Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Ok Answer this Sirs :O

AuthorMessageTime
Brr
I'm REALLY new to vb / v C++ and i want to know where i can go to learn on how to make a bot ^^ Some source codes would be nice to get me started in the right direction or just some website or something shit, i'm stuck on a limb here :O
June 2, 2003, 6:45 AM
SNiFFeR
If you're new to VB / C++. Why are you trying to make a bot..? Shouldn't you be attempting to learn the basics? ::)
June 2, 2003, 7:41 AM
Grok
Welcome to the forum.

Let me first suggest you learn to search. If you are as new as you say, it is likely that all of your questions have been asked and answered, many times over.

As far as learning, don't learn how to program something complex. Instead, learn how to program the parts that make up the complexity.

If I were building a house, I wouldnt learn how to build a house. Instead, I would learn how to landscape the property, how to set up a frame, how to install plumbing , how to pour a foundation, how to wire the electrical. At some point I'd want to learn how to work with sheetrock, drywall, brick, wood, and tiles.

Same with programming. Learn how to do all the little things, and you'll figure out bigger things can be build with them.
June 2, 2003, 4:45 PM
Undeference
Go to www.pagemac.com and download the examples. Try to find out what they do. If you are still clueless, don't even try to proceed. If you kinda get it, you can wait for me to make my (partially) open source bot.
June 2, 2003, 6:43 PM
Brr
Grok, aye i get what you're saying ThX ^_^
June 2, 2003, 10:19 PM
CrAz3D
Try Learn2.com. I got a set of CDs when I got my VB & it helped when I was just learning. After I exhaustred those discs Valhallalegends' Forum was the best thing that ever happened.

BTW Grok, you a contractor/construction worker?
June 2, 2003, 11:57 PM
Eternal
<wonders if Grok would build him a house, he seems to know what he is doing>
June 3, 2003, 8:33 AM

Search