Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | C/C++ Programming | SC Bots in C++

AuthorMessageTime
Mecctro
Does anyone know were i can get help with or some code for a C++ Bot?

I dont really know VB as well as C++ that's the reason I want to know.

Thank you in advance.
April 4, 2006, 3:03 PM
Yegg
So, why not learn C++?
April 4, 2006, 7:27 PM
JoeTheOdd
He knows C++, not VB. (Don't tell him to learn VB!)

If you can find a copy of slackchat, it's well written in C.
April 5, 2006, 1:40 AM
Mecctro
yes i know c++ thnk you
April 5, 2006, 2:35 AM
Myndfyr
Ahh, in that case you can get help and possibly code here for bots in C/C++ or several other languages.
April 5, 2006, 3:06 AM
LoRd
msdn.microsoft.com.
April 5, 2006, 3:08 AM
JoeTheOdd
[quote author=Lord[nK] link=topic=14690.msg149821#msg149821 date=1144206481]
msdn.microsoft.com.
[/quote]

Real mature. That's even more useless than Zomg this is ur nou best freind!
April 5, 2006, 3:59 AM
Quarantine
What are you talking about? That's one of the most valuable things while coding..
April 5, 2006, 5:35 AM
Explicit[nK]
You could look into DarkMinion's DMBot.  The source is lying around somewhere...
April 5, 2006, 5:39 AM
Mephisto
[quote author=Warrior link=topic=14690.msg149839#msg149839 date=1144215347]
What are you talking about? That's one of the most valuable things while coding..
[/quote]

To the somewhat versed C/C++ programmer, sure, but to a newbie?  haha...
April 5, 2006, 2:02 PM
Kp
[quote author=Warrior link=topic=14690.msg149839#msg149839 date=1144215347]
[/quote]

Perhaps for you poor Windows users.  It's of no use to us Linux folk! ;)

Even on Windows, I'd prefer to download and install the Platform SDK, so that I don't have to keep sifting through an ever rearranging Microsoft website.
April 5, 2006, 4:06 PM
Quarantine
Well maybe I generalized a little, it's pretty useful for people developing under Windows (which he seems to be doing since he mentioned VB)

I don't know about you Mephisto but each page is rich with information and even offers samples, once he learns the basics the rest is just a matter of looking it up as you need it. I believe some pages have general C/C++ information as well.

I personally don't look through that mess of a navigation that is MSDN but I just type google WindowsAPIFunctionNameHere() and it usually turns up the MSDN page.
April 5, 2006, 7:15 PM
JoeTheOdd
Had you read it, he said that he doesn't want to be referred to a VB source code, because he doesn't know VB.

EDIT -
For some reason, I used future tense. Fixed.
April 5, 2006, 7:23 PM
Quarantine
Had you read what I said it clearly states he referenced VB which implies he is using Microsoft even if he isn't using VB..

Additionally he knows VB, just not as well as he knows C/C++.

Quit it.
April 5, 2006, 7:30 PM
Mephisto
[quote author=Warrior link=topic=14690.msg149887#msg149887 date=1144265412]
Had you read what I said it clearly states he referenced VB which implies he is using Microsoft even if he isn't using VB..

Additionally he knows VB, just not as well as he knows C/C++.

Quit it.
[/quote]

Clearly he doesn't know VB since he knows nothing of C/C++ (perhaps the basics) and compared his knowledge of VB to C/C++ as close.
April 5, 2006, 10:19 PM
Quarantine
[quote author=Mecctro link=topic=14690.msg149807#msg149807 date=1144204543]
yes i know c++ thnk you
[/quote]

Oh, my mistake..I mean how wrong of me to say he knew C/C++..it's not like he said it..
April 5, 2006, 11:57 PM
Myndfyr
[quote author=Warrior link=topic=14690.msg149909#msg149909 date=1144281464]
Oh, my mistake..I mean how wrong of me to say he knew C/C++..it's not like he said it..
[/quote]

Warrior, you need to forgive Mephisto.  He is an idiot.  His parents purposely trained him wrong, as a joke.  Now he shits when he's standing at a urinal, and pisses in his bed when he goes to sleep at night.
April 6, 2006, 1:35 AM
Mephisto
[quote author=MyndFyre[vL] link=topic=14690.msg149919#msg149919 date=1144287337]
[quote author=Warrior link=topic=14690.msg149909#msg149909 date=1144281464]
[/quote]

Warrior, you need to forgive Mephisto.  He is an idiot.  His parents purposely trained him wrong, as a joke.  Now he shits when he's standing at a urinal, and pisses in his bed when he goes to sleep at night.
[/quote]

OKAY!  Coming from the fat & ugly piece of shit like you?
April 6, 2006, 2:42 AM
Mecctro
sorry for the long waited reply.

