Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Computer Support Issues | Video Card Troubleshooting

AuthorMessageTime
KrewL RaiN
My earlyer internet thread thing is solved, router died =P Was all that dang router lol

Well new pc is up and running, but I run into some vid card issues.

First is when playing Warcraft 3. Things run fine but somtimes the frame rate will go ack and then it will go back to normal. Its rather anoying lol

The real WTF though is when using the "test map" function in World Editer. WC3 boots up fine I test  what I added to my map, but when I exit WC I get the perma black screen of uber doomage. I just see my curser. So I am all wtf, so I use the shut down comp button on my keyboard and then the black screen vanishes and the log off blue screen comes on o.O lol. I can exit WC when playing a game normaly, its just when running the game from "test map"

Have not seen any issues playing UT 2004 so far

I installed the lastest drivers. Checked the updated bios and it only had one fix which was " 1- Fixed system hangs on POST while installing some PCI-E x16 VGA cards." One guess is that the card overheats. I checked the fan and its spinning so I realy dunno whats going on here. Talked to a few people and we still havent got an answer so now I ask you guys =P

System specs:

AMD Athlon 64 x2 3800+
Nvidia GeForce 7600 GT
Asus A8N-E mobo
1 gig of RAM
Ultra Xfinity 500 watt PSU

I be a BIOS n00b, I only know how to check my roms/hd and change boot order so any BIOS checking stuff I may need a step by step.
October 16, 2006, 7:55 PM
Quarantine
What does the BSOD say? Are your drivers digitally signed?
October 16, 2006, 10:13 PM
KrewL RaiN
Oh crap I typed blue instead of black. I ment back screen lol (I miss mr blue screen of lol)

I dled the drivers of the EVGA site

Digital Signer is Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatability. Provider, File Version and Copyright is unknown though.
October 17, 2006, 12:47 AM
nahud
ARe you sure it's not overheating?

Your computer should not stall at all in warcraft at max settings even, I'm guessing it's your hard drive/CD seeking for some reason ( my guess is based on d2 whenever I quit the game and joined a channel, my comp would just stutter)
October 17, 2006, 3:23 AM
KrewL RaiN
I wish I could tell the temp of my vid card somehow to see if it is indeed overheating.

EDIT: this is retarded. I play ut 2004 and everything is fine. My last game of wc3 was choppy as hell. Time to go bug blizz tech support.

The temps for my cpu, mobo and vid card are fine... this be too weird lol
October 17, 2006, 4:19 PM

Search