Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | BNLS Problems (War3: FT)

AuthorMessageTime
djuhn
I wrote a simple application to check if a cdkey is in use or not for Warcraft 3: FT.
It was working fine for months on end, but a few weeks ago BNLS_VERSIONCHECK started returning a fail. It was working AFTER the last Warcraft patch I installed... Anyone else noticing this too? None of my code has changed and I can't for the life of me figure it out.
I will post any required info you guys may need to verify to help sort this out for me -_-
September 23, 2006, 11:59 AM
RealityRipple
Most likely, your MPQ Number is wrong. [quote](DWORD) Version DLL digit in the range 0-7. (For example, for IX86Ver1.mpq this is 1)[/quote]
BNet has changed how those are named. the naming convention is now ver-IX86-X.mpq (so the example would now be ver-IX86-1.mpq). Change how it extracts the number and everything should be fine.
September 23, 2006, 12:02 PM
MyStiCaL
Read full Post here.
September 23, 2006, 12:07 PM
djuhn
That's the one... the filename...
but I just made it get the character 2 bytes after the previous location (verified that it's getting the correct value) and it's still returning a fail?
Anything else while I wade through 11 pages?
September 23, 2006, 12:26 PM
djuhn
sorted it all out

hardcoding locations may be quick the first time you write the code but its a bitch to fix later.
(didn't take into account the fact that ver-IX86-X.mpq is 2 bytes longer, hence the crap that comes after that string should be called 2 bytes down the track as well)

thanks everyone!
September 23, 2006, 12:55 PM

Search