Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Re: BNCSutil 1.3.1

AuthorMessageTime
cdz
for some odd reason i keep getting "Unknown client (when determining version byte)" displayed in the 0x50 packet being sent to the server.

even if i straight up code it to use STAR and its verbyte, i get the same damn thing...lol
October 17, 2006, 7:45 AM
HdxBmx27
Post a packet log, and I'm assuming you're connecting to a TBNCs server that you are running?
Make sure That you Product DWORD is 0x53544152 (RATS) not 0x52415453 (STAR)
~-~(HDX)~-~
October 17, 2006, 8:38 PM
Kp
[quote author=Hdx link=topic=15627.msg159938#msg159938 date=1161117501]
~-~(HDX)~-~[/quote]

Depending on his host platform, 0x52415453 may be RATS, not STAR.
October 18, 2006, 3:48 AM
HdxBmx27
True...... But I doubt that that is the case.

~-~(HDX)~-~
October 18, 2006, 4:32 AM
cdz
[quote author=Hdx link=topic=15627.msg159938#msg159938 date=1161117501]
Post a packet log, and I'm assuming you're connecting to a TBNCs server that you are running?
~-~(HDX)~-~
[/quote]

to be honest i have no idea what "TBNC" stands for.  ill make sure the product is a dword and sending either or.  if neither work ill let you know.

oh and another thing, where did you come up with the value 0x53544152 for "RATS"?

and if i cant get this thing working what should i use to get a working bot going?  BNCSUtil or is there anything else?

i have been told bnetauth should die and isnt good, so asking what else is there that is easy to use and learn, as well as using bnetdocs.valhallalegends.com
October 19, 2006, 4:17 AM
rabbit
TBNCS: Test BNCS, Arta's Battle.net server for testing software without getting banned for 73 years.
October 19, 2006, 10:45 PM
HdxBmx27
[quote author=cdz link=topic=15627.msg160006#msg160006 date=1161231444]oh and another thing, where did you come up with the value 0x53544152 for "RATS"?

and if i cant get this thing working what should i use to get a working bot going?  BNCSUtil or is there anything else? [/quote]
BNCSutil is good if you know what you're doing and want to make a bot that does nto rely on BNLS.
but untill then I suggest you use BNLS (It's another type of server, look on bent docs for the specks)
And I jsut converted the string"RATS" to hex to get that value.
Mind posting a packet log + some code so we can see that you're doing.
(Just your Building of 0x50 and your verbyte function)
~-~(HDX)~-~
October 19, 2006, 11:16 PM
cdz
ok so what do you recommend i do to code a bot using BNLS (WITHOUT the use of cleanslatebot)

i know about Battle.net Login Server hosted by [vL] and how it does all the hashing and cdkey decoding server side so the user doesnt have to internally program it...correct?

anyways, if you could PM me and maybe we can 1 on 1 this problem and to get me started using bnetdocs, etc. so we dont flood this topic :)

up to you, if you can thanks if not if you could be so kind and to direct me where to go to start on my own about this.

also what did you use to convert the string to hex?
October 19, 2006, 11:58 PM
HdxBmx27
As long as you know the basics of connecting to a server in your preferned language and how to handle binary data. I see no reason who I can't help you out. (HELP, not Hold your hand the eintire way)

And as for converting ASCII to Hex... if its jsut the alphabet I do it in my head, else I use a php script.. or a command like program i wrote.....
All depends on the situation.
Feel free to AIM me, jsut be sure to tell me who you are or i'll block you. And remember I will help point you int he right direction. I WIL NOT do anything for you. (Its really easy if you know the basics)
~-~(HDX)~-~
October 20, 2006, 12:05 AM
Myndfyr
The BNLS protocol specification is located at:

http://www.valhallalegends.com/yoni/bnlsprotocolspec.txt

Bnetdocs is located at:

http://bnetdocs.valhallalegends.com/

What do you mean, "convert the string to hex"?  If you're referring to saying 'STAR' is 0x53544152, then I'll tell you.  In C on little-endian platforms, specifying a multi-character literal as an integer is valid.  This would be done as something like:
[code]
#define PRODUCT_ID 'STAR'
[/code]
On little-endian platforms, this is translated in-memory to the integer value 0x53544152, which (when viewed in memory or a packet printout) looks like "RATS".

Translating between these values is simply a matter of looking up character values on the ASCII table.
October 20, 2006, 12:05 AM
Topaz
Or...

'STAR'.encode('hex')
October 20, 2006, 1:28 AM
HdxBmx27
He never specifyd a language, + he said something about csb, so i'm assuming hes useing VB, in which case that code wont work. As oposed to giving his jsut the number, and if he knows the languge he is using at all he will know how to use those numbers.
If he cant figure that out he shouldnt be making a bot yet.
~-~(HDX)~-~
October 20, 2006, 1:34 AM
cdz
im not asking for holding hand walkthrough, just a little help here and there if needed.

btw what is your aim?  its not listed in your profile

and yes im using vb 6.0.  i tried making a transition on visual basic .net 2005 and i simply do not like it.  i dunno maybe its just me or others feel the same.

i never made a battle.net bot before which is why i was asking how do i go about doing it (what do i need besides bncsutil and bnetdocs).  i know the language and how to program other applications, but bots it what i wasnt interested in, until now.

i read a little bit about csb and what it does, and i didnt want an OLE control to do the work for me.
October 20, 2006, 2:07 AM
HdxBmx27
HdxEvilBlake
I thought i put it in my post but i was mistaken.
~-~(HDX)~-~
October 20, 2006, 2:12 AM
cdz
ok i have been trying to login AIM for the past hour and nothing.

anyways so what i need to do to begin is get BNCSUtil 1.3.1 and start coding (using bnetdocs as a reference)?
October 21, 2006, 11:26 PM
HdxBmx27
Nothing besides a Basic winsock comprehension(sp?), Basic understanding on how to handle binary data, Bnet Docs, Do not use BNCSutil right now, jsut make your bot use BNLS. I found it easier to learn if you arnt handeling the functions for yourself for now, but feel compelled to add BNCSutil support once you understand what you are doing (pretty much once your bot connects with clean code)
~-~(HDX)~-~
October 21, 2006, 11:40 PM
Myndfyr
Please read the stickied topic in this forum titled "Information for Newcomers."  It provides a very in-depth overview of what you'll need to know and understand and provides links to this information online.

This topic is closed.  If you have specific things you'd like to ask about, feel free to start a new topic.
October 22, 2006, 7:01 AM

Search