Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | And then it came to me.

AuthorMessageTime
laurion
What came to me, you ask? What genious idea have I pondered up now?

A computer case made out of red bull cans.

For you Red Bull drinkers out there, you know how flexible the aluminum is. So, I'll just cut the bottom & top off, and now I have a nice square (rectangular?) piece of aluminum.

There is only one problem with my brilliant idea: how would I fasten the sheets of aluminum together?

Thanks in advance.  :)
July 30, 2006, 1:29 AM
KoRRuPT
.....?...
July 30, 2006, 1:33 AM
laurion

I want to make a computer case out of red bull cans. How would I fasten the red bull sheets together?

I was looking for an answer like "staples" or "tape" or something. Are you sure you read my post..  ::)
July 30, 2006, 1:51 AM
Topaz
If you get enough cans, you could probably flatten them, put two on top of each other, and then weld them together.
July 30, 2006, 2:01 AM
laurion
yea i dont want to weld though, i might burn my hand off or something, i dont know if we even own a welder.. any other ideas?
July 30, 2006, 2:13 AM
Denial
Super Glue... Duct Tape.
July 30, 2006, 2:36 AM
laurion
[quote author=Denial link=topic=15462.msg156265#msg156265 date=1154227014]
Super Glue... Duct Tape.
[/quote]
Almighty Dave saves the day.

Too bad super glue comes in like tiny ass fuckin tubes  >:(
July 30, 2006, 3:07 AM
St0rm.iD
[quote author=Tazo link=topic=15462.msg156266#msg156266 date=1154228871]
[quote author=Denial link=topic=15462.msg156265#msg156265 date=1154227014]
Super Glue... Duct Tape.
[/quote]
Almighty Dave saves the day.

Too bad super glue comes in like tiny ass fuckin tubes  >:(
[/quote]

There's no such thing as tiny ass fuckin'.
July 30, 2006, 4:15 AM
HeRo
Sobe no fear gold is better  ::)
July 30, 2006, 6:49 AM
warz
I like banna fanna fo fannas reply about ass fuckin.. but, the reason super glue fucking comes in a tiny ass tube is because a tiny ass fuckin amount WORKS you dip shit, you dont need a mound of super glue to paste two god damned red bull cans together, FUCK. Thats why its called super fucking glue - it's fucking super (no, there was no gay joke intended there. although the guy questioning the ability of super glue could quite possibly be gay for doing so). Duct tape could quite possibly work if u want your case to look like complete SHIT, and even if you know the tapes on the inside completely shielded from outside view you still know its founded with SHIT and will probably SUCK! All in all I don't think making a computer case out of red bull would be very cool anyways since making cases was completely so last summer. Make a fucking man purse out of red bull cans, or a fucking eye patch out of them or maybe a home-made razor.. i dunno, something emo, and then youll atleast have hismajesty liking it.
July 30, 2006, 8:28 AM
laurion
[quote author=warz link=topic=15462.msg156277#msg156277 date=1154248106]
I like banna fanna fo fannas reply about ass fuckin.. but, the reason super glue fucking comes in a tiny ass tube is because a tiny ass fuckin amount WORKS you dip shit, you dont need a mound of super glue to paste two god damned red bull cans together, FUCK. Thats why its called super fucking glue - it's fucking super (no, there was no gay joke intended there. although the guy questioning the ability of super glue could quite possibly be gay for doing so). Duct tape could quite possibly work if u want your case to look like complete SHIT, and even if you know the tapes on the inside completely shielded from outside view you still know its founded with SHIT and will probably SUCK! All in all I don't think making a computer case out of red bull would be very cool anyways since making cases was completely so last summer. Make a fucking man purse out of red bull cans, or a fucking eye patch out of them or maybe a home-made razor.. i dunno, something emo, and then youll atleast have mismajesty liking it.
[/quote]
L
O
L

Ok guys, thanks for your input, I'm going to use super glue.  ;D
July 30, 2006, 12:55 PM
HeRo
Make a big cup out of all of them and fill it with red bull  :o
July 30, 2006, 1:41 PM
Forged
Don't use super glue, if anything use JB Weld, you can pick it up at home depot or autzone.
You get more of it in a tube and it holds much better than super glue.

