Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Visual Basic Programming | Re: API to get local IP?

AuthorMessageTime
GSX
Errr, I need to know it and how to implement it.

I'm pretty rusty at Visual Basic, which is why I came here to ask, seeing as I haven't programmed for about 18 months.

Sorry that this is such a rediculous question, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
September 22, 2006, 12:01 AM
RealityRipple
two ways i know of:
1) Put a Microsoft Winsock control on your form and use Winsock1.LocalIP. Note that this will return the first IP found (usually the LAN IP if you have an NIC card installed), so it's not always accurate.

2) Use Microsoft Internet Transfer Control to read a PHP page that displays your IP. Something like this: Inet1.OpenURL("http://rcb.realityripple.com/ip.php"). This will get your IP as viewed from the outside world, so if you're behind a router, it'll display the router's IP. Note that the above URL does work, but I don't promise it always will work. You may want to use another site and parse the IP from the HTML code returned.
September 22, 2006, 12:31 AM
GSX
Thanks much.
September 22, 2006, 12:35 AM
l2k-Shadow
But if you don't want to use controls, here is the API way:

[code]

' GetLocalIP() by l2k-Shadow

Option Base 0
Option Explicit
Option Compare Binary

Private Declare Sub CopyMemorylng Lib "kernel32" Alias "RtlMoveMemory" (ByRef Destination As Any, ByVal Source As Long, ByVal numbytes As Long)
Private Declare Function WSAStartup Lib "ws2_32" (ByVal wVR As Long, lpWSAD As WSADataType) As Long
Private Declare Function WSACleanup Lib "ws2_32" () As Long
Private Declare Function gethostname Lib "ws2_32" (ByVal shost As String, ByVal hostlen As Long) As Long
Private Declare Function gethostbyname Lib "ws2_32" (ByVal host_name As String) As Long

Private Type WSADataType
    wVersion As Integer
    wHighVersion As Integer
    szDescription As String * 256
    szSystemStatus As String * 128
    iMaxSockets As Integer
    iMaxUdpDg As Integer
    lpVendorInfo As Long
End Type
Private Type HostEnt
    h_name As Long
    h_aliases As Long
    h_addrtype As Integer
    h_length As Integer
    h_addr_list As Long
End Type

Public Function GetLocalIP() As String
Dim WSA As WSADataType, HostName As String, lHost As Long, hEnt As HostEnt, lIP As Long, sIP(3) As Byte, i As Integer

If WSAStartup(&H101, WSA) = -1 Then
        Call MsgBox("WSAStartup() Error")
        Call WSACleanup
        Exit Function
    End If

HostName = String$(256, vbNullChar)

If gethostname(HostName, 256) = -1 Then
        Call MsgBox("gethostname() Error")
        Call WSACleanup
        Exit Function
    End If

HostName = Trim$(HostName)

lHost = gethostbyname(HostName)
    If lHost = 0 Then
        Call MsgBox("gethostbyname() Error")
        Call WSACleanup
        Exit Function
    End If

Call WSACleanup

Call CopyMemorylng(hEnt, lHost, Len(hEnt))
    Call CopyMemorylng(lIP, hEnt.h_addr_list, 4)
    Call CopyMemorylng(sIP(0), lIP, hEnt.h_length)
    For i = 0 To 3
        GetLocalIP = GetLocalIP & sIP(i) & "."
    Next i

GetLocalIP = Left$(GetLocalIP, Len(GetLocalIP) - 1)
End Function
[/code]
September 22, 2006, 12:44 AM
GSX
Sweet, just what I was looking for. Thanks l2-Shadow and RealityRipple for all the help.
September 22, 2006, 12:54 AM
ImaWh0re
I would go with the website/php method. You can grab the REAL ip with about 6 lines of code and no controls.
September 22, 2006, 5:19 AM
l2k-Shadow
[quote author=ImaWh0re link=topic=15762.msg158639#msg158639 date=1158902359]
I would go with the website/php method. You can grab the REAL ip with about 6 lines of code and no controls.
[/quote]

He's asking for local IP, in case you didn't notice, and FYI that code has to use the Inet or Winsock control.
September 22, 2006, 5:26 AM
RealityRipple
therein lies the problem. I have a modem and a network card. My IP for my local network is 1.1.1.100. My IP for my modem, and thus for all internet-based things, is 67.150.12.193 (for now, since it's dynamic). The Website method will get the one used for internet-based things, and the winsock one will get the first one it finds.
September 22, 2006, 5:32 AM
ImaWh0re
If he needs to get a local IP than more than likely his form will contain a winsock/inet control. Why would you need a local IP so badly if you wern't accessing the net? Yeah I'm sure there are some cases but still....

