Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Regarding MS Word document protection

AuthorMessageTime
MrRaza
Is there any way to prohibite a person from spreading notes to other people. I create study notes for exams for myself, and usually other people like copies, so I sell them. I'm looking for a way to send a person my notes, but making it not possible for them to simply just keep sending them to other people. I want to make it so the person who has paid, can only read it and not distribute it.

Any idea's?
April 20, 2006, 12:55 AM
peofeoknight
PDFs can offer some degree of document protection with a password but if the end user resends it and includes the password that is out. There really is no way, if you make the content available then it can be copied to someone else. You can make it tricky by embeding the content in an applet and using some sort of login system, but the users would still be able to share passwords and take screen shots. So pretty much if they want to distribute it,they can find a way to redistribute it, and you'd have to go way out of your way to protect partially guard the content from redistribution. Gosh, this is an issue the recording industry has beeen struggling with for years! Isn't it? You should try sueing the people who pirate your notes huge sums of money, say they are in violation of digital millenium.
April 20, 2006, 6:42 AM
The-Rabid-Lord
Is there a way it could only be run on certain computers, so if someone wants a copy you ask for the computer ID/Name and set tit to only be opened on that machine.
April 20, 2006, 5:32 PM
Myndfyr
You might investigate using macros.
April 20, 2006, 5:38 PM
JoeTheOdd
[quote author=Meh link=topic=14803.msg150913#msg150913 date=1145554349]
Is there a way it could only be run on certain computers, so if someone wants a copy you ask for the computer ID/Name and set tit to only be opened on that machine.
[/quote]

I don't have a clue how, but you might be able to use HD serials.
April 21, 2006, 12:16 PM

Search