Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Wacrcraft 3 TFT In Game protocols

AuthorMessageTime
leax
i been researching on bnet war3 in game protocols lately inspired from the famous banlist porgram in use by alot of "dota" game.
i just find it quite hard to find any docs on this subject or am i looking at the wrong place
anyway ill post some of my finding for thoses to use for evil or just

oh i m using decimal here, dont like using hex in coding, still noob probly
from the docs it says in game protocl always start with 247, follow by 1 byte ID , follow by 2 bytes to indicate packet length eg [247]-[66]-[13][0]-[255][255][255][0][0][0][0][1][1]
the IDs and their purpose are as follows
[10] game starting in 5 seconds
[11] game just started
[27] u left the game
[28] u got kicked outa the game
[1]   incoming ping to see if your alive
[70] outgoing pong to say im alive
[40] chat messages, most of the time
[52] chat messages
[15] chat messages
[7]   some player left the game, yeh it doesnt specified who, think only the position or slot that emptied is indicated

[6]    - a player has joined the game someoen else hosted
[30]  - a player has join a game u hosting
ID 6 and ID 30 are probly the most important packets, they contain player names and their IPs in non encrypted format once u join a game, and its a separate packet for each player already in the game or joined after.

for ID 6, would be someting like
[247] [6] [60][0] [?][?][?][?][?] [l][e][a][ x ][0] [?][?][?][?][?] [224][23] [192][128][0][11][?][?][...
ok theres a lot of thing i dont know whats going on, but, the player name string always start at 9th index in this case "leax" + null terminator
and leax's port number would be the null terminator incrment by 5 so  [224][23] would be 6112 in this case
and finally right after the port is the ip address  [192][128][0][11]
as u can see u can easily find out about someone' ip as u join the game

so yeh theres  so much i havent figured out still, but i managed to write a banlist program from the info i gathered in vb.net in the end and still like to find out more about war3 ingame protocols if any one can point me to where to look

thanks

[size=1][quote author=rabbit link=topic=15328.msg155268#msg155268 date=1151945177]
That excessively large blank section below your post is unnecessary.
[/quote]
--MyndFyre[/size]
July 3, 2006, 4:22 PM
rabbit
That excessively large blank section below your post is unnecessary.
July 3, 2006, 4:46 PM

Search