[code]
Inet1.OpenUrl("http://whatismyip.org")
'If using inet
[/code]

or..

[code]
Private Sub Form_Load()

ws1.Connect "www.whatismyip.org", 80

End Sub

Private Sub ws1_Connect()

Dim sSend As String
  sSend = "GET / HTTP/1.1" & vbCrLf
  sSend = sSend & "Host: www.whatismyip.org" & vbCrLf
  sSend = sSend & "User-Agent: FF>IE" & vbCrLf & vbCrLf

ws1.SendData sSend

End Sub

Private Sub ws1_DataArrival(ByVal bytesTotal As Long)

Dim sData As String
  ws1.GetData sData

If InStrB(1, sData, vbCrLf & vbCrLf) Then MsgBox "My REAL IP is: " & Mid$(sData, InStr(1, sData, vbCrLf & vbCrLf) + 4)

End Sub
[/code]

--edited for code tags--

(Would of replied quicker but whatismyip.org limits connections in x time when I was packetlogging)

PS: l2k-shadow, don't put "' GetLocalIP() by l2k-Shadow" when infact it is coding from api-guide with renamed variables. K Thanks!
September 22, 2006, 5:55 AM
RealityRipple
Nice UserAgent there... :)
September 22, 2006, 6:15 AM
Topaz
[shameless plug]

[code]"""Python"""

import socket

def get_local_addr():
    hostname = socket.gethostname()
    return socket.gethostbyname(hostname)
[/code]

Edit:

For multiple network interfaces...

[code]

def get_local_addrs()
    hostname = socket.gethostname()
    return socket.gethostbyname_ex(hostname)[2][/code]

Ten times less code.
September 22, 2006, 6:45 AM
FrOzeN
[quote author=Topaz link=topic=15762.msg158651#msg158651 date=1158907508]
Ten times less code.
[/quote]
Yeah, too bad it's the Visual Basic forum.
September 22, 2006, 7:05 AM
Topaz
[quote author=FrOzeN link=topic=15762.msg158655#msg158655 date=1158908716]
[quote author=Topaz link=topic=15762.msg158651#msg158651 date=1158907508]
Ten times less code.
[/quote]
Yeah, too bad it's the Visual Basic forum.
[/quote]

Why, are you jealous?

I would be.
September 22, 2006, 7:09 AM
ImaWh0re
Off topic. Thread has been answered :)
PS: GSX -- For tons of useful api and example code API-Guide is a MUST among vb coders. Just don't take snippets like some people above and slap your name all over it.
Official Site: http://www.allapi.net/agnet/apiguide.shtml
September 22, 2006, 5:15 PM
l2k-Shadow
[quote author=ImaWh0re link=topic=15762.msg158682#msg158682 date=1158945357]
Off topic. Thread has been answered :)
PS: GSX -- For tons of useful api and example code API-Guide is a MUST among vb coders. Just don't take snippets like some people above and slap your name all over it.
Official Site: http://www.allapi.net/agnet/apiguide.shtml
[/quote]

Fleet-/Fleet-'s dick sucker, you are an idiot. This code is from my winsock module from over a year ago, the declerations are taken from public documentation on msdn//pscode. How can you even say a sub that calls 5 APIs is ripped is beyond me, but then again you would be lucky if your brain was half the size of my right nut, so it's understandable.
September 23, 2006, 5:19 AM
rabbit
Bad Shadow!  You stole Winsock2 library call definitions and properly tabbed and rather efficient code from a public source code site/Fleet-!  How could you?
September 23, 2006, 1:26 PM
ImaWh0re
[quote author=rabbit link=topic=15762.msg158793#msg158793 date=1159017997]
Bad Shadow!  You stole Winsock2 library call definitions and properly tabbed and rather efficient code from a public source code site/Fleet-!  How could you?
[/quote]

It's the exact coding down to the mark. I don't think you should throw your name all over something if all you did was copy and paste. Which he just implied he did. C&P must be the new way to code today then I guess everyone must be 1-3-3-7.

