addr: bnls.valhallalegends.com
port: 9367
TCP

is this wrong?
first thing i was trying to send was BNLS_AUTHORIZE
but i lose connection immediately
May 28, 2003, 2:59 PM
RhiNo
did you read the little text that comes with cleanslatebot.ocx? that should help
May 28, 2003, 3:01 PM
______
i say dont use cleanslatebot.ocx learn the real way so when the severs go down you dont complain. :-X
May 28, 2003, 3:11 PM
Atmalion
ive never heard of cleanslate bot

i am doing this in linux btw so i dont know how much ocx aregonna help me

are either of you familiar with BNLS though?
are they just done? or broke?
it was doing this last night too

May 28, 2003, 3:17 PM
Atmalion
if i use telnet even , and connect
it immediately disconnects me

it does let me connect
but then drops hehe
May 28, 2003, 3:29 PM
CrAz3D
If you're a first timer CleanSlateBot is EXTREMELY easy to use. You don't have to know any Winsock connections or what have you. It does, however, connect to BNLS so it's uptiem is unreliable, but simple at that.

CleanSlateBot is used in quite a few bots ( StealthBot, FiReBoT, DooMBoT {that's mine}, & a few more )

Some bots, such as DooMBoT & FiReBoT, implement both BNLS & HASHES into the bots. BNLS makes it easier for newbs" to log on & use.
Soul Taker
[11:31:20 AM] Disconnected from BNLS - 10053 Connection is aborted due to timeout or other failure

Appears to be down at the moment.
Atmalion
ok so its just down now ;(
May 28, 2003, 3:32 PM
EvilCheese
If you're losing connection on sending BNLS_AUTHORIZE:

-Do you have a bot ID from Yoni/Skywing?

If not you'll see this behaviour, as stated in the protocol specs.

http://www.valhallalegends.com/yoni/BNLSProtocolSpec.txt

If you have a bot ID, and you think you're using it, and it's still terminating the connection, then chances are you're constructing the packet incorrectly.

Having said that... I think BNLS is down for the moment. Not sure how long it's been down/if it would account for your problem though.
May 28, 2003, 3:32 PM
Atmalion
yea i have an ID
its not even getting that far though
just dropping immediately after connection

before i send anything (it doesnt send anything either)

this is the first ive tried to use it though so i couldnt be to quick to assume it was just down
although apparently that is the case

May 28, 2003, 3:45 PM
CrAz3D
Have an SS of where it stops at?
May 28, 2003, 3:51 PM
Atmalion
hehe no but its easy to explain

it connects
then disconnects :)

instantly
not waiting a minute

it is like the port is still open
but thats all just an open port..
May 28, 2003, 4:08 PM
Kp
[quote author=CrAz3D link=board=17;threadid=1464;start=0#msg10963 date=1054135792]
If you're a first timer CleanSlateBot is EXTREMELY easy to use. You don't have to know any Winsock connections or what have you. It does, however, connect to BNLS so it's uptiem is unreliable, but simple at that.

CleanSlateBot is used in quite a few bots ( StealthBot, FiReBoT, DooMBoT {that's mine}, & a few more )

Some bots, such as DooMBoT & FiReBoT, implement both BNLS & HASHES into the bots. BNLS makes it easier for newbs" to log on & use.
[/quote]He said quite specifically that he was doing this in a Linux client. That means: 1) No VB, 2) No CleanSlateBot, and 3) No Winsock.
May 28, 2003, 6:41 PM
______
Then how can you do it besides those 3 forms of conneceting
May 28, 2003, 7:34 PM
Yoni
Using Linux sockets. They're like Winsock in some ways and different in others.
(Both are based on BSD sockets - Winsock with its Win32 specific stuff added, and Linux with its Linux specific stuff added.)
May 28, 2003, 7:45 PM
Zakath
Indeed. Winsock is what it sounds like: a Windows socket library. Linux has its own socket library (or libraries, more likely, knowing Linux).
May 29, 2003, 1:01 AM
St0rm.iD
BNLS != Cleanslate.

Does BNLS do IP bans?
May 29, 2003, 1:33 AM
Atmalion
i got conncted to BNLS and authorized :)
thats a start

i am using php :)
lol
i started trying in C with bsd sockets api and it is a total pain in the ass
May 29, 2003, 3:17 AM
Kp
[quote author=Atmalion link=board=17;threadid=1464;start=15#msg11031 date=1054178255]
i started trying in C with bsd sockets api and it is a total pain in the ass[/quote]That's what I use for my Linux-based networking clients, and they work fine. :) They're all C based, btw.
May 29, 2003, 4:20 AM
Yoni
[quote author=St0rm.iD link=board=17;threadid=1464;start=15#msg11024 date=1054172025]
Does BNLS do IP bans?
[/quote]I can think of six different types of bans implemented in BNLS. Five of the six types have a toggleable "evil mode", which I will not discuss here. There could be more I'm forgetting. Point is, if we don't like you, you won't be using BNLS. :)
May 29, 2003, 2:53 PM
indulgence
[quote author=Yoni link=board=17;threadid=1464;start=15#msg11060 date=1054219991]
[b]Five of the six types have a toggleable "evil mode", which I will not discuss here.[b]
[/quote]

Such naughtiness...

Although most of this topic was funny, with all the "use CleanSlateBot" lol... oh the laughs
May 29, 2003, 7:25 PM

Search