Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Warcraft III Clan Creation

AuthorMessageTime
RealityRipple
Hi, I'm having issues writing the code to create a clan. I have 10 bots, all on seperate keys, all war3. One bot sends the invite, which works. it gets the other 9's names and prompts to select which ones to invite. that works fine. I then invite them all. they all ask if they should accept, and i hit yes on all of them. then nothing.

My questions:
First, does every account have to be on a different IP? I'm only using one proxy (5 on my regular IP, 5 on the proxy)
Second, three of the keys I'm using apparently don't allow speaking. Is that a problem?

Any other userful info would be helpful.

PS: Is it just my connection, or is bnetdocs down?
September 18, 2006, 5:32 AM
Denial
It doesn't matter what ip's your on as long as 9 people + the creator are not already "clanned" which you should first find out as well. that is probably the error you are coming to and don't realize.
September 18, 2006, 5:34 AM
HeRo
I've made a clan with 8 on my ip and 2 on a proxy, it works everytime. The reason why it won't work is most likely because your keys are clanned. Clanned means that they have been used to create a clan in at least 7 days. After 7 days, it should work.

If you are wondering how to check if they are clanned, the only way I did it was using eternal chat, but I take it eternal chat won't work anymore.
September 18, 2006, 5:35 AM
RealityRipple
crap... I'm trying to get this release done quickly. Does anyone know how eternal detects the status of the keys?
September 18, 2006, 5:37 AM
HeRo
Log in and everything, go to clan manager then put in a random tag and click 'find canadates'. If it gives you an error 'unable to find canadates' then that means its clanned, if it says 'availible canadates', its good.

Oh, make shure there is at least 1 other war3 in the channel so it can find it (or not).

I just confused myself.
September 18, 2006, 5:39 AM
RealityRipple
Ok, thanks. I'll be back with results if i have problems.
September 18, 2006, 5:44 AM
RealityRipple
One "clanned" key is my guess. one of the keys responded with 0x02, which, i guess, means it's clanned?

Also, I got em all to respond correctly to ClanFindCandidates (changed the one cdkey), and still nothing.

I want to make sure I'm doing this right, so please correct me:
Leader-To-Be sends Find Candidates.
Bnet responds with candidate list (or error)
Leader-To-Be sends Multiple Invite
Invitees get message, send back &H6 for accept, &H5 for deny.
Leader gets response of success or fail

I get to the invitees getting the message and sending the response of &H6... and then nothing happens.
September 18, 2006, 5:59 AM
HeRo
So on each key you logged in, went to the clan manager and clicked 'find canadates'?
September 18, 2006, 6:14 AM
RealityRipple
I did it on my bot, but ya. One responded with &H2, which I assume was the value for "clanned" keys. The rest gave me a list of everyone in my channel. I changed that one, and it did the same as the rest of them. Keep in mind that this is all guesswork coded, and based on a cache view of bnetdocs.
September 18, 2006, 6:16 AM
RealityRipple
Ok, this may or may not be the problem, but IS the "Invitees get message, send back &H6 for accept, &H5 for deny." correct? The cached version of Clan Message Codes on bnetdocs says:
[quote]0x00: Success
0x01: In use
0x02: Too soon
0x03: Not enough members
0x04: Invitation was declined
0x05: Decline
0x06: Accept
0x07: Not authorized
0x08: User not found
0x09: Clan is full
0x0A: Bad tag
0x0B: Bad name[/quote]
But it doesn't seem to be working. Can anyone confirm or deny that &H6/0x06 is the correct response to SID_CLANCREATIONINVITATION? I know it's correct for SID_CLANINVITATIONRESPONSE, since I already tested it. (Except that BNetdocs says 0x04 is decline for SID_CLANINVITATIONRESPONSE, so i'm a bit confused there, too).
September 18, 2006, 6:55 AM
Myndfyr
Have you tried looking at a packet log?
September 18, 2006, 9:32 AM
RealityRipple
I don't have war3, so I can't log it. My only copy of the original game was an ISO (i have frozen throne on a legit cd a friend gave me), and it was lost when my hard drive got 4 kb of corrupted file space. stupid large files.
September 18, 2006, 9:45 AM
Roam
You can always just make the clan with Voided keys. Not sure if it still works or not, but I made Clan aKhQ a month ago with it, just load up all the names. And the names that are voided, /friend add  The Chieftan, and do the same on the chieftan, /friend add the voided names. Then when you invite it should pop up on all of them, and work. Worked for me, should work for you.
September 20, 2006, 5:42 AM
HeRo
[quote author=Roam link=topic=15732.msg158498#msg158498 date=1158730920]
You can always just make the clan with Voided keys. Not sure if it still works or not, but I made Clan aKhQ a month ago with it, just load up all the names. And the names that are voided, /friend add  The Chieftan, and do the same on the chieftan, /friend add the voided names. Then when you invite it should pop up on all of them, and work. Worked for me, should work for you.
[/quote]
Although this has nothing to do with his problem, I guess it could make good info for some people.
September 20, 2006, 5:57 AM
RealityRipple
Ya, I found out why it wasn't working... stupid typo of course. I put the Clan name where the user name goes, and vice versa, in the creation invitation response. Creation works fine now, but i have to wait a week to test everything else -.- . And I still don't know what the correct Decline values are.
September 20, 2006, 12:45 PM
Heco
[quote author=Roam link=topic=15732.msg158498#msg158498 date=1158730920]
[/quote]

Ya but where do u get voided keys?
September 21, 2006, 11:26 AM
Ersan
... how do these people find this forum?
September 21, 2006, 12:56 PM
HeRo
[quote author=Ersan link=topic=15732.msg158562#msg158562 date=1158843414]
... how do these people find this forum?
[/quote]
I am wondering that too, its about time to lock this topic.
September 21, 2006, 7:36 PM
RealityRipple
I agree.
September 21, 2006, 11:37 PM

Search