Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Politics | 14yr old suing MySpace

AuthorMessageTime
CrAz3D
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/nation/3984459.html?

[quote]A 14-year-old girl who says she was sexually assaulted by another user of MySpace.com sued the social networking Web site Monday, claiming it does not take sufficient steps to protect underage members.

The girl says a 19-year-old man lied in his profile about being a senior on a football team to gain her trust and phone number.[/quote]

WTF MAN!?  Christ!  Where is personal responsibility?  I saw the girl's lawyer on TV just now, he was talking about MySpace needing to take responsibility & should be held liable...B mothing f-ing S!

Same thing as if a woman gets raped in a bar, it ain't the bar's fault...it is the guy's fault.  MySpace shouldn't be held liable because some STUPID girl was stupid enough to give out her personal info & all, her fault that she wasn't careful enough.  People suck, you can't trust anyone.

ALSO, these 14 yr olds & younger, they're not even supposed to be on there!...I say sue those punk kids for false representation of themself!
June 21, 2006, 11:58 PM
Topaz
[quote author=CrAz3D link=topic=15215.msg154744#msg154744 date=1150934329]
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/nation/3984459.html?

[quote]A 14-year-old girl who says she was sexually assaulted by another user of MySpace.com sued the social networking Web site Monday, claiming it does not take sufficient steps to protect underage members.

The girl says a 19-year-old man lied in his profile about being a senior on a football team to gain her trust and phone number.[/quote]

WTF MAN!?  Christ!  Where is personal responsibility?  I saw the girl's lawyer on TV just now, he was talking about MySpace needing to take responsibility & should be held liable...B mothing f-ing S!

Same thing as if a woman gets raped in a bar, it ain't the bar's fault...it is the guy's fault.  MySpace shouldn't be held liable because some STUPID girl was stupid enough to give out her personal info & all, her fault that she wasn't careful enough.  People suck, you can't trust anyone.

ALSO, these 14 yr olds & younger, they're not even supposed to be on there!...I say sue those punk kids for false representation of themself!
[/quote]

Someone needs to calm down...
June 22, 2006, 5:26 PM
FrOzeN
.. http://collect.myspace.com/misc/terms.html?z=1

7.1 and 7.2 states they take no responsibility of the content posted. And 8.5 forbids personal information from anyone under 18 to be posted.

In a court of law, do these Terms and Conditions (which when signing up must be agreed to) just get ignored, and the victim can receive compensations for ignorance and stupidity? How stupid does the system want to get. :-\
June 23, 2006, 12:56 PM
CrAz3D
[quote author=FrOzeN link=topic=15215.msg154806#msg154806 date=1151067383]
.. http://collect.myspace.com/misc/terms.html?z=1

7.1 and 7.2 states they take no responsibility of the content posted. And 8.5 forbids personal information from anyone under 18 to be posted.

In a court of law, do these Terms and Conditions (which when signing up must be agreed to) just get ignored, and the victim can receive compensations for ignorance and stupidity? How stupid does the system want to get. :-\
[/quote]LOLOL.........MYSpace better win...& then terminate her account for violating TOS
June 23, 2006, 10:10 PM
Disco
Why dosent she just sue the guy who raped her?
June 24, 2006, 4:26 AM
FrOzeN
[quote author=Disco link=topic=15215.msg154833#msg154833 date=1151123162]
Why dosent she just sue the guy who raped her?
[/quote]
.. because she's after the money.
June 24, 2006, 4:51 AM
Ishbar
its so fucking ridiculous, it's got about as much jusification for sueing someone else when you willing give them your social security and credit card numbers. Its your god damn fault, fucking I bet the girls parents had her up to it...
June 25, 2006, 6:40 PM
Arta
Yet again, I'll remind you: pretty much anyone can file suit for pretty much anything. What's important isn't that this girl is suing myspace -- what's important is how the judge rules. You watch. Wouldn't surprise me if it didn't even get past summary judgement.

This is exactly the same as that thread about the guy who got arrested for assault.
June 28, 2006, 12:11 AM