Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Visual Basic Programming | Winsock error?

AuthorMessageTime
WiLD
My bot runs off BNLS (im yet to figure out war3 hash  :-X) and it connects and works fine while at home, but i brought it here to work and it doesnt seem to even connect to BNLS. Im guessing its a problem with the winsocks component, perhapes a different version or something?
What makes it weirder though is i brought my copy of visual studio to work and installed that (which should install/replace winsocks component, correct?) but i was still getting the same problem.

[code]
[17:37:11] [BNLS] Connecting...
[17:37:11] [BNLS] Connected.
[17:37:11] [BNLS] Sending authorization information...
[17:37:11] [BNLS] Disconnected.
[/code]

Anyone have any idea on what the problem could be?

I dont believe it to be a router/firewall problem cause i have the exact same router at home with similar settings and there is no firewall at either location.
June 14, 2006, 7:42 AM
rabbit
A router is a firewall.  Anyway, if it was an error, you'd get the error callback.  Check your port settings.
June 14, 2006, 11:25 AM
WiLD
[quote author=rabbit link=topic=15171.msg154342#msg154342 date=1150284312]
A router is a firewall.  Anyway, if it was an error, you'd get the error callback.  Check your port settings.
[/quote]

..meh.

By definition a firewall is a system that protects the data in a private network, while a router is a device that routes data among networks. Main difference between firewall and router is in number of features and price. That is what you meant right?  ;)

Anyways, I dont believe anything is using the ports. The only difference between the router at work and my home is the WAN type i believe, which wont make a difference.

I have tried on several different computers here at work and end up with the same result, i am beginning to think it might be a router issue but i do believe they are the same.
June 14, 2006, 12:45 PM
rabbit
The router may be blocking the ports is my point.  You'll have to open them up to allow data through.
June 14, 2006, 12:51 PM
WiLD
Im looking at router config now and no ports at all are blocked. I doubt anyone here has any experience with it since its an Australian brand but its a Netcomm NB1300.
I think my best bet is to take a look at my router config at home and see what ive got different.

Starcraft works fine here (work).
June 14, 2006, 12:59 PM
rabbit
Try not sending the BNLS auth packets then, they are no longer required.
June 14, 2006, 1:02 PM
Grok
[quote author=WiLD link=topic=15171.msg154335#msg154335 date=1150270958]
My bot runs off BNLS (im yet to figure out war3 hash  :-X) and it connects and works fine while at home, but i brought it here to work and it doesnt seem to even connect to BNLS. Im guessing its a problem with the winsocks component, perhapes a different version or something?
What makes it weirder though is i brought my copy of visual studio to work and installed that (which should install/replace winsocks component, correct?) but i was still getting the same problem.

[code]
[17:37:11] [BNLS] Connecting...
[17:37:11] [BNLS] Connected.
[17:37:11] [BNLS] Sending authorization information...
[17:37:11] [BNLS] Disconnected.
[/code]

Anyone have any idea on what the problem could be?
[/quote]

That looks like a protocol-specific problem.  If you're reaching BNLS and connecting, your data is not blocked on the ports being used.  The disconnect happens when you send data.  Are you logging the replies properly?  BNLS should disconnect after it sends your reply, as your business with it is finished.  Maybe you got the reply and just didn't handle it?
June 16, 2006, 1:25 AM
WiLD
I figured it out.
The computer(s) i was using had their regional settings set to Korean, when i changed it back to english it seemed to work fine.

...grr, now korean programs wont work, such as CDSpace  >:(

Ahwell.

Thanks guys
June 19, 2006, 12:48 PM

Search