Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | MBNCSUtil updated to 1.3.1.7

AuthorMessageTime
Myndfyr
MBNCSUtil has been upgraded to 1.3.1.7 to reflect the changes in the Battle.net CheckRevision algorithm.  [color=red]This is a maintenance release and older versions will not be updated to reflect these changes, so programs depending on correct CheckRevision functioning will need to use the new version of MBNCSUtil.[/color]

The following changes were made:
[*] [color=red]IMPORTANT[/color] - Battle.net has changed the way the CheckRevision implementation functions. [color=red]Older versions contain the deprecated code and are unsupported - this is a maintenance release to support the new CheckRevision.[/color]  Also, builds targetting the .NET Framework 1.0 are not longer supported - upgrade to .NET 1.1 or 2.0. Please note that it is extremely likely that future versions of MBNCSUtil will not support the .NET Framework 1.1 either. The .NET 2.0 version of MBNCSUtil is following its own code branch due to the availability of strongly-typed resource files in .NET 2.0.
[*]Thank you Skywing for summarizing the CheckRevision changes so that I didn't need to dig through the DLL to get them. Also thanks to Hdx for providing packet logs when my logger was giving me crap.
[*]A few code cleaning tasks have been performed; also fixed a few resource related issues.
[*]Code links now point to .NET 2.0 files (included auto-generated strongly-typed resource classes).
August 23, 2006, 10:31 AM

Search