Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Visual Basic Programming | [VB.NET] Datagridview add new row

AuthorMessageTime
peoman
Newbie problem

I'm trying to create a new row to a datagridview.
I want to get the values of the cells from textboxes.
Everything i have tried, i always get this message:
"Rows cannot be programmatically added to the DataGridView's rows collection when the control is data-bound."

Any help???

I also want to be able search in the datagrid.
How can i "select a row" when the index of a cell is equal or contains letters from a textbox????

(I hope you can understand my english)
September 11, 2006, 12:59 PM
rabbit
...There's a .Net forum.
September 11, 2006, 1:27 PM
peoman
[quote author=rabbit link=topic=15666.msg157768#msg157768 date=1157981264]
...There's a .Net forum.
[/quote]

[quote]Rules:

1) No flaming and/or blatant stupidity.
2) If you post anything that is related to another language in this forum, I am going to recommend that you be banned.  See the Visual Basic?  That means Visual Basic only.
3) If you post anything that is VB or VB .NET specific, prepend your topic's subject with [VB], [VB .NET] respectively.
4) If you call it Visual Basics or abbreviate it as "vB", I will have you killed.[/quote]
September 11, 2006, 2:34 PM
rabbit
Yeah, quote me the rules, because I haven't been here for many years nor do I have an intimite knowledge of how these forums ACTUALLY work nor do I know any of the people here.  Yeah.  Thanks.  I really needed to see the rules.  Also, the .Net forum wasn't created after the rules of this forum were posted, or anything like that.
September 11, 2006, 3:42 PM
peoman
Sorry. I didn't mean to offend you. :-\
I only wanted you to see that I have read the rules and i have created the topic inside the correct forum.
If the rules are wrong, tell the administrator to correct them. It's not my fault.
Anyway I am going to create a new topic in .NET forum.
If the administrator wants to delete this topic, be my guest.
September 11, 2006, 6:29 PM
rabbit
The admins exploded several years ago.
September 11, 2006, 6:32 PM

Search