Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | BNCSutil 1.2

AuthorMessageTime
shadypalm88
I basically finished up a new BNCSutil release, version 1.2.0, but lost interest and never finished documenting it.  The changes I can remember:

- It is no longer necessary to make a call to kd_init(); BNCSutil will do it automatically the first time kd_create() is called.
- New debugging features (dumps debugging text to stdout on *NIX and a console window on Windows)
- A C++ wrapper for the NLS functions
- A new experimental build system for *NIX (I got tired of struggling with automake/conf)
- Fixed an embarringly-long-standing bug (that I see someone finally came across) that caused "(null)" to appear in the EXE info string
- Code cleanup by standardizing around a simple internal API for file access

The NLS wrapper class includes functions that allocate and return their buffers instead of forcing the caller to allocate buffers; these buffers are freed when the NLS object is destroyed.  The debugging console is visible in the updated VB example app.

I don't intend to further maintain or update the library.
May 29, 2006, 11:37 PM
Topaz
Sweet.
May 30, 2006, 10:29 PM
BaDaSs
Nice Eric, Very nice ;)
*Thumbs Up*
June 4, 2006, 4:40 AM
MyStiCaL
already using it.. good job.
June 4, 2006, 9:31 PM
bwally
I am getting this error when I try and compile using Visual Studio .NET 2003 with the vc7_build project/solution:
c:\bncsutil-1.2.0\bncsutil-1.2.0\src\bncsutil\nls.c(32): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'gmp.h': No such file or directory

Thanks!
June 7, 2006, 2:39 AM
Topaz
Has anyone compiled shared libraries for use on linux?
June 7, 2006, 6:06 AM
Kp
[quote author=bwally link=topic=15088.msg153974#msg153974 date=1149647954]
I am getting this error when I try and compile using Visual Studio .NET 2003 with the vc7_build project/solution:
c:\bncsutil-1.2.0\bncsutil-1.2.0\src\bncsutil\nls.c(32): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'gmp.h': No such file or directory

Thanks!
[/quote]

You're missing the GNU MP library, or it is not in your search path.

[quote author=Topaz link=topic=15088.msg153990#msg153990 date=1149660364]
Has anyone compiled shared libraries for use on linux?
[/quote]

Yes.
June 7, 2006, 11:13 PM
dRAgoN
Fix for the VB Module.
[code]'Global added because I don't like adding shit that I don't have to. - l)ragon
Public Const BNCSUtilVersion = "1.2.0"

' RequiredVersion must be a version as a.b.c
' Returns True if the current BNCSutil version is sufficent, False if not.
' Function will now return the right value - l)ragon
Public Function bncsutil_checkVersion(ByVal RequiredVersion As String) As Boolean
    Dim i&, j&
    Dim Frag() As String
    Dim Req As Long, Check As Long
    bncsutil_checkVersion = False
    Frag = Split(RequiredVersion, ".")
    j = 0
    For i = UBound(Frag) To 0 Step -1
        Check = Check + (CLng(Val(Frag(i))) * (100 ^ j))
        j = j + 1
    Next i
    'v Somone desided to use Check here instead of Req - l)ragon
    Req = bncsutil_getVersion()
    If (Check >= Req) Then
        bncsutil_checkVersion = True
    End If
End Function[/code]

Init.
[code]    If bncsutil_checkVersion(BNCSUtilVersion) Then
        rtbAdd rtbChat, True, vbMagenta, "(BNCS DLL) ", vbGreen, "Your BNCSUtil.dll has been found to be " & BNCSUtilVersion & " or better." & vbCrLf
    Else
        rtbAdd rtbChat, True, vbMagenta, "(BNCS DLL) ", vbRed, "Update your BNCSUtil.dll, the dll you have now is to old!" & vbCrLf
        If MsgBox("Error", vbCritical, "BNCSUtil.DLL is outdated go get the latest release." & vbCrLf & "Exiting program.") = vbOK Then
            End
        End If
    End If[/code]
July 1, 2006, 8:57 PM
Topaz
A couple questions:

While using the kd_create() function in Python, I encounter an access violation write error (0x00000010). Why is this? I'm properly passing the cdkey and its length.

Since the use for kd_init() has been removed, do I need to use kd_free() anymore?

Kp: I meant, a bncsutil shared library.
July 11, 2006, 5:53 AM
l2k-Shadow
I'd imagine you'd have to kd_free because as said, kd_create makes a call to kd_init automatically, so kd_init is still there.
July 13, 2006, 8:07 PM

Search