Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Wanting to write a JBLS Diablo II Spam Bot but..

AuthorMessageTime
SSKnight
In light of the recent events with Battle.net changing its protocol a bit, I'm wondering if this is a good time to start learning bot programming using JBLS.

I have read the entire post "Seems like BNET's at it again.." and found that apparently the way in which most bots are getting a mpq name is incorrect due to the changes. There are methods provided to fix this.

At any rate I'm wondering, if I follow this example code are the tutorials on this site still everything I need to build a clientless spambot for D2 or is there more? Thanks guys.
September 15, 2006, 2:25 AM
HdxBmx27
3 names, 3 posts, you WILL GET THE SAME ANSWER EACH TIME.
We WILL NOT give you souce to leech off of.
https://davnit.net/bnet/vL/index.php?topic=15705.0
https://davnit.net/bnet/vL/index.php?topic=15701.0

~-~(HDX)~-~
September 15, 2006, 2:27 AM
SSKnight
WHOA

I wasn't asking for any source code or to be spoon fed. 3 Names, 3 Posts? What? I was simply stating that I'm ready to seriously dive into bot development and was wondering if this new change that BNET has enacted is going to pose an insurmountable hurdle to this endeavor.

Please don't start freaking out on me here. I didn't ask for any source code.

Again, are the changes that BNET made only this mpq file name thing?
September 15, 2006, 2:30 AM
JoeTheOdd
You claim to have read the entire thread, and still ask what they changed? You're either lying or clearly imcompetent.

Also, coming here asking for help on a spam bot is going to get you ignored. You simply don't do it.
September 15, 2006, 2:34 AM
HdxBmx27
mm sorry, I assumbed you were the same person because you posted the same posts, jsut diffrently worded.

If you're useing JBLS/BNLS the changes Blizz made have no effect on you.
http://www.valhallalegends.com/yoni/BNLSProtocolSpec.txt
Will tell you everything you need to know on how to use BNLS, and JBLS is the same exact protocol EXCEPT, I added support for DRTL/DSHR/SSHR (Ids: 0x09, 0x0A, 0x0B respectivly)

If you have any experiance in woritng a bnet bot, BNLS will be easy to do.
If not I suggest you learn the basics of network communication in whatever languae you are going to use.
Also being fluent in Hex is a must, and knowing bit operations is a plus.
~-~(HDX)~-~
September 15, 2006, 2:36 AM
SSKnight
[quote author=HdxBmx27 link=topic=15706.msg158057#msg158057 date=1158287772]
mm sorry, I assumbed you were the same person because you posted the same posts, jsut diffrently worded.

If you're useing JBLS/BNLS the changes Blizz made have no effect on you.
http://www.valhallalegends.com/yoni/BNLSProtocolSpec.txt
Will tell you everything you need to know on how to use BNLS, and JBLS is the same exact protocol EXCEPT, I added support for DRTL/DSHR/SSHR (Ids: 0x09, 0x0A, 0x0B respectivly)

If you have any experiance in woritng a bnet bot, BNLS will be easy to do.
If not I suggest you learn the basics of network communication in whatever languae you are going to use.
Also being fluent in Hex is a must, and knowing bit operations is a plus.
~-~(HDX)~-~
[/quote]

Well here is where I stand.

I'm pretty fluent in C++, decent in Java, have some experience with Winsock programming but am very fluent in network theory. I have some ASM experience which neccessitates knowledge of Hex and Binary number systems.

This will be the first game bot I have developed. Your post answered my question. I just wanted to know that everything still worked as described in the tuts before I invested time into it.

[quote]
Posted on: Today at 09:34:39 PMPosted by: Joe[x86] 
Insert Quote
You claim to have read the entire thread, and still ask what they changed? You're either lying or clearly imcompetent.

Also, coming here asking for help on a spam bot is going to get you ignored. You simply don't do it.
[/quote]

And in response to you, moron:

I read the whole thread, deduced that what I described above was the main change and just wanted to ensure that there were no other changes. You might do well to encourage those who want to learn instead of flaming them.

Thanks, for the help HDX.
September 15, 2006, 2:40 AM

Search