I do know VB just not as well as I know C++ I do know all of the basics in C++ and some other things realted to it as well. I can use Linux tools and Unix tools because I have a dual os win/lin on this one, and My server has Unix.

I think that i would be able to understand the basics of pretty much any easy code, and I would probably write my own code if I had enough time to learn all of VB and or C++ or C or .... wll you get the picture.

It would just be easier if I could be referred to a tutorial on Blizzard bots (any game type) that includes code from an entire bot so I may easily understand the "inner workings" of it.

Sorry for the inconvinience by not really specifying exactly what I wanted or knew.

Thank you for your time and experiance in the ohh so complicated and general field.
April 6, 2006, 5:38 PM
Myndfyr
Again, please see the Battle.net Bot Development (and its associated reference subforum) forum for information.  There is a stickied thread called "Information for Newcomers."

Also, when you hit a snag, search.  Pretty much every topic you can think of related to bots has been discussed here at one point or another. 

Most people are not willing to sit down and spell it out for you, because as you so astutely observed, it is a complicated topic, and many of us worked it out by asking directional questions.  For example, if you were to ask, "I'm using Ethereal, I used Arta's suggestion of tcp.port=6112 filter, but I'm not capturing UDP packets," then I'd tell you how to resolve it -- namely, to remove the tcp. part of the filter (this filter is suggested in the Information for Newcomers thread).

So look around, ask specific questions, and you'll get help.  Nobody wants to take the time to hold your hand.
April 6, 2006, 6:08 PM
Mecctro
I dont want anyone to hold my hand and i have searched but what i Specifically am looking for is an entire bot code to look at and configure or chage to make my own bot I really dont have the time for the "complete" creation of my own bot.

Sorry for irritating you I'm just not as technically adept in the "Blizzard" programming field but I am not a Newcomer either.

Thank you for your help and suggestions
April 7, 2006, 3:58 PM
Explicit[nK]
[quote author=Mecctro link=topic=14690.msg150066#msg150066 date=1144425523]
I dont want anyone to hold my hand and i have searched but what i Specifically am looking for is an entire bot code to look at and configure or chage to make my own bot I really dont have the time for the "complete" creation of my own bot.

Sorry for irritating you I'm just not as technically adept in the "Blizzard" programming field but I am not a Newcomer either.

[/quote]

In other words, you're looking for source code to modify and release as your own simply because you "don't have time" to write your own? ..

Anyway, read my previous post.
April 7, 2006, 5:39 PM
Insolence
[quote author=Explicit[nK] link=topic=14690.msg150076#msg150076 date=1144431577]

[/quote]

In other words, you're looking for source code to modify and release as your own simply because you "don't have time" to write your own? ..

Anyway, read my previous post.
[/quote]What's wrong with that?  Plenty of different Linux distro's out there for very specific purposes, what if he has a very specific purpose and doesn't want to bother with any of the base work? (which he shouldn't have to)

If you want more people to write bots, which is what this forum is for, then encourage the simple modding of previous bots.  That's how I get into most of my projects, I exhaust(sp) the capability of a base library and end up building my own (PHP CMS's for example).
April 13, 2006, 6:46 AM
Myndfyr
[quote author=Insolence link=topic=14690.msg150537#msg150537 date=1144910780]
What's wrong with that?  Plenty of different Linux distro's out there for very specific purposes, what if he has a very specific purpose and doesn't want to bother with any of the base work? (which he shouldn't have to)
[/quote]
There's nothing wrong with it in and of itself.  But what happens in 99.9% of these projects (yes, I'm pulling that number out of my ass, shut up) is that the people who do them don't give credit where it's due, do a horrible job because they don't understand the project or the language, or because they're just morons.
April 13, 2006, 7:57 AM
Explicit[nK]
[quote author=Insolence link=topic=14690.msg150537#msg150537 date=1144910780]
What's wrong with that? Plenty of different Linux distro's out there for very specific purposes, what if he has a very specific purpose and doesn't want to bother with any of the base work? (which he shouldn't have to)
[/quote]

If you hadn't noticed, he already specified what he was going to do with the source code.

[/quote]

This goes hand-in-hand with MyndFyre's post.

As reluctant as this gesture is, here: DM Bot Source
April 13, 2006, 5:25 PM
warz
Well, no offense, but if you can't find a bots source code through google then you don't deserve to have any. :-P
April 13, 2006, 8:30 PM

Search