Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Everyone must now proceed to fear:

AuthorMessageTime
Yoni
http://yoni.valhallalegends.com

I'll probably put a bunch of stuff in the projects page later.
June 9, 2003, 4:50 AM
Raven
Teh white beckgraund 0wnz0rZ us all.
June 9, 2003, 6:23 AM
Invert
It's a little better than my site http://www.surkis.com
June 9, 2003, 8:58 AM
Raven
You should remove the forum members listing until you get some more.....uhh.....forum members.
June 9, 2003, 1:51 PM
Yoni
-1 to Invert for shamelessly advertising his site in the thread that advertises my site.
June 9, 2003, 2:05 PM
Invert
Raven, you should do that on your site... oh nm. I forgot that you dont even know HTML.

-1 to Reven & Yoni just for fun.
June 10, 2003, 4:14 AM
Raven
Raven knows HTML. Fortunately, Raven also knows Flash, so he can make cool sites, unlike Invert.

-1 to Invert for -1 Raven and Yoni. +1 to Yoni for -1ing Invert. :)
June 10, 2003, 4:52 AM
iago
[quote author=Invert link=board=2;threadid=1586;start=0#msg11969 date=1055218454]
-1 to Reven & Yoni just for fun.
[/quote]

+1 to Reven, just to balance him out
June 10, 2003, 7:26 AM
Naem
+1 to Naem, because.. ah, crap.
June 10, 2003, 8:44 AM
Invert
-1 to iago for being canadian.

I am reserving a -3 for Raven because he has so many cool sites and for implying that flash sites are cool also for thinking that he knows HTML when he uses dreamweaver.
June 10, 2003, 10:31 AM
Raven
Unfortunately it is invert who uses Dreamweaver, as it is so obvious he does in his source. -1 to invert for lying about writing his own HTML.

(Raven prefers FrontPage :) )
June 10, 2003, 3:01 PM
Grok
What I don't like about his HTML is how he uses an inline style on every element rather than named styles in a style block, or a css document.

Is is really necessary to repeat this for every table cell?

<td style="border-style: none; padding: 3px; width: 100%; height: auto; background-color: #F8F7EF; vertical-align: middle; text-align: left" class="text">

change that to:

<td class="mytd1">

and define mytd1 in style or css. Much easier to read.
June 10, 2003, 5:55 PM
Raven
Simple, because that's the way Dreamweaver generates. I guess invert prefers only deleting the "generator" meta name. The annoying part is that invert isn't a lamer, but he sometimes chooses to act like one for no apparent reason. :D
June 10, 2003, 6:24 PM
Invert
It has to be inline because the site uses one shared skin file. All the style properties like the color, background-color etc... are variables that are set in the skin file.

Most of my site is generated dynamically. It loops to create the same tables with different content that is why you see repetition.

People need to stop taking out of their ass. Raven, you could not even come up with anything close to my site so stop talking. I have not seen any of your sites so far.
June 10, 2003, 8:33 PM
Raven
invert, that code was generated by DreamWeaver, so stop trying to cover yourself. As far as "my" sites go, I choose to waste the time I spend working on my computer actually enjoying myself, working with flash, and making GIF files that embed themselves into resources allocated for the browser and cause gradual slowdown of the browser while trying to display them. But that's a story for a different time. :)
June 10, 2003, 8:49 PM
Naem
Yoni's thread was hijacked.
How sad.

June 10, 2003, 9:27 PM
Grok
[quote author=Invert link=board=2;threadid=1586;start=0#msg12011 date=1055277237]
It has to be inline because the site uses one shared skin file. All the style properties like the color, background-color etc... are variables that are set in the skin file.[/quote]

I'll show you an optional way of doing it later that you might like.

The site looks crisp though, I like it's appearance. Sometime I'll get around to reading the content.

Grok
June 10, 2003, 10:02 PM

Search