess around in War2 on Bnet, I have a large collection of maps from way back that are quite fun.
[/quote]

Sounds awesome.  I used to play war2 all the time (usually when I would be home sick from school), but now I can't find the disks or I would ask for those maps. :(
November 3, 2006, 11:22 PM
hismajesty
Warcraft 2 consumed my life in like...7th and 8th grade. It was so awesome.

hismajesty[jbi] :)
November 4, 2006, 3:38 AM
MyStiCaL
Back in Like 96-97 It was all about WarCraft I for me lol
November 4, 2006, 3:51 AM
HeRo
I remember playing warcraft 2 tides of darkness daily. The I bought the battle.net edition and didn't know how to work it for some reason.  I loved how there was ships and oil spots, I was hoping warcraft 3 would have water ships too but sadly they didn't.
November 4, 2006, 6:49 AM

Search