Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Visual Basic Programming | Listbox overflow?

AuthorMessageTime
Nube_Lube
I made a mass proxy generator (Yes, stupid, but somebody wanted one, so I figured I'd make it), and it works fine up until you get about 30k proxies, at which point it errors out saying "Overflow" or something of that sort. I've never seen the message, this is just what I'm told.

So I am fairly sure it is because I am having the proxies that are generated placed into a listbox, which gets too full and messes up the program.

I'm not very good at VB6 in case you're wondering, which is why I chose to do it that way.

So my question is, what is a better, or the best way of going about doing this?
April 10, 2006, 12:00 AM
Adron
The limit is 32767, because of 16-bit integer indexes. If you have that many proxies, I do not think it makes much sense to put them into a listbox. Just store them in a collection or a file or something.
April 10, 2006, 12:50 AM
Twix
This is off topic but what is a mass proxy generator and who in the right mind would have over 30k+ working proxies.
April 10, 2006, 12:53 AM
Nube_Lube
Lol... They aren't working, this program basically opens, you put in your values, and it lists every proxy from A to B. Then you test them. It's good if you have a range that you know is active, but are too lazy to scan.
April 10, 2006, 1:29 AM
Topaz
In case you want a solution to that, you could create an array for the listbox, monitor the distribution of proxies to the listbox, and as it nears the 30,000 limit, automatically move on to the next listbox, and so forth.
April 10, 2006, 3:44 AM
MysT_DooM
or instead of making all the proxies go to a listbox, why not just print them to a file.  I mean, if the guy takes those proxies and tests them, eventually his gonna put those proxies in a txt file, so might as well print them to it.
April 10, 2006, 2:40 PM

Search