Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Stupid FloodBot

AuthorMessageTime
pileofcrap
.... some gay kid is trying to flood my channel with the floodbot..... how the hell can I stop it?
March 13, 2003, 12:55 PM
Spht
The floodbot? Am I supposed to know what that is?

If it's a channel that has an operator, then get him to ban the person. Otherwise, I suggest moving your channel (or clan) to a Clan channel. Go here for more information: http://www.battle.net/info/channels.shtml
March 13, 2003, 1:36 PM
iago
Or you can just program your bot to totally filter him out.
March 13, 2003, 2:48 PM
Naem
He's probably referring to one of the bots that immediately closes the connection to BNet immediately after joining the channel and sending a couple lines of text. Since it can join the channel, send the text, and disconnect in a very short time, it makes it very hard to ban someone even if they're shitlisted.
March 13, 2003, 2:59 PM
pileofcrap
yeah NAEM ... shit list works .... after i get his name .. but flodbot can switch keys and accounts.. all I can do is keep shitlisting i guess....
March 13, 2003, 3:22 PM
Etheran
He'll eventually run out of cdkeys *and* realize he's an immature child.
March 13, 2003, 4:14 PM
Kp
[quote]He'll eventually run out of cdkeys *and* realize he's an immature child.[/quote]

Really?  I thought a prerequisite to running such tools was an immunity to those realizations. ;)
March 13, 2003, 5:25 PM
pileofcrap
well the fucker stole my account from me anyway.

fastlane

i had it.. and h was ALL ILL GET YOU BACK...
the one person I trusted enbough to give the pw to gave it to him.
he made some bullshit account  (p(I)le) and told the idiot that it was me and was all "i cant beleive you changed the pw blah blah" and my friend gave it to him.......
March 15, 2003, 4:29 PM
Zakath
Your friend was a moron. He didn't even ask for confirmation? Good grief...
March 15, 2003, 5:37 PM
ILurker
It's a bot that logs onto an account, joins a channel, then joins a game/leaves it/joins/leaves 10 times, withhin 1 second, then reconnects using a different account name
If the cd key gets banned it changed to another one and continues to use the same account names. This will cause the moderator to drop if it's a bot, and if it has that is flooding on a ban list.
You can stop these by save banning each of the names, then when they join, and leave, delete the queue, so when they rejoin the bot will ban them while they're in a game, or in the channel

another way to stop these are to have your bot automatically ban pings with -1, since floodbot always spoofs lag to that
March 16, 2003, 12:01 AM
pileofcrap
yeah i get all that. Shitlisting worked but as I stated above it doesnt matter. He stole my account b/c of my moronic friend. if anyone has some proxies I can use i can get it back MUAHAHAAH
March 16, 2003, 12:22 AM
Sevatox
best way is just doing /ignore or using a bot that allready has a filter implamented.
March 16, 2003, 2:57 AM
Zakath
[quote]This will cause the moderator to drop if it's a bot[/quote]

It will? I've noticed a decided lack of 'droppage' in the various bots I've employed. I would blame it on bad code rather than the floodbot itself.
March 16, 2003, 3:31 AM
MesiaH
yes unless your using a poorly structured bot, then it should not drop because of a couple of bots rejoining at the speed of light, and besides, even better bots will use magical A.I. to realize the same name is joining over and over again, and squelch one, which would ignore them all. Adding filters to do the same thing would render the "floodbot" useless, just like the person who created it.
March 20, 2003, 11:57 PM
Kp
[quote]another way to stop these are to have your bot automatically ban pings with -1, since floodbot always spoofs lag to that[/quote]

That's a bad idea.  First, I've seen plenty of non-floodbots using -1 latency (why they wish to do this, I've never bothered to determine).  Second, the reason your moderator is flooding out is because it is sending so many ban commands -- so ordering it to autoban the floodbot will not help.  Third, it would be a trivial matter for the floodbot's designer to change it to use real latency, thus rendering you wrong.
March 21, 2003, 1:44 AM
iago
[quote]
First, I've seen plenty of non-floodbots using -1 latency (why they wish to do this, I've never bothered to determine).[/quote]

Obviously, they think it's cool to have uberhigh/uberlow lag (depending on if you forgot to use signed values to display it) :-)
March 21, 2003, 11:03 AM

Search