Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Ip bans

AuthorMessageTime
-Drew-
Haven't done bnet for a long while so i'm not sure if things have changed. The other day i was messing around with 0x51 and kept getting an invalid cdkey. after a few trys i was ip banned and figured it would lift after a short period of time. well that short period of time is 2 days and counting. has bnet changed its ipbanning? if so does anyone know the lengths?
also... after not being able to logon, i decided to throw together socks4 real quick into the bot and proxy my way to bnet. but no such luck... all of the pvpgn servers worked fine with proxies but not bnet, aftering sending the initial packets, nothing is returned. I even tried using sockscap but produced the same result.

any info would be great.

thanks..
August 21, 2006, 6:49 AM
Myndfyr
Battle.net IP-bans are believed to become progressively worse.  Your first IP ban might be for a few hours, then a day, then multiple days.  If you have been IP-banned before, then you're probably invoking the same behavior now.

As for the renegade proxy info - that could mean you're just fucking up.  Check your packet logs against real-client logs.
August 21, 2006, 6:58 AM
-Drew-
i guess i'll wait out the ban then.

everything checks out, to what i can see. i know that pvpgn arent credible sources to test on but lik i said everything gets sent correctly to those servers through a proxy. was just curious if bnet blocks ip's with open 1080 ports..
August 21, 2006, 7:11 AM
Jman
It's possible (though unlikely imo) that you have a perm IP ban.
Battle.net accepts ips with open 1080 ports so something else is going wrong.
August 21, 2006, 8:51 AM
rabbit
[quote author=-Drew- link=topic=15569.msg156972#msg156972 date=1156144299]
i guess i'll wait out the ban then.

everything checks out, to what i can see. i know that pvpgn arent credible sources to test on but lik i said everything gets sent correctly to those servers through a proxy. was just curious if bnet blocks ip's with open 1080 ports..
[/quote]You could always try using TestBNCS.
August 21, 2006, 1:46 PM
MysT_DooM
ipbans for invalid key checks are 2 days now
plus if you get ipbanned on 1 server all connections to that server also drop.
ex) Bot 1 , 2, 3 are connected to USEAST, Bot 4 comes along and gets ipbanned weather on a invalid key check or some other reason, bot 1 2 3 all drop also.

some people have said that if you get ipd on one server all ur other connections on other servers also drop. however ive tested this and it doesnt hold true.
August 21, 2006, 3:18 PM
MyStiCaL
[quote author=MysT_DooM link=topic=15569.msg156978#msg156978 date=1156173490]
ipbans for invalid key checks are 2 days now
plus if you get ipbanned on 1 server all connections to that server also drop.
ex) Bot 1 , 2, 3 are connected to USEAST, Bot 4 comes along and gets ipbanned weather on a invalid key check or some other reason, bot 1 2 3 all drop also.

some people have said that if you get ipd on one server all ur other connections on other servers also drop. however ive tested this and it doesnt hold true.
[/quote]

Wrong, I get IPbanned daily, my channel mod is still there to hold the channel.. IPbans also don't last that long, Invaild key, maybe 5 minutes, I could see maybe if you were being stupid and running a massive key tester with out proxys & invaild keys... then yea maybe a day, the longest experince i've had from an IPban would be from saying a website in a public channel, I got a week IPban BUT yet stilll didn't drop none of my other connections to battle.net :P
August 23, 2006, 12:40 AM
raylu
They implemented that a whlie ago and dropping of all connections is fairly recent.

