Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Gaming Discussion | Guild Wars: Factions

AuthorMessageTime
crankycefx
Hey,

Aside from me now alpha testing Guild Wars (testing content on their developmental servers and the like before it gets sent to "live" or everyone else) I'm more intensely into this game.  Even joining a group for top tier PvP in hopes of the latest $100,00 World Championship.

Anyone going to pick up Factions, the expansion pack?

Also, vL ought to consider picking up Guild Wars.  It's incredibly micro/macro management heavy on some roles, and on others it requires a lot of twitch reaction and plain old skill/talent.
For a chance at $50,000/8..I'd do it :)
I think vL has the skill and know-how to handle the game mechanics, mathematics/calculations and build development to try a hand at it.

But...that's only if they were genuinely interested in PvP'ing at a world championship level.

Cheers!
April 3, 2006, 9:58 PM
Invert
lol
April 7, 2006, 5:18 PM
waar
Battleground/Tournament PvP isn't fun =(
April 7, 2006, 5:36 PM
crankycefx
It's nothing like Battlegrounds.  Absolutely nothing.

Tournament (Hall of Heroes) which yields items for prizes and fame for emotes (deer, wolf, tiger, phoenix emote flash) starts with 1v1, then proceeds to a 1v1v1 (three teams of 8.), then it's a relic run, where you run an item from Point A -> Point B faster than the other team can, then there's a king of the hill/hold the altar map, another prettier relic run map, a precursor to HoH map 1v1, and  finally a 1v1v1v1v1v1 (if 6 are there) in the Hall of Heroes, for the best team to win.  The final map is also a hold the altar map, where you must keep your Hero alive and holding the "hill" or altar to win it.

GvG has NPC's, a flag stand, bodyguards protecting the guild lord and a guild lord you need to kill.
For each battle you have 8 characters that can bring 8 skills, out of over 400 something skills.  The ladder  system uses an ELO rating system, and it's pretty sweet.  Good rating system imo.

Battlegrounds and tournaments I've played in weren't like that :P

Tell me that's not fun? Strategy, planning, and skill in micro/macro?
lol at yourself, invert. :P I have over 1-2mil in game now :)
April 8, 2006, 1:35 AM
crankycefx
I have 3 14 day 10 hour trial keys if anyone wants to try GW out.
April 17, 2006, 6:07 PM
warz
What's fun about the high-end level of the game, rather than pvp? My roommate has played only a few days and has a lvl 20 character. He has the best armor in the game he says. What else is there to offer?
April 26, 2006, 4:47 AM
crankycefx
I doubt he has it.

There's also these things:
In prophecies, 2 zones called underworld and fissure of woe
each cost 1plat to get into, and have amazing item drops, and other stuff.

in factions there is:
alliance battles (3 random teams of 4 people) , challenge missions(complete objective with the highest score in X time), cooperative missions(work with other people) and elite missions(RIDICOUSLY HARD)

The best armor in the game is fissure of woe armor
or the 15k ones, which cost 15,000 per armor piece (a total of 75,000)
Fissure of Woe requires ectoplasms and shards, ectos are worth 5,000 each and you need 105, shards are worth 3,000 and you need 105
plus 15,000 per piece, plus other materials to craft it
It costs over 1million gold, which takes a few months to farm, unless you ebay.
April 29, 2006, 12:35 AM
warz
ah i meant he has guild wars regular, he just doesnt know whats so fun about the high-end of the game. factions sounds like itll add some more items. cool.
April 29, 2006, 8:48 PM
thing2
I bought GWF late last week and played a bit over the weekend.  I'm looking forward to some pee vee pee action as soon as I get some skillz.  Anybody have any skillz for sale?  ;D
May 1, 2006, 2:24 PM
crankycefx
What's your in game name Thing?
I'll get you in one of the top alliances.  We're holding the Kurzick capital lately.

I'll teach you the game in a high end level :)
May 6, 2006, 6:36 AM
crankycefx
[url]http://www.gwversus.com/[/url]
Check out Te, iQ, Char, EvIL, RenO and War Machine matches
Treacherous Empire, Idiot Savants, We Pwn Charr, The Last Pride, Benicio Renovatio
etc

Great vids of good matches.
May 14, 2006, 2:08 AM

Search