Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | /WHOAMI -- Introductions | Back again

AuthorMessageTime
Lord_Vegito
I originally joined these forums around Easter 2003, but then I just sort of disappeared.

Personal:

Name: Nathan
Education: High School Grad

Favourite:

Music: Punk Rock
TV Show: Sex, Toys, and Chocolate!
Movie: Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
Book: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Author: J.R.R. Tolkein
Band: Evans Blue
School Subject: History of Video Games (I wish)
Food: Wong Wing Chinese!
Drink: Smirnoff Green Apple
Operating system: Windows XP
Hockey Team: Toronto Maple Leafs
Baseball Team: Toronto Blue Jays
Sporting Event: Quidditch World Cup (not kidding..)
Game: World of Warcraft
Game Genre: MMORPG
Animal: Penguin
Pet: Cat (don't have one, but I want two cats. one white named Furby, and one brownish grey named Chewbacca :))

Extra:

I used to come here to get/give help with programming Battle.net bots, however I eventually postponed my bot projects to further my knowledge of PHP. Eventually I left bot developement all together to help the gaming community on a wider scale. Currently I'm doing so as a staff member of the Pro Gamers Tour which is a public ladder for Brood War. I came back to these forums to chat and hopefully learn something usefull about life :)

More (outdated) information about me can be found in my old introduction post here.

Updates not already covered:

1) I didn't get a chance to take my MCP certification exam before they stopped doing it. Although I scored 80% and higher on the practice exams so I'm positive I would have got it.
2) {LTK}VeGiTo316 was deleted from battle.net last month. LoRd]VeGiTo[ still exists but I'm more commonly found on Laverick (all servers).
3) I'm rarely on Battle.net's servers anymore, you'd be better off finding me on PGTour's bnetx.pgtour.net server.
4) I'm no longer rated on the Battle.net Ladder, however I'm undefeated on PGTour (granted, I've only played two games).
5) If I'm on Battle.net at all, you won't find me in any specific channel anymore, I just float around.

To those who are still reading this, you must be as bored as I am.
April 5, 2006, 5:50 PM
LW-Falcon
Yes another LOTR fan :)
April 5, 2006, 9:03 PM
Lord_Vegito
I'm not just a LOTR fan, I'm more of a LOTR nerd. I can speak Elvish...

The text under my avatar is a combination of elvish languages which tanslates to "My life, my game, my world"
April 5, 2006, 9:19 PM
Disco
[quote author=Laverick link=topic=14699.msg149892#msg149892 date=1144271972]
I'm not just a LOTR fan, I'm more of a LOTR nerd. I can speak Elvish...

The text under my avatar is a combination of elvish languages which tanslates to "My life, my game, my world"
[/quote]

So what was the deal with Tom Bombadil?
April 5, 2006, 9:58 PM
Topaz
Reminds me of DM with shades.
April 5, 2006, 10:39 PM
Lord_Vegito
What about Bombadil?
April 6, 2006, 12:59 AM
LW-Falcon
http://www.lordotrings.com/quiz.asp
Hey take that quiz and see what you get :)
April 8, 2006, 1:38 AM
Lord_Vegito
[quote]"Victory!...you have made it to the House of Elrond without being caught by the Black Riders. The first part of your journey has been completed but there is much more trouble up ahead."

Your Evaluation:
Correct Answers: 15
Wrong Answers: 0

"Fantastic, not one mistake! You have a lot of potential...in fact you remind me of myself when I was your age. I am confident you will be able to impress we again in the second Level."[/quote]

That's an interesting quiz :) I'll have to finish it at a later time though.
April 8, 2006, 4:20 AM
JoeTheOdd
Ai na veduin dunadin. Mae govannen!

Looks like I'm not the only LotR nerd here anymore. Woo!

@Quidditch World Cup, I put that down too, but only because I couldn't think of anything else.

EDIT -
Come to think about it, what does the Elvish word nin mean anyhow? I've seen it used as water, world, and voice.

Nin o chitaglir lasto beth daer, rimmo nin bruinen dan in ulaer
Lasto beth nin, tolo dan na ngalad
April 8, 2006, 4:37 PM
Lord_Vegito
Well met indeed... lol...

I've never seen nin used as those examples... in Quenya it means something like "for me", but I used the Sindarin form which means "me" or "my". Nín in Sindarin can also mean "tear".

April 8, 2006, 8:14 PM
JoeTheOdd
Yeah, I was refering to Sindarin.
April 8, 2006, 10:08 PM

Search