Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Politics | Congress woman punches officer

AuthorMessageTime
CrAz3D
http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/04/03/mckinney.scuffle.ap/index.html

That's got a bit about the possible issuing of an arrest warrant & why she swung at the officer.

[quote]Her supporters tried to minimize the incident -- which they called political, not criminal -- but they also suggested it was an example of racial profiling. They called publicity surrounding the episode a distraction that is being used by "her enemies" to keep the congresswoman from performing her elected duties.
[/quote]
Political?...she SWUNG at an officer, why is everyone so quick to scream "political agenda" when someone else does something wrong?  Why can't people just own up to their actions anymore?  Why the extreme BS from the left?  Cheney took care of his business, why can't this woman take responsibility for what she did without her supporters claiming there is some political motivation behind her possible arrest?

Racial profiling?...hell, if she had "randomly" been strip searched, I might understand it...but I have to empty my pockets & stuff going into court everytime I go (I've been going 2-4 times a week for 2 years & I still get stopped, its no biggie).
I wonder what the "supporters" will say if the officer that tried to stop her is black (we don't know that he is from what I read...it said he wasn't identified).

[quote]
"She has our support unconditionally," Elligan said. "She is not a threat to the security of our country."[/quote]
Someone that passes security without stopping even after being asked is a threat to security. 
Too bad that she didn't walk faster & keep going when approached...they could've jumped her & cuffed her right there.

Any of you see this crap about the stupid woman from Georgia?
April 4, 2006, 3:40 AM
Ishbar
why does that look like she fell out of a timewarp from the set of fresh prince?

...UNIMPRESSED!!

my moth post was better  ::)
April 4, 2006, 10:06 AM
MrRaza
Looks like Jazz's mom.
April 4, 2006, 12:27 PM
CrAz3D
...and the insanity continues...
http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/04/04/mckinney.scuffle/index.html

[quote]Her attorney, James Myart, has said McKinney was "assaulted," and that her reaction to the officer was appropriate.[/quote]
What the hell?  An officer tells you to stop, you don't, he stops you & YOU claim that you were assaulted?
If I ever just pass by any security checkpoint like that, after being told to stop, I hope someone physically stops me or I'll complain I wasn't stopped.

[quote]McKinney has previously complained of not being recognized as a member of Congress, both on Capitol Hill and at the White House. In 1998, she demanded and received an apology from the Clinton administration after White House guards stopped her.[/quote]
Maybe the Whitehouse Administrations are hinting at something ;)...like get the hell out.
April 4, 2006, 10:29 PM
Grok
At issue is she violated the order to stop, then when physically confronted she struck an officer doing his duty.

Everything coming from her and her office is pure spin, trying to say its about her color, her hair, or failure of police to recognize her.  She was doing everything wrong yet wants to blame everything on someone else, the capitol police who was doing nothing wrong and everything right.

What she needs to do is admit her mistake, apologize, plead guilty and do her 24 hours in home imprisonment or whatever her sweet deal turns out to be.
April 5, 2006, 4:28 PM
Myndfyr
Fox News interview with Cynthia McKinney: here.  "We have received numerous calls for support."  The interviewer: "Where is your colleagues' support?"

Also, Drudge Report indicates that DeLay has been criticizing McKinney in saying that "everything is racism" with her:
[quote]REP. DELAY ON FOXNEWS: 'Cynthia McKinney is a racist. She has a long history of racism. Everything is racism with her. This is incredible arrogance, and -- that sometimes hits these members of congress, but especially Cynthia McKinney'... [/quote]
although I haven't been able to verify this.

It also turns out that this is the same woman who used campaign funds to pay for an entertainer (Isaac Hayes I think) to do something non-congressional for (I believe) a constituent.
April 5, 2006, 4:47 PM
Grok
[quote author=MyndFyre[vL] link=topic=14687.msg149870#msg149870 date=1144255658]It also turns out that this is the same woman who used campaign funds to pay for an entertainer (Isaac Hayes I think) to do something non-congressional for (I believe) a constituent.
[/quote]

While that's maybe stupid, it does not sound illegal.  Campaign funds come from constituents, and are used to "buy votes".  So entertaining a constituent that she thought might get her a block of votes seems exactly what campaigning is all about.  There's probably some stupid aspects to it, but it sounds like non-news to me.
April 5, 2006, 6:38 PM
JoeTheOdd
[quote author=MrRaza link=topic=14687.msg149750#msg149750 date=1144153654]
Looks like Jazz's mom.
[/quote]

More like Vi Smith, if you ask me.
April 5, 2006, 7:26 PM

Search