Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Laptop for college

AuthorMessageTime
St0rm.iD
Hi guys -

I'm trying to pick out a laptop for college. I'm really tempted by the new Intel MacBooks (dual boot Windows XP and OSX), but I don't know how economical they are. I priced a similar system at Dell and found it to be only about $40 less.

Is there a place where I can get a better deal? Any shortcomings with MacBooks? Rosetta? BootCamp?

Thanks.
April 10, 2006, 7:33 PM
Stealth
Be sure to consider Dell coupon codes which can often bump the price on their systems down substantially.
April 10, 2006, 7:36 PM
laurion
www.ibuypower.com
April 11, 2006, 4:00 AM
peofeoknight
I wanted light + affordable + alright proc power & hd space. I got an acer aspire and spent a grand on it at the expence of graphics (but hey, its a laptop). I take it to class with me every day.
April 11, 2006, 4:41 AM
LoRd
Dell makes extremely large laptops.  I <3 the ThinkPad.
April 11, 2006, 4:58 AM
peofeoknight
[quote author=Lord[nK] link=topic=14741.msg150388#msg150388 date=1144731517]
Dell makes extremely large laptops.  I <3 the ThinkPad.
[/quote] Dell has a small laptop too though http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/entnb_710m?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~page=2&~tab=specstab#tabtop
April 11, 2006, 5:13 AM
Topaz
Get a SHUTTLE!

Awesome, and relatively portable (probably not fit for notetaking, but pen and paper is better anyway)
April 11, 2006, 5:22 AM
peofeoknight
eh... toshiba satellite is the best for general note taking because you just slap that mo into tablet mode and write on it. But mine is great for comp sci classes. I mean I can pull up the power point notes while the professor is giving his lecture (cough: start up gaim, get on facebook), and when he puts code segments up on the screen I can type them up right then.
April 11, 2006, 5:31 AM

Search