Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Computer Support Issues | BIOS not detecting video card?

AuthorMessageTime
JoeTheOdd
Yup. I recently bought a e-GeForce MX 4000 and plugged it in. It works great, but the BIOS doesn't detect it properly (it needs drivers or something) so the first thing I see when I turn my computer on is the Windows "please select who you are" screen. I hate making short posts with no information but.. here you go! Nothing much else to say. Anyone know how to fix this?
September 8, 2006, 2:49 AM
Topaz
Are you sure you plugged it in?
September 8, 2006, 3:34 AM
JoeTheOdd
GTFO.
September 8, 2006, 11:06 AM
Stealth
[quote author=Joe[x86] link=topic=15655.msg157657#msg157657 date=1157683741]
Yup. I recently bought a e-GeForce MX 4000 and plugged it in. It works great, but the BIOS doesn't detect it properly (it needs drivers or something) so the first thing I see when I turn my computer on is the Windows "please select who you are" screen. I hate making short posts with no information but.. here you go! Nothing much else to say. Anyone know how to fix this?
[/quote]
What was your prior method of graphics processing? Some motherboard built-in graphics chips don't coexist peacefully with graphics cards, so you could try disabling that in BIOS if you haven't already.

Otherwise, I'd suggest you try updating the BIOS.
September 10, 2006, 7:01 PM
JoeTheOdd
Both you and MyndFyre have suggested disabling the integrated chipset completely so on next reboot I guess I'll give that a shot.

Thanks!
September 11, 2006, 3:18 AM

Search