Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | everyone's status

AuthorMessageTime
Raihan
hi everyone,

since i haven't been around, i was wondering what everyone's been up to, what people are doing, etc.  this place seems to be the only existing medium (that i use, i don't use IRC) for communicating with anyone i knew on battle.net.  so, if you'd like, feel free to summarize anything you'd like from your perspective that has happened in the past two years.  normally i'd send a private message, but this seems to be the best way to reach out to most of those people i'd try to contact, and i figured it might be fun for people to discuss some of the past.

i left my response to this question in the thread i made in the aim bot development forum-- the summary of that being that i became uninterested in the battle.net scene once i was getting ready to go off to school.
October 15, 2006, 9:28 PM
HeRo
Same thing but with ip bans.
October 15, 2006, 9:55 PM
Raihan
same thing as what?
October 15, 2006, 10:01 PM
HeRo
As you used to do. Chatting, lamers loading and flooding still. Now we have ip bans though to get you more pissed.
October 16, 2006, 12:09 AM
dRAgoN
[quote author=heRo link=topic=15879.msg159857#msg159857 date=1160957354]
As you used to do. Chatting, lamers loading and flooding still. Now we have ip bans though to get you more pissed.
[/quote]
So don't screw up then.
October 16, 2006, 12:43 AM
St0rm.iD
hey its $t0rm
October 16, 2006, 4:03 AM
Rule
You were in AoF?  I started that with one of my best friends while I was in grade 8!  At what time were you in AoF, what was your AoF name, and who do you remember from AoF?

October 16, 2006, 4:23 AM
Raihan
it has been a long while.
October 16, 2006, 8:03 AM
rabbit
Oi...Rai..now I remember you.  I couldn't remember you in e1 or xL, and it was kind of bugging me...
October 16, 2006, 11:12 AM
Newby
I thought of you the other day, Raihan. Check your PMs. :)
October 16, 2006, 2:39 PM
Rule
[quote author=psychspy link=topic=15879.msg159868#msg159868 date=1160985783]
i was {AoF}_Trainee_ (some other variants, like _Pumpkin_).  i started around august of 1999, must've been gone some time in 2000 or 2001.  i remember the leader was {AoF}Dark (some symbol variants in the name).  i know ])est was in AoF, that's how we met.  i just looked through the way back machine and unfortunately i could find only this,

[code]<script language="JavaScript">
<!-- Hide from old browsers
document.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN)
document.onmousedown = checkClick

function checkClick(ev) {
        if (ev.which != 1) {
                alert("Due to clan security regulations this is not allowed.")
                return false
        }
}
// -->
</script>[/code]

some other names i remember... jericholic (went to [R]h_ rogue hunters which became cF), darkknight (same as previous), there are some other people, just kinda forgot their names; i couldn't find too much else in the way back machine.  i've had only three official names while on battle.net: trainee, raihan, psychspy.  i think those were the ones.
[/quote]

Trainee and Raihan both sound familiar, although you probably joined after I left (I suppose I never officially left, though I probably visited the channel about ten times from 98-present).  I remember |)ark -- he was unbelievably committed to the clan:  I recall he was still holding the channel in 2002, when it had been completely empty for about a year.

I think I'll always be sentimental about AoF.  :)

Out of curiosity, do you remember _FF? ("Freedom Fighters")

I'm starting to forget some of the names of old members now, but do any of
{AoF}Supreme, {AoF}][V][@$']['@ (something like that, heh), {AoF}iRoN, {AoF}Haides sound familiar?
October 16, 2006, 7:38 PM
dRAgoN
Interesting, {AoF}][V][@$']['@ I remember this name but I don't remember why lol.

