Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Ipod Mini Hard Drive (4Gb)

AuthorMessageTime
FrOzeN
My Ipod died last year and it's useless now, so I just pulled it apart and got the Hitachi 4Gb Microdrive out of it. I was wondering if theres any way possible that I could connect it to a USB lead so I could set it up as a small portable hard drive?

Any thoughts? Or other things I could do with the Ipod parts, feels a bit pointless throwing them away seeing as they still work.

It was some internal error on the hard drive which caused the ipod to die, not an actual hardware problem.

[EDIT] This it was it looks like (found pic with google),

[img]http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/1268/ipodminiharddrive7of.jpg[/img]
April 22, 2006, 10:31 AM
dRAgoN
could probably go down to a local computer shop and ask, they might have something for attaching it to a usb line by now.
April 23, 2006, 3:38 AM
zorm
Look into usb compact flash readers as most of them tend to be compatible with microdrives.
April 24, 2006, 1:36 PM
Im pretty sure if an Ipod dies due to a software error you can send it in to Apple and get a new one assuming you haven't voided the warranty...You know by like taking it apart.
April 27, 2006, 1:21 AM
FrOzeN
The day I planned of sending it in was exactly 1 day after the warrenty expired. Which was over a year ago.

I only recently got around to looking at my Ipod to see if maybe I could fix it.
April 27, 2006, 2:03 AM

Search