Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Connecting with CD-Key

AuthorMessageTime
shoguy
Currently looking for some example code. I looked at the crim chat bot code but it doesn't compile or even convert to .net on my machine for some reason.

I'm writing a .Net based Battlenet wrapper in C#. And from what I have found out, without a cdkey connection type (i guess this is called binary client) the "Telnet" connection doesn't allow you to go to any channels other then a core 3 that battle.net shoves you in.

Thanks for any info

-Casey
June 1, 2003, 8:47 AM
St0rm.iD
Not to be mean, but I counted at least three topics with almost exactly the same question on the front page of this forum.
June 1, 2003, 8:14 PM
shoguy
[quote author=St0rm.iD link=board=17;threadid=1505;start=0#msg11315 date=1054498469]
Not to be mean, but I counted at least three topics with almost exactly the same question on the front page of this forum.
[/quote]

Yeah I've gone through the forum, and maybe it's just the fact that I have done no binary packet communication... I have the Chat client stuff nailed, I guess I was looking for some source to go off of for the initial authentication. If I'm being blind let me know, but I've gone through the various samples etc... and they all refer to an ocx or other code that source isn't provided for. After I can get my binary wrapper done, I'm going to release it for anyone wanting to use .NET to make a bot.

Thanks

Casey

P.S. I'm banned from the Clan [vL] channel for some random thing... so I can't get in an chat with anyone in there.
June 1, 2003, 8:22 PM

Search