I've been told that a Blizzard representative said that IPbans last from 30 seconds to 48 hours; I've also been told that this is not true, but meh.
August 23, 2006, 2:01 AM
MysT_DooM
ummm, ive tested this many times, and invalid key checks are 2days, b4 this new ipban it was 1 hour not 5 mins...

and getting ip'd also drops ur other connections on the same server, just tested that..

some1 else verify also so my statements hold more truth!

edit: mystical you might've beeen mistaken, we're talking about the NEW ip bans that bnet has put into affect, not the old ones

edit#2: due to bnet changing back & forth lately seems like delays are changing sporadicly at different times. some get 10 mins some get  2days. but as of right now and time of post it still holds true.
August 23, 2006, 3:30 AM
MyStiCaL
uh just ipbanned myself on east.. nothing got disconnected.... maybe bnet is holding a grudge against you sorry!
August 23, 2006, 7:01 AM
rabbit
Maybe particular IP bans drop?
August 23, 2006, 2:05 PM
-Drew-
here we go...

http://www.battle.net/forums/thread.aspx?fn=opensupport&t=431351&p=1&#post431351
August 24, 2006, 8:52 AM
MyStiCaL

not bad, but that forum discussion was just a battle.net user and not from an offical battle.net repesenitive. =\
August 24, 2006, 9:48 PM
Jman
It's possible to get IP ban's that last for over a week. I believe they also do perm IP bans.
August 24, 2006, 9:54 PM
MyStiCaL
I've had a week IPban, that would be saying a website in a public channel, but permantly IPban i doubt thats possible...
August 24, 2006, 10:00 PM
Jman
[quote author=MyStiCaL link=topic=15569.msg157158#msg157158 date=1156456825]
I've had a week IPban, that would be saying a website in a public channel, but permantly IPban i doubt thats possible...
[/quote]
They are very strict on giving ip bans when you're spamming for a website. Doing things like logging in incorrectly probably won't ever earn you a perm ban but spamming can.
August 24, 2006, 10:22 PM
UserLoser
Sorry to bump this, but I recommend nobody ever sending SID_AUTH_CHECK under Warcraft III w/o a CDKey hash.  Double check your code to make sure you wrote the actual code to insert the data after you finished writing your decode/hashing functions :)

As a result, I've been banned since April 13 from USWest.  Almost two weeks (today is April 26), we'll see if this ban clears tomorrow.

Anyone else have any unusually long bans?
April 26, 2008, 9:24 PM
Ribose
Yea, messing up SID_AUTH_CHECK in any way gets you mega-banned. I had to use proxies for awhile (someone recommended SocksChain, which was nice, and I added proxy support to Felbot in that time...) after I messed it up once.
April 26, 2008, 10:03 PM
PyroManiac606
Yea, I've been IP banned five different times, each for two weeks, on account of this packet. >_>
April 27, 2008, 12:26 AM
Barabajagal
I think it's prolly happened to everyone once, but what are you gonna do: ask Blizzard to lessen the ban, please?
April 27, 2008, 5:13 AM
Kayla
Invalid cd keys are 2 week ip bans.

It no longer increases your ip ban if you try to connect while ip banned.
May 7, 2008, 4:56 PM
Ringo
[quote author=Kayla link=topic=15569.msg178151#msg178151 date=1210179378]
It no longer increases your ip ban if you try to connect while ip banned.
[/quote]
It never did, at least, not in the past 5 years :p
May 7, 2008, 5:28 PM
Kayla
Yes it did.  They changed it about 7 months ago.  If you just kept repeatedly connecting while IP banned it would extend it.
May 7, 2008, 7:03 PM
Ringo
[quote author=Kayla link=topic=15569.msg178155#msg178155 date=1210187014]
Yes it did.  They changed it about 7 months ago.  If you just kept repeatedly connecting while IP banned it would extend it.
[/quote]
Dunno where you get this infomation from, I have had bots attempt to connect every few seconds why IP banned, for years, and they have always been unip'ed exacly when they were sposed to.  :-\
May 7, 2008, 10:42 PM
Barabajagal
[quote author=Ringo link=topic=15569.msg178162#msg178162 date=1210200167]
Dunno where you get this infomation from, I have had bots attempt to connect every few seconds why IP banned, for years, and they have always been unip'ed exacly when they were sposed to.  :-\
[/quote]/signed
May 7, 2008, 10:47 PM
iNsaNe
invalid cd key ip bans last 2 weeks
May 20, 2008, 9:59 PM

Search