Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Politics | Parents sue McDonalds because their kid was killed at a McDonalds

AuthorMessageTime
CrAz3D
...their kid was killed in self defense because he attacked the other guy, other guy killed him, parents are suing McDonalds, uhm, WTF!?

http://pasco.tbo.com/pasco/MGBEJC11VNE.html

If I was a judge I'd be so inclined just to say "Your kid was dumb, he attacked the wrong person, justice is what happened to him...justice isn't suing McDonalds so you can be rich."

ERGH
May 31, 2006, 4:29 PM
Yegg
All I can say is... there are way too many stupid people out there and the number is rapidly increasing.
May 31, 2006, 6:38 PM
Zakath
For once I actually agree with CrAz3D. What's the world coming to?
May 31, 2006, 6:47 PM
Brandon
Lmao, what a bunch of idiots.
May 31, 2006, 8:48 PM
Yegg
Just know that the restaurant knew of the constant fighting in their area (around their restaurant) yet made no apparent attempts to prevent such actions. They can be blamed because of this.
May 31, 2006, 9:01 PM
Grok
People sue over anything.  It doesn't indicate the world is coming to some ending.  The state of our justice system is determined by outcomes of trials, not by what suits are being brought.  Probably the judge will dismiss this before it ever gets to trial, UNLESS there is some legal basis for the suit to carry forth.  Come on, let the judge do his job.  If it gets to trial, find out why, think about it, then be shocked or outraged if it still seems absurd.
June 1, 2006, 12:01 AM
CrAz3D
[quote author=Grok link=topic=15098.msg153532#msg153532 date=1149120081]
People sue over anything.  It doesn't indicate the world is coming to some ending.  The state of our justice system is determined by outcomes of trials, not by what suits are being brought.  Probably the judge will dismiss this before it ever gets to trial, UNLESS there is some legal basis for the suit to carry forth.  Come on, let the judge do his job.  If it gets to trial, find out why, think about it, then be shocked or outraged if it still seems absurd.
[/quote]...need I remind that a woman spilled hot coffee on herself, sued McDonalds and won?
June 1, 2006, 12:56 AM
Yegg
[quote author=CrAz3D link=topic=15098.msg153542#msg153542 date=1149123367]
[quote author=Grok link=topic=15098.msg153532#msg153532 date=1149120081]
[/quote]...need I remind that a woman spilled hot coffee on herself, sued McDonalds and won?
[/quote]

Did she sue because she was money hungry? I was told that what the news didn't tell us about was that she suffered from 3rd degree burns on her legs and had to have surgery done (IIRC, more than once). Sure if was still her fault, IIRC she held the cup between her legs when she left to drive. I believe there was another case like this with I think Burger King, but IIRC (again) the coffee was far hotter than it should have been.

The "hot coffee lawsuit" example should stop being used, using it IMO is absurd. There are definately more stupid lawsuits out there. Maybe it was even you CrAz3D who made the thread about the man who tried sueing the state because while working for the city crashed the city's truck into his home car on private property (something to this extent)? I think my point stands that there are very stupid law suits out there that defeat the "hot coffee lawsuit".
June 1, 2006, 1:53 AM
CrAz3D
I remember that, dude crashed into his own car with a city vehicle & was suing the city.

I use the coffee one because its well known.
June 1, 2006, 2:15 AM
Yegg
[quote author=CrAz3D link=topic=15098.msg153553#msg153553 date=1149128122]
I use the coffee one because its well known.
[/quote]

Fair enough.
June 1, 2006, 2:30 AM

Search