Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | .NET Platform | VB8 - I must be overlooking some fatal event here..

AuthorMessageTime
JoeTheOdd
Basically, you start my bot and click connect (from the Connection menu) and it connect's to Battle.net. Then, when the socket is connected, it sends the protocol byte 0x1 and then the packet 0x50. But.. it doesn't send 0x50. Hard to explain, but unless I'm overlooking something, it doesn't do what I've coded it to do.

Does someone with more skill want to take a look at it?

Clicky

PS -
If anyone wants to look for other screw-ups in my coding style or things that will cause complications in the long run, go for it. Or if you want to yell at my horrible Google-translator Spanish, open up the configuration and type "Spanish" in the Language box.
June 28, 2006, 5:53 AM
Topaz
Man, .NET syntax looks _ugly_.
June 29, 2006, 1:14 AM
K
Don't know about your problem, but I have some comments.

1) There is no reason to use the Winsock ActiveX control other than to add an additional unnecessary dependency.  You can use one of the many .NET options such as a TcpClient/NetworkStream or a Socket.

2) Your localization method is pretty terrible.  .NET provides better ways to accomplish localization via Resource files.  You can search for ".NET localization" on google and come up with some examples.
June 29, 2006, 2:32 AM
JoeTheOdd
Alright. Basically this was a learning project, so I think I'm going to scrap those files and restart it. It's not like I've acomplished anything except for a bit of experience, anyhow.

Also, MyndFyre was ragging on me for using the ActiveX Winsock, so I'm going to use System.Net.Sockets.Socket now, I suppose.
June 29, 2006, 2:49 AM

Search