Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Computer Support Issues | Popup of missing files.

AuthorMessageTime
dRAgoN
Keep in mind this is a fresh install of Windows 2000.

I am getting a popup of the folowing.

Title: aim.exe - no disk
Message: There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive A:.

This is not the only popup I've had got a cupple others from befor I even installed anything, and the 'message' of the popup hasen't changed.

From what I have seen around the net its people are saying its from malware etc, and recomending to run hijackthis etc. well ran that and it cant find any problems, I doubt it's a malware problem anyhow seeing as it started right after I installed Windows 2000.

What you guys think bad install or what heh.
September 10, 2006, 9:58 AM
Kp
Where'd you get your Windows 2000 ISO?  What service pack is it?  Did you install it on a shielded network so that it cannot accept incoming connections from the Internet?
September 10, 2006, 6:01 PM
Stealth
If you hook up ProcessExplorer and browse through the processes -- anything look odd or purple-highlighted? If you turn on Show Lower Pane in the View menu of ProcessExplorer, then set the view mode to "DLLs" by pressing CTRL+D, then click on Explorer.exe, is anything in the DLL list highlighted purple?
September 10, 2006, 7:05 PM
dRAgoN
[quote author=Kp link=topic=15661.msg157742#msg157742 date=1157911313]
Where'd you get your Windows 2000 ISO?  What service pack is it?  Did you install it on a shielded network so that it cannot accept incoming connections from the Internet?
[/quote]
The store quite some time ago lol, It was happening befor I started upgradeing it's on SP4 now and still happens so i donno, it was installed localy here and didnt have any net capabilitys untill I installed my lancard drivers.
September 10, 2006, 8:35 PM
dRAgoN
[quote author=Stealth link=topic=15661.msg157747#msg157747 date=1157915108]
If you hook up ProcessExplorer and browse through the processes -- anything look odd or purple-highlighted? If you turn on Show Lower Pane in the View menu of ProcessExplorer, then set the view mode to "DLLs" by pressing CTRL+D, then click on Explorer.exe, is anything in the DLL list highlighted purple?
[/quote]
Nothing purple in the dll list.
September 10, 2006, 8:40 PM
dRAgoN
Apparently every thing that I had tryed say's theres nothing wrong with the computer, so I just reinstalled everything includeing win2000 all over, everything is working fine again.

Sum this up, with the time spent trying to find an answer it's faster that you just re-install windows again than searching. Takes an hour or so to reinstall where as you could be searching for an answer almost an entire day for some things.
September 11, 2006, 10:04 PM

Search