PS: GJ on counting those, 5 api calls, as you would say l2k-shadow. Maybe all you need now is a calender, American 3 years must work differently from czech 3 yrs.
September 23, 2006, 7:04 PM
rabbit
I'm going to assume that you're talking about schooling, in which case the "American 3 years" is wrong.  We go by 4 year blocks.
September 23, 2006, 7:45 PM
ImaWh0re
[quote author=rabbit link=topic=15762.msg158811#msg158811 date=1159040747]
I'm going to assume that you're talking about schooling, in which case the "American 3 years" is wrong.  We go by 4 year blocks.
[/quote]

No I was referring to the comment he said where he has been programming for 3 years. Which is very untrue. Why say such a stupid comment I really have no Idea. Unless he has been doing work aside from battlenet before, but from his work I'm going to say no.
September 23, 2006, 9:25 PM
l2k-Shadow
[quote author=ImaWh0re link=topic=15762.msg158822#msg158822 date=1159046726]
[/quote]

No I was referring to the comment he said where he has been programming for 3 years. Which is very untrue. Why say such a stupid comment I really have no Idea. Unless he has been doing work aside from battlenet before, but from his work I'm going to say no.
[/quote]

lol? Do you know me? I was under the impression I alone knew how long I have been programming, not someone who lives thousands of kilometers away. <sarcasm>I mean seeing your work is just clearly obvious you don't rip code</sarcasm>

[code]
lngLen = Val#("&H" & StrToHex(StrReverse$(Mid$(strBuffer(Index), 3, 2))))
[/code]
Is a very efficient way how to grab a WORD.
[code]
ServerToken = Val#("&h" & StrToHex(StrReverse$(Mid$(Data, 9, 4))))
[/code]
Is a very efficient way on how to grab a DWORD.

Oh and i'm sure you actually made that yourself, not taken from public source codes. Hypocrite. And you accuse me of ripping for using 5 API calls from winsock2 library. You need to learn how to code bud.

Mod lock this topic please.
September 23, 2006, 9:41 PM
rabbit
Those grabs are from Feanor's TCPConnection class (big surprise, right?).
September 23, 2006, 9:48 PM
l2k-Shadow
[quote author=rabbit link=topic=15762.msg158826#msg158826 date=1159048127]
[/quote]

:o :o omg really? I would have never imagined such a thing...
September 23, 2006, 9:52 PM
ImaWh0re
[quote author=rabbit link=topic=15762.msg158826#msg158826 date=1159048127]
[/quote]

I have no idea, it isn't mine though. I just grabbed it from an open source project as an example.
Not to mention you don't see, "' by Imawh0re" anywhere on it do you?

[quote author=l2k-Shadow link=topic=15762.msg158825#msg158825 date=1159047700]
[quote author=ImaWh0re link=topic=15762.msg158822#msg158822 date=1159046726]
[/quote]

[/quote]

lol? Do you know me? I was under the impression I alone knew how long I have been programming, not someone who lives thousands of kilometers away. <sarcasm>I mean seeing your work is just clearly obvious you don't rip code</sarcasm>

[code]
lngLen = Val#("&H" & StrToHex(StrReverse$(Mid$(strBuffer(Index), 3, 2))))
[/code]
Is a very efficient way how to grab a WORD.
[code]
ServerToken = Val#("&h" & StrToHex(StrReverse$(Mid$(Data, 9, 4))))
[/code]
Is a very efficient way on how to grab a DWORD.

Oh and i'm sure you actually made that yourself, not taken from public source codes. Hypocrite. And you accuse me of ripping for using 5 API calls from winsock2 library. You need to learn how to code bud.

