Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | IPBan from attempting 0x02 on illegal channel

AuthorMessageTime
LockesRabb
I tried an experiment.

I had my bot send a 0x02 forced join to the nonexistent channel clan sk. (dot included).

[quote]Joining channel: clan sk.
Signed off Battle.net!
Disconnected![/quote]

On my two other bots which were also on the same server, those two also abruptly disconnected with the message saying it appeared that I was ipbanned.

So, if I insert a dot in the channel name when it's nonexistent using an 0x02 forced join, it results in an ipban.

Here's my three questions:

1) How long does an ipban from this kind of illegal operation take?
2) Are there any other types of illegal channel operations that will result in an ipban?
3) Is there way to detect that I've been ipbanned the moment it occurs?

Thanks in advance for all responses.
August 14, 2006, 10:10 PM
HeRo
I think it was known for quite awhile that doing that to a clan channel would IPBan you. Dot or not.  You can't really tell the exact time the IPBan will lift, as far as I know. There are probably a lot of things you can do to get an IPBan too, be creative, and you'll suceed. Usually if you disc from bnet suddenly, that means you've been IPBanned, or if you try to reconnect and can't.
August 14, 2006, 10:52 PM
Myndfyr
[quote author=Kyro link=topic=15543.msg156773#msg156773 date=1155593452]
3) Is there way to detect that I've been ipbanned the moment it occurs?[/quote]
Battle.net does not inform you that you've been IP banned, nor even that you're disconnected.  You just suddenly are.

Usually a connection attempt fails to complete when you are IP banned as well.  Of course, this is after the fact.
August 14, 2006, 10:57 PM
LockesRabb
Understood. Thanks, you both for the detailed explainations, it most certainly is appreciated. :-)
August 14, 2006, 11:24 PM

Search