Rule were you in _FF?
October 16, 2006, 10:14 PM
Raihan
i do remember _FF.  yep, ross was very committed, i haven't talked to him in a long time.  i definitely remember iRoN, and i'm sure he'd remember me.  masta looks familiar as well.  it's just so strange to remember these things and to remember that all of these things are part of my life history in some way.
October 17, 2006, 12:29 AM
Topaz
[quote author=psychspy link=topic=15879.msg159902#msg159902 date=1161044983]
it's just so strange to remember these things and to remember that all of these things are part of my life history in some way.
[/quote]

lol'd

Want to be friends?
October 17, 2006, 12:35 AM
Rule
[quote author=l)ragon link=topic=15879.msg159893#msg159893 date=1161036863]
Rule were you in _FF?
[/quote]

No, why?

Raihan: Do you still have a way to contact Dark, ])est, or iRoN?
October 17, 2006, 6:47 AM
Raihan
i wish i did-- i have no idea where they went.
October 17, 2006, 7:12 AM
warz
I think torque was in one of those clans. I know torque in person, and I seem to remember meeting up with him in channel ultimate power.
October 17, 2006, 9:38 AM
dRAgoN
[quote author=Rule link=topic=15879.msg159917#msg159917 date=1161067639]
[quote author=l)ragon link=topic=15879.msg159893#msg159893 date=1161036863]
Rule were you in _FF?
[/quote]

No, why?

Raihan: Do you still have a way to contact Dark, ])est, or iRoN?

[/quote]

Used to drop in their channel from time to time.
October 17, 2006, 10:23 PM
St0rm.iD
dude...battle.net facebook group...
October 17, 2006, 10:42 PM
Raihan
i think this would be a great way for people to get in contact with others they thought were forever lost (those who would want to remain forever lost would be if no one has records of them).
October 17, 2006, 11:07 PM
hismajesty
Raihan! Great to hear from you, it's been such a long time. Yeah, e1 died off awhile ago and xL stood for exile. Are you doing MUN in college? Granby finally got a good country assignment: China! And since I'm the only person in the club that's been there all 4 years (wow, it's been almost 4  years since you were at odumun) I got to pick first, so I grabbed up China on the security council. I'm looking forward to doing that.

Cox has a really good lacrosse team too, we lost to them (I play for Maury) in the Championship last season.
October 17, 2006, 11:22 PM
Raihan
i thought about doing model UN in college, decided against it. cool that you played them.

i guess what is on topic here is discussing where we were and where we're at now.  if anyone's interested in what i proposed above, let me know.
October 17, 2006, 11:30 PM
St0rm.iD
I'm game. Someone make a wiki.
October 18, 2006, 6:40 AM
Raihan
yep, that's what i was thinking about, but it would have to be organized independently.  wikipedia has some details on things with 'battle.net,' but it's way off from what i had in mind.  i'm thinking about something social and something somewhat interactive.  i'll try to think of something soon.  a registry would be a better idea than a wiki.  meh, only like two people responded to my primary question, what's been 'happening' since 2004?
October 18, 2006, 7:54 AM
warz
Just make something similar to facebook, but for 'battlenet people'. lol.
October 21, 2006, 3:04 AM
Zakath
Well hello Rai! Certainly been a long time. Although unless I'm completely delusional, I still see you on AIM from time to time. I probably ought to actually use my buddy list rather than just leave it sitting there, hmm..
October 24, 2006, 9:51 PM
Raihan
yep, i still use aim.  sometimes i log on to msn.

as for the database thing, i was thinking more like a repository that strictly holds certain information like a person ID, his/her organizations on battle.net, his/her awards/developments.  i suppose the 'network' feature of facebook is nice.  as for setting up the way a 'clan' / organization exists, i was thinking about somehow getting in touch with some set of clan/organization leaders and having them post a 'clan history,' and then people could cast an accuracy vote for the entry.  the hardest part about the whole system is getting in touch with people who can contribute, but the purpose of the system is to get in touch-- we have to start small and then expect it to spread.  those are just some ideas.  as for time contribution, i know i wouldn't be able to do this alone, but i figure keeping it in mind is what counts for when people can sort out when to make this.  it's a pretty complex project.
October 25, 2006, 5:07 AM

Search