On another note, make sure you wrap the inside in something, aluminum is a conductor.
July 30, 2006, 5:10 PM
laurion
[quote author=Forged link=topic=15462.msg156285#msg156285 date=1154279437]
Don't use super glue, if anything use JB Weld, you can pick it up at home depot or autzone.
You get more of it in a tube and it holds much better than super glue.

On another note, make sure you wrap the inside in something, aluminum is a conductor.
[/quote]
wrap it in something?

like.. ceran wrap?  :o
July 30, 2006, 9:39 PM
warz
What you want to do is avoid letting the contents inside of the case come into contact with the case itself, since the case will be aluminum. Aluminum will build up static electricity which is most likely not a good thing to house electronic components inside of. This might result in damanged hardware, or other bad things. Find some of that styrofoam padding stuff that comes in some packages in the mail, and cover the interior in it to avoid those problems. Or, even better, find some of that non-static electricity plastic that video cards and stuff come packaged in.

This is assuming you actually go through with this.
July 30, 2006, 10:33 PM
Ishbar
Are you honestly this...ugh! There isn't even a word I can think of. Thats how mad your posts make me. Seran Wrap?! NO Something that DOESN'T conduct, like Rubber Stoppers, or some kind of grounder that won't fry your Curriour George ass.

2ndly, Weld them together, it's NOT that hard;

Bonding Wire [ Aluminum based ]
Flux [ I'm not sure if it is needed for such thing metal? ]
A Flame hot enough to melt the bonding wire but not ruin your cans.

Have you even made a blue-print of some sort, perhaps even a cheesey sketch on the back of a used napkin? Have you honestly thought on how you're going to mount your Motherboard, I at least hope you reuse the old chasis because goodluck making one out of redbull cans that is full functional.

In my opinion; Hellen Keller would have an easier time jugding a Miss America padgeant while spinning plates than you would at making your dream case.

P.S. Red Bull isn't even that good and costs too much for the size of the drink. Monster Energy is much more filling :P
July 30, 2006, 10:37 PM
warz
I like Monster too.
July 30, 2006, 11:08 PM
laurion
[quote author=Ishbar link=topic=15462.msg156293#msg156293 date=1154299052]
Are you honestly this...ugh! There isn't even a word I can think of. Thats how mad your posts make me. Seran Wrap?! NO Something that DOESN'T conduct, like Rubber Stoppers, or some kind of grounder that won't fry your Curriour George ass.

2ndly, Weld them together, it's NOT that hard;

Bonding Wire [ Aluminum based ]
Flux [ I'm not sure if it is needed for such thing metal? ]
A Flame hot enough to melt the bonding wire but not ruin your cans.

Have you even made a blue-print of some sort, perhaps even a cheesey sketch on the back of a used napkin? Have you honestly thought on how you're going to mount your Motherboard, I at least hope you reuse the old chasis because goodluck making one out of redbull cans that is full functional.

In my opinion; Hellen Keller would have an easier time jugding a Miss America padgeant while spinning plates than you would at making your dream case.

P.S. Red Bull isn't even that good and costs too much for the size of the drink. Monster Energy is much more filling :P
[/quote]
I was kidding about the seran wrap  :P

and im not welding it.

its obvious this is too complicated, plus i think it would be too light to support the power supply and cd drives...  ::)
July 30, 2006, 11:34 PM
Disco
Just use a paint can or somethin.
July 30, 2006, 11:47 PM
Ishbar
Thats kinda why I told you to use a Chasis from the old pc...

Also why not just put the cans..on your old pc's case? Or buy a flat sidded one and just use an abrasive to bind the two metals.
July 31, 2006, 12:41 AM
Yegg
[quote author=Tazo link=topic=15462.msg156296#msg156296 date=1154302470]i think it would be too light to support the power supply and cd drives...  ::)[/quote]

Use stilts or put them on the bottom :).
July 31, 2006, 1:01 AM
Myndfyr
Yeah I was going to say... while I applaud your.... creativity.... this is likely not a good idea.
August 3, 2006, 11:10 PM

Search