Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | .NET Platform | [SOLVED] Locked Bot Option

AuthorMessageTime
Zer0
In the past i have had a lil trouble with my friends that play SC when they come over they take the honor of adding themselves through the bot itself to add themselves as master or w/e it is on that perticuliar bot, i have added a lock feature to my bot. I was wondering of anyone could think of a "secure" way that i could make it so the bot i still locked even if it is closed and re-opened. Currently i am just storing the password used to lock it (set when u lock the bot) in a unvisable text box. Any ideas, i thought of registery but some of my friends r smart enough to look there if they really wanted to get to it, cant store it in a file in the bots dir (obviously)....

-edit: jus realized this is posibley the wroung place for this
October 13, 2006, 7:51 AM
Myndfyr
You could do a couple other things, like set things in the registry such as "BotPrivateKey" = Convert.ToBase64String(Encoding.Unicode.GetBytes(password)).  Then they'll just see the random Base64 string and it will look more like an encryption key than a password.
October 13, 2006, 8:35 AM
Zer0
ok now this is confusing the crap outa me, i use
[code]
Return Key.GetValue(ValueName).ToString
[/code]
and it finds the right key n everything thats not the problem but it doesnt return the value of whats inside it returns
[code]
True
[/code]
any ideas?

--edit spent some time messing with diff reg functuins and got it working
October 13, 2006, 5:59 PM

Search