Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Need some advice

AuthorMessageTime
inner.
Ok, since the registry is sorted in alphabetical order, I'm having my bot's have the number  "1, 2, 3" in front of the profile name like "1:name". So say I delete profile #2 from 3 profiles, then there will be profiles with the index number of "1, 3" infront of their profile name which will be out of order. So I need to somehow reindex them so that their front number will be "1, 2" and not "1, 3". The problem is, there's not a "rename key" api that does it.

Just thought I'd ask you and see what you have to say.
June 6, 2006, 10:45 PM
warz
Instead of appending a "1:", "2:", etc to the front of your USERNAME field, and making it a username / index field, why not place profiles in their own registry folder or whatever, and just make the name of the folder their index. This is what soup bot did. This way, you can count how many registry directories there (and loop through them, finding which #'s exist) as well as sort them, and if you need to re-arange them, it's easier this way also.

When doing things like this, you may think it's better, easier or more efficient to append crap to the beginning of other fields, and use that for sorting purposes, etc. Why make things like that harder on yourself? Don't think so long and hard on this type of stuff. Just do the most logical way.. and what you're doing is not logical.
June 6, 2006, 11:35 PM
inner.
Your way is basically my way, except I have a username in the field. I would still have the rename each index of the profiles that are in the registry so it will load the right indexes for the RTB, username information, etc. And I do have keys for each profiles. I use EnumKeys()
June 6, 2006, 11:57 PM
rabbit
This bot will blow balls on User-level accounts.
June 7, 2006, 12:12 AM
inner.
Actually, it works perfect except for when I unload a profile, I just need to fix the index's after I do and it will be ready to go. I've already fixed everything else.
June 7, 2006, 1:15 AM
inner.
Here's what I'm talking about:
[img]http://img332.imageshack.us/img332/2219/registry9dw.jpg[/img]
June 7, 2006, 8:40 PM
Yegg
What if the user has a colon in their profile name?
June 7, 2006, 9:15 PM
warz
Exactly. inner's a NEWB
June 7, 2006, 9:20 PM
inner.
Why would you have a colon in your name in the first place.

warz, shh. :p

edit: I would make it so when they go to create a profile, if it contained a ":" in it, I would say do not use it.
June 7, 2006, 10:22 PM
Networks
[quote author=inner.de link=topic=15141.msg154059#msg154059 date=1149718927]

edit: I would make it so when they go to create a profile, if it contained a ":" in it, I would say do not use it.
[/quote]

Why do you need numbers associated with profile names? There isn't a way to enumerate through the directories inside of profiles?
June 7, 2006, 10:50 PM
Ringo
[quote author=inner.de link=topic=15141.msg154049#msg154049 date=1149712814]
Here's what I'm talking about:
[/quote]
oh.
Why use the registry for index based items? use a file(s) :P
June 7, 2006, 10:57 PM
Quarantine
Easier to manage and update, the downside is it isn't very portable across computers and OSes.
June 7, 2006, 11:00 PM
rabbit
[quote author=inner.de link=topic=15141.msg154059#msg154059 date=1149718927]

[/quote]I use the account :+:TheEND often enough.  Besides, restricting what usernames can be used isn't a good idea.
June 7, 2006, 11:50 PM
inner.
I got it working, thanks everyone.
June 8, 2006, 1:46 AM

Search