Mod lock this topic please.
[/quote]

Are you done gloating because you think you have accomplished something when you havn't, as stated above. And I know to do my research before accusing a person of something. How about that key tester of yours l2k-shadow, that is if I do recall, a duplicate of an open source keytester.
September 24, 2006, 12:00 AM
l2k-Shadow
No but I do see "Element Chat v2.0  ̃  By Fleet-" on it.

Key tester of mine? Open source duplicate? And you get that information from *looks around* where?
September 24, 2006, 12:06 AM
ImaWh0re
[quote author=l2k-Shadow link=topic=15762.msg158836#msg158836 date=1159056368]
No but I do see "Element Chat v2.0  ̃  By Fleet-" on it.

Key tester of mine? Open source duplicate? And you get that information from *looks around* where?
[/quote]

Take it up with fleet- then, I have looked through the source and it seems very original. I have also looked through many other sources of his which appear original as well. The only thing I noticed was that the connection seemed similar. But then again there are only so many ways you can connect to battle.net. So even if you do write every single last bit of code yourself it will look very similar.

http://www.fapiko.com/raiden/leaked/
Your 'key tester'. Let me guess, your first year of coding that no one knows about was ripping sources?
September 24, 2006, 12:09 AM
FrOzeN
[quote author=ImaWh0re link=topic=15762.msg158837#msg158837 date=1159056592]
http://www.fapiko.com/raiden/leaked/
Your 'key tester'. Let me guess, your first year of coding that no one knows about was ripping sources?
[/quote]
Well the link you provided didn't have the source to l2k-Shadow's key tester, so I can't compare. But I did notice that ALL the bots in the folder there used BnetAuth.dll/Hash.dll (except l2uthlessChat.zip but it didn't have the source with it), thus they're vastly outdated. So it is pretty probably that he was on his first year of coding.

Also, how about posting a link to l2k-Shadow's source, then another link to one which you're suggesting he ripped? It's easier to compare that way.
September 24, 2006, 2:38 AM
l2k-Shadow
ok? that program is 2 years old, thus I was a beginner coder back then, it was one of my first battle.net projects, and I still don't see how you posting a 2 year old program of mine is suggesting that i rip sources.
September 24, 2006, 3:21 AM
TheMinistered
Well, I particularly don't see a problem with copy/paste as long as you know whats going on with the code (i.e. you've written similar code before but too lazy to recreate).  In a scenario you've handled before, I see no problem copying code so long as you understand the code.

As for copying an entire project, etc... thats a big no no I agree.  But certain functions or snippets it MIGHT be ok under some circumstances such as repetative winsock code such as this... I think we've all used the winsock api more times than we can count, who wants to rewrite it YET ANOTHER TIME?
September 24, 2006, 3:23 AM
ImaWh0re
[quote author=l2k-Shadow link=topic=15762.msg158845#msg158845 date=1159068071]
ok? that program is 2 years old, thus I was a beginner coder back then, it was one of my first battle.net projects, and I still don't see how you posting a 2 year old program of mine is suggesting that i rip sources.
[/quote]

http://www.layeredweb.com/~raidenzx/sources/vb/MASS%20Key%20Tester.zip
the source you stole as a whole. woot for connections.

PS: I talked to fleet- about your element 2 comment and he said that he did get the hashing functions from other projects but did all the other packeting himself such as warcraft III clan invitations, friends list, and such.

Edit for Fr0zen. (Sorry didn't see your post until after).
But I did post the source he got it from. And if you've seen the ruthless`ops leaked source, it also appears very leeched. I believe this has been commented some where as well. And I don't have the key tester source, why would I.

---------------
To l2k-shadow:
  Why do you first deny even have MAKING a key tester, then once it pops up you have some other excuse? Are you telling me you can't keep track of the things you make? I find that very hard to believe. Something might slip your mind but not when it is blatently mentioned.

[quote author=TheMinistered link=topic=15762.msg158846#msg158846 date=1159068208]
Well, I particularly don't see a problem with copy/paste as long as you know whats going on with the code (i.e. you've written similar code before but too lazy to recreate).  In a scenario you've handled before, I see no problem copying code so long as you understand the code.

