Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Politics | Campaign Funding

AuthorMessageTime
Myndfyr
Len Munsil, GOP candidate for governor against the incumbent Democrat Janet Napolitano, turned his petitions in today to the State Clerk's office to be registered for the primary election.

During his press release, he noted that he was in support of "limited government."

The reporter noted that Munsil was noteworthy because he was the first GOP candidate to turn in the base funding he would need to receive state Clean Elections assistance, which severely limits the amount of money he can receive from PACs and individuals, primarily receiving money from the state.

Does anyone else see a problem with this?!?
April 26, 2006, 12:01 AM
CrAz3D
To make sure I'm straight on it, Munsil turned in his state money (which restricted him from receiving more PAC money)....or he is turning in a form filing for this state election money?
April 26, 2006, 3:58 AM
Myndfyr
To get state money, he needs to get some amount of private funding and turn it into the state to get state funding.
April 26, 2006, 4:32 AM
CrAz3D
[quote author=MyndFyre[vL] link=topic=14848.msg151314#msg151314 date=1146025968]
To get state money, he needs to get some amount of private funding and turn it into the state to get state funding.
[/quote]
Ok.
WTF?...that seems ridiculous, much like somethin gthat would be done here

It was explained to the audience (I was at a PRC debate yesterday evening) that the office of the Public Regulation Commissioner is the only one in the state that can receive state funding to get elected.  Also, you just have to file for it.
2/3 of the GOPs from my district declined the money.  2/2 liberals (one being UBER hypocritical [she pressed for stricter drug laws & then was caught with pot going on a plane]) accepted the funding
April 26, 2006, 4:49 AM

Search