Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | C/C++ Programming | Need Help With Mysql and C++[Resolved]

AuthorMessageTime
Final
Ok well Its been a couple of hours and I cant seem to find any good tutorials on using mysql.h By itself I tried all the wrappers they always have a damn error so I dont deal with them. Ive been trying to gather data from mysql server with just mysql.h and I cant seem to output data.

this is what i have so far.
[code]
MYSQL* mysql = mysql_init(NULL);
          MYSQL_RES* _result;
          MYSQL_ROW _curr_row;
          MYSQL* _handle; 
          int index=0;
          char sx[MAX_PATH];
          mysql_real_connect(mysql,"127.0.0.1","root","blah","Main",PORT,0,1);
          mysql_query(mysql,"SELECT * FROM members WHERE username=`unkownname`");
          _curr_row = mysql_fetch_row(_result);
          char* data = _curr_row[1];
[/code]
what should i do next to do this right cuz it always crashes when it gets here

char* data = _curr_row[1];

??
I really really need help on this.
April 17, 2006, 12:55 AM
warz
What's the error? And does mysql_real_connect open the table and database and everything?
April 17, 2006, 2:18 AM
Final
sorry everyone after taking 6 hours of my life I figured it out blindy I made contact got my first variable back and never been happier if anyone need source on how to do it ask me.

//Got another problem with mysql and c++ though//
I have been making a server in c++ for the past few months that wy I needed mysql.
Now that i have it working I have the data outputed like this.
Row[0]= ID
Row[1]= Username
Row[2]= Password
And i have a packet buffer reading authentication from client side.
So i Parse like so
Switch(buffer[1]){
//All buffer code goes here//
}
But Im having a problem I get my packet information like so.
char* username=buffer+4;
char* password=buffer+sizeof(username)+5;
what Im having problems is, When i try doing an if() on it to check if passwords match like so.
if(password==Row[2]){
//I Add A success//
}else{
//I Denied//
}
But for somereason Everything is correct password= Blah and Row[2]= Blah
But It dont Accept it for $hit could someone tell me wy.
April 17, 2006, 5:24 AM
warz
well, it shouldn't let you compile like that. you'll need to look up the functions strncmp or strcmp on msdn and use either one
April 17, 2006, 8:25 AM
Kp
[quote author=warz link=topic=14786.msg150714#msg150714 date=1145262306]
well, it shouldn't let you compile like that. you'll need to look up the functions strncmp or strcmp on msdn and use either one
[/quote]

Why not?  His grammar is atrocious, but his code looks syntactically valid.  It's wrong for what he wants it do to, but it's syntactically OK.
April 18, 2006, 2:04 AM
Final
Well Thanks for Ciritsm and flatter my code. Hmm So now I see I have something wrong by what you guys say so what should id do to do right cuz what i did Did get the values of my mysql database but couldnt compare.
--Sorry for last part of that Let me try out that function;
Update Sorry To bother but could i get an example from you guys simple one because the freaking stuff websites are giving me are farely wierd if it is less than equal to 0 or less than wtf ? im having trouble.
April 18, 2006, 4:03 AM
Kp
For a self-proclaimed decent programmer, you don't seem very good.  Your spelling shows what I hope is merely a lack of care, and your punctuation's no better.  A decent programmer would've tried stepping through in a debugger to analyze what's failing.  I'd offer you some help out of pity, but I don't see the point wading through your post to try to find the question, if one is even articulated well enough to be answered.
April 18, 2006, 4:19 AM
Final
Sorry I was reading up on wrong function it was second strcmp sorry about that kp
April 18, 2006, 4:33 AM
TheMinistered
[quote]
For a self-proclaimed decent programmer, you don't seem very good.  Your spelling shows what I hope is merely a lack of care, and your punctuation's no better.  A decent programmer would've tried stepping through in a debugger to analyze what's failing.  I'd offer you some help out of pity, but I don't see the point wading through your post to try to find the question, if one is even articulated well enough to be answered.
[/quote]

I love the enthusiasm there... I mean really... I gotta lol for a min... OK Like do you really think that helps guy?  I mean guy probably is fairly new and maybe a bit cocky... but why not send him down the road of wisdom instead of insulting him kp, you yellow belly turd ^^. 

EDIT:  You ever consider maybe he is using the english version of the IDE and perhaps this guy is hispanic, asian (invasion), russian, german, deutch, etc??? Maybe he is a beginner non-caucasian programmer-- perhaps his skills in assembly are more elite than you, he would be a great honor to have here at VALHALLA LEGENDS
April 19, 2006, 4:18 PM
Final
well thanks for compliment and im Hispanic but I use english more than spanish I know how to speak english very well its just my spelling sucks sorry if that bothers anyone here I always get some comment on that. Like Stealthbot everyone got mad at my spelling and didnt pay attention to my problem I felt really down but yet again someone goes and does it again stealthbot dosent do it anymore but its like , were ever i go ill always be insulted.
April 19, 2006, 4:25 PM

Search