As for copying an entire project, etc... thats a big no no I agree.  But certain functions or snippets it MIGHT be ok under some circumstances such as repetative winsock code such as this... I think we've all used the winsock api more times than we can count, who wants to rewrite it YET ANOTHER TIME?
[/quote]

I never said he had to write his own. But he put his name on it as if he created it. "by l2k-shadow". If say that snippet was used in a large project I see no reason not to put your name on the project itself. But as he put it, is saying he coded it which he did not. I'm sure this isn't the first time he's taken snippets and slapped his name on it either. Just making a point, again.
September 24, 2006, 4:15 AM
MyStiCaL

does it really matter who rips, I've seen plenty of people rip countless times.
People rip from each other basicly daily including ideas, sources, what ever it maybe so what?

whats with all the bitching, defence, moanin and cryin about get over it.

September 24, 2006, 4:23 AM
ImaWh0re
[quote author=Mystical link=topic=15762.msg158848#msg158848 date=1159071794]

does it really matter who rips, I've seen plenty of people rip countless times.
People rip from each other basicly daily including ideas, sources, what ever it maybe so what?

whats with all the bitching, defence, moanin and cryin about get over it.

[/quote]

I just think anyone that thinks of himself as such a big person and talks so much shit, and he does, deserves to have the truth dropped down on them. He may not talk shit here, well he already has from what I've seen, but you get the idea. I've been following the whole propaganda thing between fleet- and l2k-shadow and it all seems to start with l2k-shadow. I'm not just here to make him look bad though I try to help where I can.

September 24, 2006, 4:36 AM
l2k-Shadow
I wasn't denying making a key tester, I was asking where you get your information that it is a "source duplicate" as you put it.

And it's not like you don't talk shit fleet-, why are you covering up as being someone else in the first place?

I didn't steal the source, as you put it, I based my work off of the source. I believe that is a good way on how to learn to code. There are functions in my source that aren't in the old source, and certainly the code has been cleaned up and reformatted. Again you are throwing something in my face that was written 2 years ago, and never meant to be released publicly, because unlike you, I don't release programs which aren't completely written by me. So what's your point? The function, I did write, I am sorry you have no clue how to work with winsock.
September 24, 2006, 4:47 AM
Topaz
You're annoying. Go on bnet and do it there, or PM.
September 24, 2006, 4:52 AM
Spilled[DW]
[quote author=Topaz link=topic=15762.msg158851#msg158851 date=1159073568]
You're annoying. Go on bnet and do it there, or PM.
[/quote]

How is he annoying? Your on a forum, dont click the topic!
September 24, 2006, 4:54 AM
l2k-Shadow
This kid needs to stop flaming me, and once he does, I won't be bothered to retaliate.
September 24, 2006, 4:55 AM
MyStiCaL

Still why do these problems have to come here, l2k-Shadow & Fleet-s bot have nothing to do with these forums as no one even cares, most people here probley don't use eaither of them.

These arnt the forums where everyone really cares what you use or where you got it, Basicly the most supported bot here is SphtBotv3 Since Spht is part of the vL clan, also while keepin his bot topics limited to his personal fourm amoung these forums, Stealth uses his own forums for his own bot discussions, as shadow im sure does along with Fleet-. why is this crap coming to Visual Basic Programming? a forum topic discussion about helping others with there vb6 needs with a hint of critizing from older members. =)
September 24, 2006, 4:56 AM
l2k-Shadow
[quote author=Mystical link=topic=15762.msg158854#msg158854 date=1159073793]

Still why do these problems have to come here, l2k-Shadow & Fleet-s bot have nothing to do with these forums as no one even cares, most people here probley don't use eaither of them.
These arnt the forums where everyone really cares what you use or where you got it, Basicly the most supported bot here is SphtBotv3 Since Spht is part of the vL clan, also while keepin his bot topics limited to his personal fourm amoung these forums, Stealth uses his own forums for his own bot discussions, as shadow im sure does along with Fleet-. why is this crap coming to Visual Basic Programming? a forum topic discussion about helping others with there vb6 needs with a hint of critizing from older members. =)
[/quote]

Thank you, well said. This kid comes on this forum and starts flaming me for no reason whatsoever. He needs to shut up.
September 24, 2006, 4:58 AM
ImaWh0re
"Key tester of mine? Open source duplicate?"
These are two different statements, as any person would take it.. "Key tester of mine?" is saying "What key tester of mine" in different wording. And the same applies to the other question. This is not a case of poor punctuation it is a case of your ignorance because you thought no one even KNEW about it. So what you are trying to say, is a very bad execuse. And for someone that types in such perfect grammar such as yourself would know this.

"because unlike you, I don't release programs which aren't completely written by me."
You must have me mistaken, because I don't release any programs public.

And yes looking at sources can be a good way to learn but is inefficient. However stealing them is not. Making a few modifications to a program does NOT make it yours. And I quote you, "I have never ripped a program". That being said, you just made a liar out of yourself.

Just incase, let me define this for you: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/never

Also just because you don't know how to use a razor, doesn't give you the right to call others "kid". Not to mention...arn't you like, 14...15?

Now to end all things to come.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
We learned you have infact lied recently, and in the past.
We learned you have infact stolen code recently, and also in the past.
We learned that you try to manipulate situations by play on words and false acusations of others, and completely avoiding the subject in general.
We learned that you talk out of your ass, when you don't even know what you are doing yourself.
-----------------------------
That being said, if anyone would like me to provide proof and or has doubt to what I have said above feel free to PM me and I will supply you with links, screenshots, and all that is nessicary.

I've decided to put my foot in this 'competition' of you vs fleet-. Obviously fleet- HAS taken many snippets from the past and he has admitted to it. But he does not lie and spread false information like you. Let me guess, this makes me "Fleet-'s dick sucker" for proving you are one big pile of shit? K Thanks.

I can make a promise to everyone on this forum to never flame l2k-shadow again being that this has been said and done. If he wants to reply, which he probably will, I will still cease to persue it. That being said, just because I won't reply to any more of l2k-shadow's crap, does not mean I don't have something to say. If anyone wants opinions you can PM me.
September 24, 2006, 5:55 AM
MyStiCaL

Hey! look at what i can do! I just ripped off the alphabet some letters to use in my sentence.

I am ub0r alphabet Leecher!

September 24, 2006, 8:57 AM
HeRo
[quote author=ImaWh0re link=topic=15762.msg158856#msg158856 date=1159077305]
"Key tester of mine? Open source duplicate?"
These are two different statements, as any person would take it.. "Key tester of mine?" is saying "What key tester of mine" in different wording. And the same applies to the other question. This is not a case of poor punctuation it is a case of your ignorance because you thought no one even KNEW about it. So what you are trying to say, is a very bad execuse. And for someone that types in such perfect grammar such as yourself would know this.

"because unlike you, I don't release programs which aren't completely written by me."
You must have me mistaken, because I don't release any programs public.

And yes looking at sources can be a good way to learn but is inefficient. However stealing them is not. Making a few modifications to a program does NOT make it yours. And I quote you, "I have never ripped a program". That being said, you just made a liar out of yourself.

Just incase, let me define this for you: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/never

Also just because you don't know how to use a razor, doesn't give you the right to call others "kid". Not to mention...arn't you like, 14...15?

Now to end all things to come.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
We learned you have infact lied recently, and in the past.
We learned you have infact stolen code recently, and also in the past.
We learned that you try to manipulate situations by play on words and false acusations of others, and completely avoiding the subject in general.
We learned that you talk out of your ass, when you don't even know what you are doing yourself.
-----------------------------
That being said, if anyone would like me to provide proof and or has doubt to what I have said above feel free to PM me and I will supply you with links, screenshots, and all that is nessicary.

I've decided to put my foot in this 'competition' of you vs fleet-. Obviously fleet- HAS taken many snippets from the past and he has admitted to it. But he does not lie and spread false information like you. Let me guess, this makes me "Fleet-'s dick sucker" for proving you are one big pile of shit? K Thanks.

I can make a promise to everyone on this forum to never flame l2k-shadow again being that this has been said and done. If he wants to reply, which he probably will, I will still cease to persue it. That being said, just because I won't reply to any more of l2k-shadow's crap, does not mean I don't have something to say. If anyone wants opinions you can PM me.

[/quote]
Shut up and die already.
September 24, 2006, 9:23 AM
rabbit
Didn't Fleet- quit Battle.Net?  Anyway, I'm with Shadow, ImaWh0re: you're being a douchebag.  Shut up.
September 24, 2006, 12:19 PM
l2k-Shadow
I don't lie, I based my work off of a source in a project that was never meant to be used by public, it is not a "source duplicate". Therefore no, I have never "ripped" a program. I don't know how to use a razor? May I remind you that I am from central Europe, and probably have more hair on my balls than you do on your head.

Lied recently? Where? I put together 5 APIs in a sub.
Stolen code? I based my work off a source in a private project when learning how to program, something you or fleet- have NEVER done, oh wait, i already proved that false. And in a public project at that.
Manipulate situtations? I believe you are the one talking out of your ass now.

You come on this forum and start flaming me. Why? Out of jealousy? There is no "competition" between me and Fleet-, Fleet- frames me constantly and I have at least 12 topics on his site revolving around me and almost every other one has some reference to me or my programs. I post on this forum because it is a great and helpful community, if it wasn't, I would not be posting. What have you done to help? Shit. You just come on here trying to make me look bad like every other cock sucker of fleet-'s has done for the past two years. And guess what? I'm still around, so your attempts are pointless. Get a life dipshit.

I will not respond to anymore of your flame posts.
September 24, 2006, 1:57 PM
Quarantine
Leeching code is fine.
Leeching code and CLAIMING you wrote it or worse getting PROFIT out of it is wrong.

Fellas, if you want to release code that no one else can touch withought being subjected to the idiotic standards of open source then release it under GPL.

As for bagging on others code: Until you are a programming genius (TheMinistered and some others excluded) I wouldn't act big. It wasn't too long ago that you were newbs too.
September 24, 2006, 5:37 PM
ImaWh0re
[quote author=rabbit link=topic=15762.msg158873#msg158873 date=1159100376]
Didn't Fleet- quit Battle.Net?  Anyway, I'm with Shadow, ImaWh0re: you're being a douchebag.  Shut up.
[/quote]

He isn't active any more, it's hard to get a hold of him. But he still idles in cell on east.
And why am I a doucheag? Maybe you should do your research as well.  I havn't said anything untrue.

Like I said if you want to actually make a point or try to make a point you can PM me. I'm sure you don't understand the whole situation, which exceeds beyond these forums. You have to understand another persons point of view as well.

oh, and rabbit...

Get a life dipshit.

ROFL!
September 24, 2006, 6:36 PM
MyStiCaL
[quote author=Mystical link=topic=15762.msg158854#msg158854 date=1159073793]

[/quote]

Shouldn't that have been enough!?
September 24, 2006, 7:08 PM
HeRo
[quote author=rabbit link=topic=15762.msg158873#msg158873 date=1159100376]
Didn't Fleet- quit Battle.Net?
[/quote]
A few times.
September 24, 2006, 7:17 PM
Quarantine
I'm with l2k on this however, it's impossible for code which contains pure API calls to be ripped.

This is all pointless arguing.
September 24, 2006, 7:20 PM
Spilled[DW]
[quote author=Warrior link=topic=15762.msg158897#msg158897 date=1159125625]
I'm with l2k on this however, it's impossible for code which contains pure API calls to be ripped.

[/quote]

Don't worry this topic will be locked soon.
September 24, 2006, 10:15 PM
ImaWh0re

[/quote]

You are completely missing the point. Read the whole thread over and over until you get it. If you still don't get it feel free to PM me. Although I would think I wouldn't have to explain this to people.
September 25, 2006, 12:25 AM
FrOzeN
[quote author=ImaWh0re link=topic=15762.msg158932#msg158932 date=1159143944]

[/quote]

You are completely missing the point. Read the whole thread over and over until you get it. If you still don't get it feel free to PM me. Although I would think I wouldn't have to explain this to people.
[/quote]
No, your missing the point.

It's simple as, "[color=red]No one gives a fuck what you have to say anymore.[/color]"
September 25, 2006, 3:39 AM
ImaWh0re
[quote author=FrOzeN link=topic=15762.msg158943#msg158943 date=1159155571]

It's simple as, "[color=red]No one gives a fuck what you have to say anymore.[/color]"
[/quote]

Then why are you replying? For someone that doesn't care you seem to be showing a lot of interest if you ask me.
September 25, 2006, 8:10 AM
FrOzeN
[quote author=ImaWh0re link=topic=15762.msg158967#msg158967 date=1159171816]
[quote author=FrOzeN link=topic=15762.msg158943#msg158943 date=1159155571]

[/quote]

Then why are you replying? For someone that doesn't care you seem to be showing a lot of interest if you ask me.
[/quote]
No, replying doesn't mean I'm interested.

Originally, you started to make a point when questioning things. Then you started inconclusively stating things which where mainly incorrect. At that point, you started to sound like an arrogant idiot and everyone lost interest in what you were trying to say.
September 25, 2006, 8:20 AM
ImaWh0re
Did you miss the part where I said if you have doubt PM me about which parts, and I would provide proof. Or are you just an every day village idiot that rambles to have their two cents put in. I made it very clear I could backup everything I have said, if you chose not to take advantage of that, it's your choice. But you can do so through PMs, this thread is long enough as is. So stop talking shit for two moments and understand your surroundings. It's people like you that make such discussions turn into flame wars. I've been trying to avoid keeping this thread going by requesting through PMs. So you can just shut the fuck up and PM me if you have a problem, and that applies to everyone.
September 25, 2006, 9:03 AM
JoeTheOdd
ImaWh0re, I was going to consider your claims for half a second, but the way you come here and start ragging on our members in such an idiotic sense has lost you any chance of redemption in my books. I have more respect for Lord[nK] than you. Good job.
September 25, 2006, 12:14 PM
ImaWh0re
[quote author=Joe[x86] link=topic=15762.msg158982#msg158982 date=1159186444]
ImaWh0re, I was going to consider your claims for half a second, but the way you come here and start ragging on our members in such an idiotic sense has lost you any chance of redemption in my books. I have more respect for Lord[nK] than you. Good job.
[/quote]

You don't have to respect me for my claims to be true ;)
People don't like hearing the truth.

------------------
and it only seems like "an idiotic sense" because people trailed so far off from the original topic that it all got lost in translation. I can ensure you though that I am quite right about everything I have said.
September 25, 2006, 5:33 PM
Ringo
ImaWh0re, there is a forum for you here, Clicky
I feel the need to point out, this is not the Verbal Bashing forum, its the Visual Basic forum :p
September 25, 2006, 6:35 PM
ImaWh0re
[quote author=Ringo link=topic=15762.msg158991#msg158991 date=1159209349]
I feel the need to point out, this is not the Verbal Bashing forum, its the Visual Basic forum :p
[/quote]

right.

like that avatar you have.
September 25, 2006, 8:16 PM
Quarantine
Alright let's stop feeding the troll.
September 25, 2006, 8:19 PM
MysT_DooM
[quote author=ImaWh0re link=topic=15762.msg158997#msg158997 date=1159215411]
[/quote]

right.

[/quote]

dont mess with ringo!
September 26, 2006, 1:46 AM
RealityRipple
[quote author=MysT_DooM link=topic=15762.msg159008#msg159008 date=1159235178]
[quote author=ImaWh0re link=topic=15762.msg158997#msg158997 date=1159215411]
[/quote]

right.

[/quote]

dont mess with ringo!
[/quote]

Or his 1337 SCV of doom!
September 26, 2006, 1:57 AM
GSX
This went on for a while... Hahaha.

Seriously, I just came to see what people were doing in Visual Basic these days, and this topic was still up there.

Spooky.
October 6, 2006, 6:05 PM

Search